UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since people are already taking about their thoughts for future waves,I think next wave should have:

*For TRU:Biff Tannen and his car{1955}.For comic shops Biff Tannen and his car covered in manure

*Biker T-800 and his motorcycle{yea i know we got a shit load of t-800's but the last one should be with his motorcycle because well biker t-800 and no motorycle,thats just wack{haha i said wack}For comic shops it should be a battle damaged version.{Yea I know amazing idea to make it battle damaged b/c dst never made anything battle damaged before}

*last should be another max thing maybe a helicopter?Decked out with guns and turrets.{comic shop version should be a different paint job.}

Okay, after hitting 3 TRUs, here's how I see things playing out. The Max Jets are almost all gone. There were only 4 that I saw between 3 stores. Next up was the H/K-T which I think I saw 6 of. Last, and most surprisingly was the BTTF set when there were about 10 of. That shocked me a little.

I bought 2 jets. They're amazing. This line is going to be so very cool.

Does anyone know what the #9 sticker for the DeLorean is? It's not listed on the diagram on the back, and I can't figure out where it would look good... :unsure:

if memory serves me (I've seen the BTTF movies hundreds of times), that sticker represents the control panel on the ceiling of the car, between the gulf wing doors on the underside of the roof - I imagine you'd have to take it apart to get it placed correctly, that might be why they dont show it on the diagram.

some reference photos

http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploa...6/05/btfJPG.JPG

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1029/delorean054mn.jpg

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//80/4/80...662d3d105c9.jpg

either on the ceiling, or behind the seats? that's my guess. if anyone has a better idea, please post.

if memory serves me (I've seen the BTTF movies hundreds of times), that sticker represents the control panel on the ceiling of the car, between the gulf wing doors on the underside of the roof - I imagine you'd have to take it apart to get it placed correctly, that might be why they dont show it on the diagram.

some reference photos

http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploa...6/05/btfJPG.JPG

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1029/delorean054mn.jpg

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//80/4/80...662d3d105c9.jpg

either on the ceiling, or behind the seats? that's my guess. if anyone has a better idea, please post.

Yup you are correct. It actually does say that on the sticker diagram, "Decal #9 can be placed on the inside of the car roof." Only problem with that is there is a screw port sticking out between the doors on the roof where it should go so if you put it there it won't be flat at all. I kinda cheated and put it on the top inside section of the door since that was about as close as I could get to where it should go without trying to modify where the screw is.

gulf wing doors

I hate to be nit-picky (okay, I actually love it), but they're "gull wing" doors. As in seagull.

See the resemblance?

post-1173-1282190740_thumb.jpgpost-1173-1282190801_thumb.jpg

Also, I should mention that at the two TRUs closest to me, one has sold a whole case of these and the other has sold one full set. I'd call that a "so far, so good" situation, wouldn't you?

Edited by God Magnus

Yup you are correct. It actually does say that on the sticker diagram, "Decal #9 can be placed on the inside of the car roof." Only problem with that is there is a screw port sticking out between the doors on the roof where it should go so if you put it there it won't be flat at all. I kinda cheated and put it on the top inside section of the door since that was about as close as I could get to where it should go without trying to modify where the screw is.

yeah I didnt notice that when I posted yesterday, but I was looking at it again last night and saw the comment on the decal sheet about #9 - I think you had a good idea about putting it on the top inside section of the door.

and "gulf wing" was a typo, I know its gull-wing. my mistake.

Edited by minijoeshmo

Hit the south TRU here in beautiful Austin, Texas last night looking for LEGO minifigs. No luck there, but was delighted to find the uniform Rhodes and Mk VI Iron Man as well as the MAX Jet. There were two of them on the shelves (one of which I purchased). No sign at all of Delorans or HKs.

gulf wing doors

I hate to be nit-picky (okay, I actually love it), but they're "gull wing" doors. As in seagull.

See the resemblance?

post-1173-1282190740_thumb.jpgpost-1173-1282190801_thumb.jpg

As I mentioned before I've actually driven one of the real things & those doors are not quite the ticket. I remember that the guy who owned it loved it but had deep reservations about how safe, in general ,the car was & how the hell you'd get out of it if you specifically rolled it over & couldn't open the doors. I guess he didn't know what I've actually just found out googling 'Gull Wings'........the car apparently had a specially designed feature....a windscreen (windshield) that kicked out in the eventuality of a roll-over.

Think about that for a minute or two ....like I did....& just marvel at that logic !!! :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Did the kick-out windshield also work if you got stuck between two cars in a parking lot?

Common misconception ;) Although are 'deformed delight delorean' suggests otherwise 'gull wings' are actually advantageous in parking lots....less space is needed than conventional doors.

Unfortunately the problems begin when the vehicles are in an environment where there is low ceiling space. I'm not sure about the US but UK multi-storey car parks would be no-go areas.......you could go there I guess but.....er...you wouldn't be going anywhere.

Built in Ireland.

Still nothing at my TRU. I was really hoping (since Thursdays are normal shipment days) that I would be able to get myself a Delorean and a MAX jet today. Oh well here's hoping for next week.

Anyone else have any luck in Utah yet? I'll be heading to the Sugarhouse TRU in about an hour, on my lunch break to see if I can find a BTTF & a Jet.

-Vox