UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the comic book shop minimate vehicles assortment. Here are some pics I took. Enjoy!

First up is the red MAX Tech stealth jet. Sorry to say, but it looks to be the same exact jet as the black version. I had high hopes that the pilot would look different (as he's wearing sunglasses on the package art), but alas, he's no different than his black counterpart. He comes with an extra hairpiece and hands. I believe they're the ones that "accidently" got packed with the TRU BTTF time machine. Really wished DST had done something different instead of just a new paint job.

MAX Tech stealth jet

th_MAXpack.jpg

th_MAXjet1.jpgth_MAXjet2.jpg

Next up is the frosted BTTF time machine (DeLorean). This one comes with highly anticipated Marty McFly in radiation suit. This guy comes equiped a swivel down radiation mask and the first ever minimate camcorder. The time machine is a carbon copy of the TRU release with a fine coating of light blue paint meant to replicate the frosted appearance of the DeLorean after having gone through time.

Mini-Time Machine

th_BFpack.jpg

th_BTTFtm1.jpgth_BTTFtm2.jpg

th_marty1.jpgth_marty2.jpg

Lastly is the amazing battle damaged Hunter Killer tank. I personally held off buying the first release as I was deeply disappointed that the tank came packed with a reissued T-800 endoskeleton. This one however come with the ever cool soldier Kyle Reese (packaging says "resistance soldier"). This little guy comes loaded (I MEAN LOADED) with a ton of cool accessories. He is packed wearing a newly sculpted cap & goggle piece and new body armor. Inside the pack is a bag of accessories including adult John Connor's missing binoculars, a machine gun, a new nightvision goggled helmet and a backpack that holds 3 removable cylindrical explosive devices (as seen in the flashback scene in Terminator). Further inspection of the mate shows Reese's name tag as part of his chest detail. This minimate alone is worth the cost of this vehicle and in my opinion one of the best Terminator related mates to EVER come out of DST.

Hunter Killer Tank

th_HKpack.jpgth_HK1.jpg

th_reese1.jpgth_reese2.jpgth_reese3.jpg

th_reese4.jpgth_reese5.jpgth_reese6.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Sadly my LCS Guy thought he ordered these, but didn't. He said if he gets the chance he certainly will.but i won't hold my breathe. Saves me money, because i want them all.

VERY nice. Loving the red Jet; it's so much morevisually appealing than the Stealth, and i thought i'd like Stealth more. The DeLorean is great, and that Marty is a real treat. I hate to say it, but i think i love the HK the most!! The battle-damaged appearance just seems to do so much more for it than the TRU one, and Reese just sells the entire set. If i see any of them, Kyle will be a must.

WoW im so getting Reese and Marty boath of them are very well done,Reese especially -he is over the top man terminator minimates have so much more potential

Hi everyone,

Strictly speaking, minimates are scaled 1 / 28.8, height-wise. There might be some difference in the girth, but is very minute.

Would you know what scale of die-cast motorcycles would work better for them? I'm stuck with 1:24 and 1:32.

rgds!

• 1 year later...

So....does anyone have pictures of the LCS Series 2 vehicles they care to share? I haven't ordered these yet, and am surprised that they have been pretty much ignored here. :unsure:

I don't know if everyone else is having the same issue as me, but BBTS still has it listed as "preorder", even though it's been out at LCS's a few weeks now!

Does anyone else have issues with long delays for BBTS items going in stock vs preorder after release? I love the "pile of loot" feature otherwise I'd be taking my business elsewhere!

• 1 month later...

So, wave 3 hits around the end of this month and we still don't have a full confirmation on what is included.

Specialty market: Super Pursuit Mode Kitt

Garth with KARR (TRU Only???)

Anne Bonny with pirate ship (TRU Only OR specialty?)

Regular Version KITT (TRU presumably)

(and the APC is wave 4, even though BBTS lists it as wave 3, hence the confusion)

So, is there an even split of 3 specialty variants to 3 unique TRU vehicles? Or is there crossover between the two (KARR maybe?) Is there another Pirate Ship variant besides what was shown on DST's site a few weeks ago?

Zach, can we get a full breakdown of what to expect between specialty and TRU, and if anything is shared between the two with no changes?

We are getting Vehicles Series 3 next week. For specialty shops, Series 3 includes KARR with Garth Knight, Super Pursuit Mode KITT with Michael Knight, and The Vendetta with Undercover Anne Bonny. The APC got pushed back to Series 4 unfortunately. Not sure what TRU is getting.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

A little bit a thread-necro here. Not sure if this is known already, or if it's just by me, but if anyone's TRUs still have the vehicle series 1 stealth jet, they are marked down to 4.48. I picked up 2.

Gah! I just bought one a week or two ago for almost full price (I had a 20% off coupon)

May have to swing by and see if the other one is still there (There were two)