UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

RATM beats X-factor!

MiniFiend UK

Just had to post this. I'm so happy that RATM beat X-factor to The UK #1

Yes I know RATM are on sony label so in the end Simon Cowell still makes money but its just so great that a grass roots internet campaign can be shown to make a difference for once.

To put a minimate slant on this maybe its time to start on DCD again over bringing back minimates all wee need is a nearly a million facebook friends and we stand a chance.

Anyway I'm off to the pub's to hassle DJ's to play the Xmas #1 :lol::D:lol:

Why? Having never seen the film I don't get your reference at all.

RATM at No.1 is fantastic. I can't stand the vapid pap that the x-factor et-al forces into our ears, this is a real Eff You to the people who run the music biz. :D

Why? Having never seen the film I don't get your reference at all.

RATM at No.1 is fantastic. I can't stand the vapid pap that the x-factor et-al forces into our ears, this is a real Eff You to the people who run the music biz. :D

In Love Actually Bill Nighy plays an aging rock star who butchers one of hide classic songs into a Christmas song in an effort to get the Christmas #1. It's a very good movie. I haven't the foggiest who RATM is but to me it will forever be an abbreviation for Rage Against The Machine.

It IS Rage against the Machine.

The UK public, sick and tired of each Christmas being taken over by the hype machine for the X-Factor (reality singing contest like your American Idol) winner, this year got behind an internet campaign to get "Killing In The Name" - yes, the track which goes "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" - to be the UK Christmas number one. And it did!

In your face Simon Cowell!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8423340.stm

What I find even more incredible is the fact that X-Factor was beaten by a seventeen-year-old rap metal song :ohmy:

Anyway, GO RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! Tom Morello forever! :buttrock:

EDIT:

seventeen-year-old rap metal song

I just noticed what a shocking combination of words this is :blink:

that's hardly fair, I mean, they are in support of the working man and those whose freedom is being infringed upon. Just because they support a specific movement doesn't make them terrorist lovers. Besides, this forum is not supposed to have any political discussions, so I'm going to leave it at that, lets just discuss the music side of these guys in this thread, i.e. pop losing again to something with thought behind it.

edit: the post I was referencing is not here anymore, so never mind this now. :)

Edited by MinimateEspo25

I've always liked that song and as far as it being used to dismantle a hype machine it's perfect albeit not too Christamassy although I heard that Rage is donating a bunch of money to homeless shelters so there you go. SMURF YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!