UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hellpop's Customs-- Optimus Prime and Megatron!

hellpop

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Batroc looks really good. I like how his beard turned out. Sharon is spot on and Flag-Smasher is super cool!

I always thought F-S is a pretty cool character, since his initial anti-nationalistic mind-set is a very ambiguous idea rather than beeing just an evil terrorist thing (at least the Karl Morgenthau* character, I've seen there's another guy calling himself Flag-Smasher, I don't know what he's up to.).

I guess the Civil-War-Climax-Not-Nationalist-Anymore-But-Constitutional-Patriotic-Captain-America would rather agree with him in a certain way than fight him...

But that's more a political theory discussion and might not belong here... biggrin.png

______
* Sidenote: Karl Morgenthau would translate to "Carl Morning-Dew"... pretty poetic, right?)

The "other" Flag Smasher was retroactively made into a different character when they offed him and realized they still wanted to use the character. I don't think there's anything more to him then that.

Edited by bigvis497

I'm a very casual comic reader, and I had never heard of Batroc until the latest movie came out. Now I'm looking at your amazing custom and I'm trying to figure out why we have never got a mate of him before. Such a fun design, and your custom is brilliantly executed.

Since we're all talking about Batroc here's a funny Marvel: What the? vid with Batroc in it:

Ze Amazing Leaping Spider-Man ze Leaper!

Great Batroc BTW! I still want a Diamondback and Constrictor for my Thunderbolts/Avengers: The Initiative set up.

Edited by Kostisfire

Thanks guys! The Batroc in that video is part of a Marvel Legends wave that has been scrapped, so hopefully he will find another home. He's such a fun character. If you want to read a great Batroc story, look for this trade, reprinting Roger Stern and John Byrne's all-too brief run:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785126937/sr=8-1/qid=1401812367/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1401812367&sr=8-1

BTW Zach, I know that Boyd's been angling for Batroc for awhile now... maybe you guys can double team Robert and Chuck at the next big Diamond Select Toys summit.

BTW Zach, I know that Boyd's been angling for Batroc for awhile now... maybe you guys can double team Robert and Chuck at the next big Diamond Select Toys summit.

phrasing.jpg

Why have we not made a Batroc? Specifically, THAT Batroc? It's amazing.

Seriously, I've been picturing the Batroc we never made in my mind, and it looks like that.

Yeah. . .on a completely unrelated note, I truly do love that Nighthawk custom HP put together, that I will repost here for no reason other than to satisfy my own personal interest in seeing this figure again and with absolutely zero ulterior motives of influencing the powers that be by doing so.

Nighthawk

attachicon.gifNighthawk.JPG

Why have we not made a Batroc? Specifically, THAT Batroc? It's amazing.

Seriously, I've been picturing the Batroc we never made in my mind, and it looks like that.

Yeah. . .on a completely unrelated note, I truly do love that Nighthawk custom HP put together, that I will repost here for no reason other than to satisfy my own personal interest in seeing this figure again and with absolutely zero ulterior motives of influencing the powers that be by doing so.

>Nighthawk

attachicon.gifNighthawk.JPG

I really like him too. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do his funky mask (since sculpting such details isn't an option for me) and I was happy with the solution. I did the same thing with Mockingbird, whom I haven't taken a photo of yet; I need to redo her now that we've got those great sleeved arms from the Wolverine movie.

I suspect that your want list and mine are pretty similar.biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

The updates keep on rolling! This time, around the DC Universe with a few of my favorite less-then beloved DC characters:

post-1943-0-05045500-1403229827_thumb.jppost-1943-0-43479300-1403229866_thumb.jppost-1943-0-13286400-1403229869_thumb.jppost-1943-0-07606200-1403229901_thumb.jppost-1943-0-37738100-1403229927_thumb.jppost-1943-0-87778700-1403229956_thumb.jppost-1943-0-93928200-1403229978_thumb.jp

Read my rambling about them, including a bafflingly uninteresting story about the Vulture's wings, at my blog.

• 6 months later...