UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Best (and Worst) of 2009

Cappy

Am I the only one finding it eerie seeing the same typo two years in a row? :unsure:

Loving the awards night approach Cappy! Seeing as we got so many new mates last year, it's always a cool surprise seeing the cream of the crop all in one place :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No big surprises yet, but I really enjoy your pics, Cappy! (And that little blank guy is holding T-800's 'minigun'" upside down... But, hey, he's just a blank guy! :P )

____

Edit: Wait, Gambit wins sexiest Minimate? That is a surprise! Where are Ares and Ultimate Thor?

Edited by Bob Harris

oh wow. i kinda thought Ares would win sexiest minimate for sure! although - i missed the vote, so i guess i can only blame myself. . .

Great work on all the pics so far. this has turned out to be quite an awards ceremony so far!

Am I the only one finding it eerie seeing the same typo two years in a row? :unsure:

Stupid cut-n-paste technology... why can't the computer know what I meant to say... *mutterfrizzle*

On that minigun: I've spent countless hours since I got the thing, trying to decide which way is up. It makes sense that the ammo belt would hang down, but it looks cooler held the other way.... Oh well, maybe I'll do a little digital editing.

Don't fret for Ares, he gets his share of Adys this year, just you wait. ;)

Edited by Cappy

Biggest Sleeper

(Click thumbnails for larger pics)

09%20th_sleeper.jpg

3rd place: AIM Soldier

2nd place: Goth Girl

1st place: Cosmic Silver Surfer

Best 2-in-1 Minimate

09%20th_2-in-1.jpg

3rd place: Black Panther

2nd place: Terror Dog Louis Tully

1st place: Hydra Agent

"When DST can't make them fast enough, we make our own." A few select individuals have taken this creed to dizzying heights, bringing the craftsmanship of custom Minimates to a new level of excellence. Tonight, the Ady Awards would like to thank all of our customizers, and recognize the following fan favorites:

Favorite Custom

09%20th_bestcustom.jpg

3rd place: Warth (Blue Lantern) by Shamrock

2nd place: The Maxx by Shamrock

1st place: Hellboy by Bob Harris

Favorite Customizer

3rd place: Bob Harris

2nd place: Luke314pi

1st place: Shamrock

The Ghostbusters have repeatedly been on the podium, gathering their share of fame. No small feat against the powerhouse that is Marvel Minimates. In recognition of their sterling work this year, the Ady Selection Committee has created a unique category to honor the Ghostbusters' dedication to the cause:

Best Ghostbuster

09%20th_bestghostbuster.jpg

3rd place: scorched Louis Tully

2nd place: Dr Ray Stantz (GB1)

1st place: Clear Slimer

(Yeah, he should be on a green stand, but that would only detract from the beauty of the piece.)

Tomorrow we conclude the 2009 Ady Awards Ceremony with a look at variants and the three Minimates selected as simply The Best.

In my eyes Silver Surfer wasn't a sleeper at all, since I cheered for him the moment I heared about him being re-done. Anyways, glad he got an Ady. And speaking of that: I got me an Ady! Woohoo! Thanks a lot for all of you voting for Hellboy! I am very happy! And congratulations to Shamrock! Your Maxx is fantastic and also got my vote! And since you did a whole bunch of really cool and very original customs this year, you really earned the title of 2009's best customizer! And all respect to Luke as well for second place! Luke, I guess we are used to get such awesome stuff from you, that it might be hard to compete with our expectations! :tongue: And MiniMyte didn't make it on the podium? Man, I really love your stuff and expected to see it up there.

Anyway, thanks Cappy for keeping up a great award ceremony! Really looking forward to see best mates tomorrow!

(And that little blank guy is holding T-800's 'minigun'" upside down... But, hey, he's just a blank guy!

There, above pic is all fixified. :P

Here we are, folks, the last night of the 2009 Ady Awards. There have been tears and jeers, joy for toys, but the final votes are the biggest. Let's step right into the last Big Four categories, starting with:

Worst Variation

09%20th_worstvariant.jpg

3rd place: Special Ops Wolverine

2nd place: Symbiote Bond Spider-Man

1st place: Old Man Logan

Best Variant

09%20th_bestvariant.jpg

3rd place: Captain America (Bucky Barnes)

2nd place: Phoenix (green costume)

1st place: Wolverine (Wave 28)

Worst Minimate

09%20th_worstmate.jpg

3rd place: Ultimate Spider-Woman

2nd place: Old Man Logan

1st place: Ultimate Hulk

And now, The Best Minimate of 2009

09%20th_bestmate.jpg

3rd place: Phoenix (green costume)

2nd place: Ares

1st place: The Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool

Can Deadpool stand proudly next to past winners like Dr Strange? That's a definite yes. In fact, Ares and Phoenix are no slouches themselves, each gathering more than one Ady. Which demonstrates how DST has raised their standards over the years. As the 2009 Adys come to a close, the future of Minimates only looks brighter.

Free-lance photographer Mini_Myte captured this revelation of how Best/Worst Variation Ady awards effect family ties:

09%20pic01.jpg

09%20pic02.jpg

09%20pic03.jpg

09%20pic04.jpg

09%20pic05.jpg

Before we go, I need to thank Bob Harris and Mini_Myte for their behind-the-scenes support and help; I needed every bit of it, guys, thanks! Thanks go to Shanester for hosting our wackiness. And of course, the man himself, Ady Carter, holds all our eternal gratitude for creating the community that is Minimate Multiverse.

Following the successful conclusion of the 2009 Ady Awards, we interviewed a white Blank about his snafu during the Best Accessory presentation. (We assume it was the correct Blank, because he was rather touchy about the subject.)

MMMV: Your gaff during the Adys has landed your picture on the cover of The Minimate Times --

Blank: Can't people just get over it? It's been rectified, okay? Turns out Assault T-800 is a really nice guy, watching out for the underdog. He helped me out big time...

minilesson.jpg

Excellent work, Cappy. Love the last few pics there. However. . .

Best Variant

09%20th_bestvariant.jpg

3rd place: Captain America (Bucky Barnes)

2nd place: Phoenix (green costume)

1st place: Wolverine (Wave 28)

So, is Wolvie or Phoenix first?

Wow! Great show Cappy. Thanks for letting me participate, it was a lot of fun. Without a doubt the "Best Ofs" (or should I now say the Ady Awards) have really grown / evolved since 2006. The red carpet treatment really was exceptional. Can't wait to see what's in store for next year.

Again Cappy, amazing job.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Cool show, Cappy, I really enjoyed all of it! And I can easily live with this years winners and loosers. Good choices.

The retirement pics are awesome, MiniMyte!! I really like Logan's grin in the last pic! Great job! And letting little blank shoot at my annoying avatar might be a good idea to keep him quite. :whistling: Love it, Cappy!

Hey, I have that A-frame sign! :lol:

As usual, am loving the work ya put into this Cappy ol' bean :D Can't wait for next year's festivities.

Now I believe we have an after-party to attend somewhere? ;)

So, is Wolvie or Phoenix first?

Crap! Too rushed, too sloppy. Wolverine is definitely the Best Variant. Guess I was just bamboozled by Jean's looks. :blush:

Hey, if I was a red-blooded guy then I'd be mesmerized by Jean's looks too B)