UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are likely testing the waters for this whole concept. Which is a shame, since the only one people are really responding to is the one they made up that may or may not resemble a comic book company's property.

The Delorean isn't great, but I think part of people's complaints is that it isn't a full scaled car. It does seem to be a bit tall, though, so they do have grounds for reservation. I need to see more pictures from more angles before I write it off though.

The T2 tank thing, whether it looks like a mini-version of an actual thing, I dunno. It seems to fit the world though, so I give it a pass. Doesn't look like the tank treads will be moving though, which is a shame. I can understand why, since we're likely aiming for slightly better than happy meal toys with these to keep costs down.

The MAX jet is great. I'm thinking this MAX line they're introducing will be a testing ground. The Minimate Lab set they've whipped up is part of the MAX line, with a generic guard to boot. And with this jet, it looks like a way for them to work around some restrictions in the licenses. A jet for some of our super heroes to fly around in that isn't exactly based on any specific jet. I doubt we'll go so far as a motorcycle that happens to have its wheels caught on fire, or a hovercar for the handicapped, but maybe we'll see some cops, army guys, and the like with appropriate vehicles, or some futuristic contraption that wouldn't be out of place in the Baxter Building.

The big thing to take from the announcement though, is that BttF isn't dead. (I suppose T2 isn't either, though I don't think people were as disappointed when the last of the announced T2 stuff rolled out). I'm hoping we get a new Marty or Doc to go along with the car, maybe even an Einstein. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few rereleases instead, since they've been looking for ways to make some of the earlier figures available again. I'm not too thrilled about the prospects of even more Endoskeletons though, since I can't picture Dr. Silberman piloting one of those things, nor a silver T-1000. Random soldiers or pilots in the jet will be nice though.

If you're looking for a DeLorean for your minimates, get the 1:24 scale car from bttf.com. Sure, you can only (barely) fit them inside from the torso up, but it looks great next to them.

I'm really dredding this line. The choice of super-deformed style they're using is turning off a lot of minimate fans already, and I don't see a lot of new fans or even kids being drawn in by any of these. These 3 vehicles will be warming the TRU pegs along with the miniflyers, and Toys R Us will completely lose interest in carrying anymore product for minimates altogether.

To me, this spells the beginning of the end to Minimates.

Although everyone hates the DeLorean, at least it's a step in the right direction. Now here's hoping for a hoverchair, MODOK, SHIELD Helicarrier and X-Jet :D

I just tried to image how a SHIELD Helicarrier "in perfect scale for two Minimate passengers" would look like... :ermm:

I would hope it would be two feet long and have space for at least ten minimates, kinda like those portable Playmobil playsets. You could pull off the top to see Nick Fury in his chair etc. If not that then maybe SHS will make one XD

I honestly didn't think the BSG Flyers sold well enough to justify an entire line of vehicles. The evidence at the TRUs near me certainly speaks to the contrary. Anyway, I like the jets. I might grab the others depending on what mates come with them. Might these come with the Security Guard and Battle Beast mate if DST decides to scrap the playset?

Hmmm, there's a lot of them at my local TRU.

As I have said i'm not impressed with he Delorian. I'm not posting to repeat that fact I'm just wondering if any one here is a BTTF major fan and what their own forums have said?

I'm curious too. There is this forum at bttf.com, but it's pretty dead and I don't see anything on the Minimate Delorean.

For anyone else searching for fansites, just remember Rule 34 is still firmly in effect. :ohmy:

I honestly didn't think the BSG Flyers sold well enough to justify an entire line of vehicles. The evidence at the TRUs near me certainly speaks to the contrary. Anyway, I like the jets. I might grab the others depending on what mates come with them. Might these come with the Security Guard and Battle Beast mate if DST decides to scrap the playset?

Hmmm, there's a lot of them at my local TRU.

That's what I meant.

Hell, I'm behind this. Its not like we, as minimate collectors, aren't gonna get that deloreon. Really? Maybe we'll get a motorcycle or helicopters or some other stuff.

I'm gonna hold off judging these - I want to see some better prototypes before passing judgment - I'm definitely excited about the DeLorean (regular, not frosted). The Terminator tank-thing looks intriguing, but I think the exclusive figure will probably sell it for me. As for that Jet - it's a nice idea - I'm thinking that it will complement the laboratory as part of the Max line

As a die-hard BttF fan, I can't help but be excited for the DeLorean. It makes for a nice 25th Anniversary present. (Besides a Blu-ray release for the movies...)

I found the design off-putting at first but I have come around to liking it. I think the problem here is that the wheels are too small. If they were a bit bigger the car wouldn't look so tall.

EDIT: Saw the full picture and didn't realize that the back wheels are bigger than the front wheels...I kinda like that. Reminds me of the BttF: Animated DeLorean.

I do like the fact that it'll be able to seat two minimates.

If DST is to do an Ecto-1, one of the main things they need to do is to make sure it'll be able to seat all four Ghostbusters. That should at least take care of some of the scrunching.

Edited by Brad Redfield

Since I was never able to get ahold of the BttF minimates, I'm just gonna pass on the DeLorean for a lack of collection to support it.

However, the Terminator tank is really intriguing to me, and will go along with my Future John Connor nicely.

And the Jet looks impressive for a generic, vague thing.

Can't wait to see what minimates they come with!

I'm going to predict that the frozen DeLoreon will come with Mr. Freeze (signalling DST's taking over the DC Minimates line) and the regular version will come with Kang from Marvel comics (how else would you explain his time travelling abilities?) This would kill two bird with one stone. I also predict the jets will come with Guille from Street Fighter II and Clubber Lang from Rocky 3.

Edited by groundhog7s

I'm gonna predict that the frozen DeLorean will come with Radiation Suit Marty and the non-frozen one will come with a sunglasses-variation of the wave one Marty to re-create the original theatrical poster.

If they do a Rad Suit Marty, they should definately give him a Spock LL&P hand for that scene with George. If they discontinue Trek, where else will they use it?

I'm going to predict that the frozen DeLoreon will come with Mr. Freeze (signalling DST's taking over the DC Minimates line) and the regular version will come with Kang from Marvel comics (how else would you explain his time travelling abilities?) This would kill two bird with one stone. I also predict the jets will come with Guille from Street Fighter II and Clubber Lang from Rocky 3.

Maybe they'll come with the lost Doctor Who minimates? Its no Tardis but... :P

I hope to get a Doc in his radiation suit with Delorean remote control for the regular version, and for the iced version an Einstein figure