UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hellpop's Customs-- Optimus Prime and Megatron!

hellpop

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

those are lovely, though perhaps they could do with different face decals. Even back in the old comics they had their own distinct personalities... maybe not as much as the films and cartoon, sure.

I've actually got an Eastman and Laird style Leo tattoo on my arm, and whenever someone sees it they're all 'oh, cool... Raph!' I then bore them with an origin story.

I was using the NECA figures as sort of an unofficial guide, and they all have the same heads (or at least such similar heads that I never noticed). In fact, I remember now that part of the reason that I made these was never finding a Raphael to complete the set (or rather, not buying him because I didn't realize that he was going to be so !@#$ much harder to find then his brothers, for no good reason. Very, very bitter about that... :verymad: )

*cough*Nightcrawlerhands&feet*cough*

That... that's brilliant :jawdrop: . Never even crossed my mind. I don't particularly relish the idea of getting four more Nightcrawlers, but I do have several uses for those shoulder pads, so... tell you what, I'll paint up a pair tonight or tomorrow and give y'all an update.

I don't particularly relish the idea of getting four more Nightcrawlers, but I do have several uses for those shoulder pads, so... tell you what, I'll paint up a pair tonight or tomorrow and give y'all an update.

I picked up a bunch of Salaak's to use for TMNT customs. Although I'm not sure if that'll be cheaper now.

Edited by Fujis

While you're still digesting the Turtles (urp! And no, I didn't paint the Nightcrawler hands and feet yet... the hands aren't going to hold most of the weapons, I don't think, so I'm still unsure about 'em), here's a pair of which I'm very proud:

post-1943-0-62926700-1321977937_thumb.jppost-1943-0-03913800-1321977940_thumb.jppost-1943-0-03657000-1321977935_thumb.jp

Special thanks to Luke for turning out a great hairpiece for McDreamy there. Recipes and decals can be found, as always, right friggin' here.

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody likes Green Lanterns, right? Right. Well, here's some:

post-1943-0-20182600-1323274778_thumb.jppost-1943-0-39181900-1323274839_thumb.jppost-1943-0-71296300-1323274834_thumb.jppost-1943-0-64864900-1323274844_thumb.jppost-1943-0-72913400-1323274841_thumb.jppost-1943-0-20560500-1323274837_thumb.jp

Yes, that's G'Nort. Has anyone else done a G'Nort custom before? Am I the first? Anyway, you'll find recipes, a group shot (if you're into that kind of thing), and decals for Katma, Arisia, and Kyle's chest (his face is by TENIME, and can be found at the Factory), as always, at my blog.

Edited by hellpop

I know Boyd started one, but yours may well be the first finished G'Nort... bravo!

I like, consider that recipe stolen :thumbsup:

Someday the world my see my G'nort. Probably January.

In the meantime, I like Hellpop's. And I really love your civilian Hal. Great idea.

I feel you brother, these big fancy dan franchise customisers trying to put us honest folk out of business!

He still really works without the sculpting. Btw, on your blog you mention hal's face... Pretty sure its from hank pym.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments on Firestorm, guys!

So, with the Minimate custom contest in full swing, I've got a few guys I want to post before submitting them. Here's the first, with a buddy:

post-1943-0-32279200-1325814161_thumb.jppost-1943-0-47066400-1325814164_thumb.jppost-1943-0-78307700-1325814166_thumb.jp

Han here's going to be defending my "Best Quick Custom" title that Shanna the She-Devil brought home last year; he may also be my "Best TV/Movie/Cartoon" entry. I haven't decided yet. But you can read all about 'em right freaking here.

Love the WWE customs I bought my son the CM Punk T-shirt for Xmas and I have an original Austin 3:16 T-shirt with the smoking skull on the back which I got years ago back in the attitude era. The only other T-shirt i have of wrestling is the Cactus Jack Wanted Dead shirt before WWE/F reprinted it.

I don't watch much wrestling now only ROH when I can find it but I was a big original ECW fan and even some obscure Japanese stuff.

Okay, one more guy to post for the con... this guy's going to be my "best paint job" submission. That's right, it's Batman's #1 rogue :unsure: Crazy Quilt!

post-1943-0-31613400-1325999904_thumb.jppost-1943-0-45307800-1325999908_thumb.jppost-1943-0-19227000-1325999914_thumb.jp

The formula was paint. Lots and lots of paint. And tears. So there's not much to read about in my blog post, really, but you're welcome to do so anyway.

...wow. I HAVE to make a Crazy Quilt.

Great work, and seeing a CM Punk mate is intriguing... but once I go down THAT road, I may go mad making wrestler Minimates!

Someone else here (can't remember who, sorry) also made Crazy Quilt, and we both agreed that it was the most labor-intensive project we'd taken on. So I don't recommend it, but... he's fun. One of my plans for the new year is to dip deep into the Batman rogues; I'm talking Kite-Man, Calendar Man, the Spook... those kind of guys.

I am definitely not planning on making anymore wrestlers, but you never know. I was thinking about the formula for Bret Hart yesterday, and if you do Bret, you've gotta do Shawn, right? And, of course, Morg's hair is a great start for the immortal Hulk Hogan... yeah, you're right, this is not a road to go down. :unsure:

LOL Crazy Quilt! That's awesome. Love the Han and Luke. Han is perfect. Is there any way you can get a belt on Luke?

Thanks! Be sure to vote for Han as best quick custom! :thumbsup:

You can't really tell from the picture, but Luke actually DOES have a belt; I used the skirt from Ilia Probe. It's probably not ideal, but I kind of just threw him together so Han wouldn't be lonely. I REALLY want to figure out how to make Chewbacca.

Love the WWE customs I bought my son the CM Punk T-shirt for Xmas and I have an original Austin 3:16 T-shirt with the smoking skull on the back which I got years ago back in the attitude era. The only other T-shirt i have of wrestling is the Cactus Jack Wanted Dead shirt before WWE/F reprinted it.

I don't watch much wrestling now only ROH when I can find it but I was a big original ECW fan and even some obscure Japanese stuff.

I was literally about to stop watching wrestling when Punk cut his shoot promo, and it got me through the rest of the year. And now Jericho's back, so I'll stick around at least through his (expected) program with Punk. But yeah, the WWE's fairly bleak outside of a few guys right now.

I ultimately decided not to do the smoking skull on the back, because I just like the simplicity of the Austin 3:16 shirt. And, I hope, this is just a teaser to a Punk/Austin match at WrestleMania in 2013.

Nice job on Crazy Quilt. One day I will summon up the courage to try and create him, but until then I will admire your work.

And I look forward to seeing the rest of Batman's third-rate villains.

Thanks... coming from a guy who's really a top-notch Minimate painter, that means a lot. :happy: