UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Termiator & the jet look pretty good . . . especially the Blackbird repaint (might have to muy myself an air-brush :) ).

I'm also in agreement that the Delorean looks too tall . . . it looks like a little 4x4 dune buggy or something.

Edited by Nessex

I have no frame of reference as to what the robot is supposed to be, and I guess the fake X-Jet is pretty okay... but I don't like the Delorean one bit.

I've always been of he school of thought even though mini-mates where small, simple, and blocky, there weren't "chibi" (or "super-deformed" whatever the current term is), 'cartoony', or 'lego.' So they don't work with "Shake N Go" or "Super Hero Squad" vehicles and playsets and look weird next to building block vehicles/playsets that are made 99% bricks rather then pre-fab slabs like Megablocks sets.

So it kinda goes without saying the both the C3 (good size and scale, but made of blocks) and ther mini-flyers (not made of blocks, but chibi) fail to impress me.

I think a minimate vehicle should look more like this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3532868

same size compared to a minimate a real car would be compared to a real human, just simplified down. (speaking of which, does anyone know how big that $40 "Batmobile-to-Batjet" Brave and the Bold Batmobile actually is, it looks waaay nicer then this one, but it's basically blind boxed and don't want one that looks like Minimate Batman is driving the Bat-Hummer-Limo)

... all that being said though, if a fun Marty variant comes with the Delorean I will probably buy it anyway.

Well, the car still looks silly to me, but that's JMO. The jets, both red and black, is growing on me rapidly. And though I haven't picked up any of the other T2 stuff... Don't those H/K's have AIM attack bot written all over them? (or at least, they will soon enough)

Now if only there was a way to make a generic, four part flying bathtub without Hasbro crying foul life would be perfect.

Well okay, not perfect, but it'd still be cool.

Ditto the motorcycle and dune buggy.

And a generic bat-shaped... um... gremlin glider... that wouldn't violate any liscensing things would it?

Given the overwhelming hate, I'm feeling a bit self-conscious that I actually like the non-frosty Delorian... Sure it'd be nice a little longer, but I guess the BSG releases have acclimatized me to this stumpy style of vehicle. Come on DST, Radiation Suit Doc & Marty FTW :)

Also, wonder what mates we'll get with the non-brand vehicles? Just generic fighter pilots and the like?

Edited by battlecat

Holy Jesus!! Well this was a nice little surprise.

I too wasn't taken on the design of the Delorean, but after seeing the full-picture version from the TNI link, i can deal with it. I actually LIKE the SDs-tyle, and, while it's a still a little too tall, i'm okay with it. I have almost zero interest in the Termi-tank, however. I'm really just getting sick of this license altogether; shocker, i know. I'm glad i have Arnie, i'm very happy with Sara, and i smile at my Endoskeleton army, but not it's just getting old. I want that all-silver TRU Wave 2 T-1000 we were shown way back when, but that's it. These are a little fugly to me. Besides that, i never got the whole "Terminator's used to be giant tanks" thing. :confused:

I LOVE the MAX Jets, though!! God do they look like uber-fun. :) I really need several of those puppies. Maybe a squadron of Reds and a Stealth Black in the center, invisble to radar detection. :P I cannot describe my desire for a "generic genetic-superhuman team" blue and red repaint, as well. ;) LISTENING, MATT??????

And if you are: Ghost. Hellcycle.

I love them!!

My guess is that since these are going to TRU that it is a way of nabbing up more of the younger audience, which means our opinion is not really a major factor in whether they will be produced. I hope they do well enough to get several waves out.

I honestly didn't think the BSG Flyers sold well enough to justify an entire line of vehicles. The evidence at the TRUs near me certainly speaks to the contrary. Anyway, I like the jets. I might grab the others depending on what mates come with them. Might these come with the Security Guard and Battle Beast mate if DST decides to scrap the playset?

Great idea, poor execution IMHO. A bit of compression is fine, but they go entirely too far with the "Super-D" treatment (especially when it comes to cars). I'm quite sure that you'll see an Ecto-? in the line, but I shudder to imagine what it'd look like; I'll just stick with my toyetic-yet-nicely-proportioned Polar Lights model. I'll probably pick-up a Hunter-Killer (please pair it with a Rebel soldier or such...we've plenty Endoskeletons already), but the others do nothing for me personally (though the jet does look to be the best of the bunch). Oh well, if they can find a way to squeeze-in a few more BSG vehicles through this (modern and/or classic) I'll be pleased, otherwise wake me up when they get around to Tron Lightcycles and (huuuuge stretch here) Mad Max/Road Warrior. -_- *snore*

*Oooo! Another "never-gonna-happen" choice...BladeRunner "Spinner". While it seems highly unlikely, it did have a brief cameo in BTTF 2 so I implore all of you BTTF fans to petition for this classic vehicle. :blush:

Edited by cdubya

It does seem from the reaction on here that the M.A.X. Jet is the clear winner of those shown. I guess because it's just a generic jet, and we all have certain ideas and expectations of what the Delorean should look like which the prototypes are not meeting - I agree with those that say it is too tall. I would imagine it's that way to comfortably fit 2 Minimates inside, but it sure looks odd.

That doesn't even look like the Delorean! Looks more like a Jeep or a Humvee Junior.

Still, I want it!

EDIT: Which must make me part of the minority that's actually excited for these. Of course it's easier to stomach if you just pretend the super-deformed Delorean is just some generic Minimate Jeep, albeit a bizarre-looking one. (Just pretend Deadpool was in a Pimp-My-Ride-kinda mood or something :P)

Edited by NorthRaider

Given the overwhelming hate, I'm feeling a bit self-conscious that I actually like the non-frosty Delorian... Sure it'd be nice a little longer, but I guess the BSG releases have acclimatized me to this stumpy style of vehicle. Come on DST, Radiation Suit Doc & Marty FTW :)

Also, wonder what mates we'll get with the non-brand vehicles? Just generic fighter pilots and the like?

I'm with ya. After the BSG miniflyers, I knid of dig the deformed look. I do think the the Delorean could be a little less deformed, but I'll take it. The other two look fine. I am pleased and look forward to what else next year will bring.

The jets are cool. I couldn't care less about the HK or that ugly ass Delorian though. It'll be the figures included in the sets that will sell these, if they're good. Hopefully well see a motorcycle and some other stylized cars we can customize in Batmobiles and such. Im sure Ecto1 is right around the corner but they better get that one right.

Although everyone hates the DeLorean, at least it's a step in the right direction. Now here's hoping for a hoverchair, MODOK, SHIELD Helicarrier and X-Jet :D

I just tried to image how a SHIELD Helicarrier "in perfect scale for two Minimate passengers" would look like... :ermm:

Edited by Bob Harris

As interesting as it is that they are doing these, I am most interested in what minimates they come with. I am a huge BSG fan and liked the miniflyers but I got them mostly to get the minimates that came with them. The Delorian doesn't look as cool as I would like but the other two look cool. I think that they had little tank vehicles with Battle Beasts back int he day so maybe they could use these vehicles lines to launch some BB minimates!