UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the eventual launch of the Pirates line doesn't hinge on how well the Delorean, Hunter tank, and Jet sell. I'm not too interested in any of them, and I hate feeling like I have to buy these to get a shot at the Pirates later.

Based on Chuck's comments on Pirates, it sounds like the mystery retailer (coughTRUcough) might be taking a wait-and-see approach before supporting the non-licensed Minimate lines...

Edited by Lobsterman

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI (for anyone who's been waiting to pre-order these) that the mini-vehicles are part of TRU's T2 Buy 1 Get 1 Free promo right now (you can find them here). The problem is it ends today and it only works for one item, but with their free shipping promo for order over $49, if you're already ordering it's a good price toget 2 for $11.99.

• 4 weeks later...

I really never thought we'd see these but I'm pleased we have. Marty may well have a new pair of sneakers but looks just like BTTF1 Marty & the Endoskeleton looks like every other Endoskeleton.

Interesting to see the double fuselage on the jet which makes this the first to be addable (?).

oh man.... :( what happened to radioactive suit Marty?

These are the TRU releases. The comic shop releases are different, and the Frozen Time Machine should still come with Radiation Suit Marty... I hope...

I think these look much better in the package than the promo pictures we saw a few months ago!

They really look great, but it looks like LCS's get the short end of the stick again. Other than the jet, I think side-by-side the TRU versions look cooler. The jets are probably the same. But overall, TRU will probably have them sooner, cheaper and stocked more leaving LCS's with leftover stock. At least that's my opinion (and I hope I'm wrong).

They really look great, but it looks like LCS's get the short end of the stick again. Other than the jet, I think side-by-side the TRU versions look cooler. The jets are probably the same. But overall, TRU will probably have them sooner, cheaper and stocked more leaving LCS's with leftover stock. At least that's my opinion (and I hope I'm wrong).

and for that reason I feel bad for my LCS....

these look so much better than the prototype pics, and I'm really quite excited about the MAX stuff now. The thing is... i've not really any interest in these particular vehicles at all, so the rest of you, make sure you go out and buy loads, to make sure we actually see the Cop/SWAT, Fire fighters, etc.... perhaps, PERHAPS... even ECTO-1 eventually

All I wanted was for normal marty to come with the LCS,was that too hard DST?Well at least the radiation suit comes with a video camera.And like BHM,I didn't think they would come out,because first they get delayed and then before today the 13th,they never had no in package pictures,and these are coming out on the 28th so I was thinking"15 days no pics,They will probbaly get delayed"Hopefully soon we will see some pictures of the LCS ones.{I am guessing at comic con.}

As for sales,I think all of they will do just fine,Well hopefully fine enough to release a 2nd wave and for the max line to be released and for the pirate ship's to be released.....Everybody buy 15 of each!

:huh::mellow: Who is gonna come with the bttf 3 delorean that chuck said will come out?Hmmmm let me guess,Clint Eastwood?

I wonder why they chose BTTF Part II, specifically, for the logo? Is there some scene in that one where Marty steps in yellow paint?

I'm a bit annoyed that we don't get Doc in the white rad suit, but mostly happy these are actually making it to release. And I'll grumpily acknowledge that that Marty will likely be a draw for people who missed the first box set.

I think a bigger draw for the BTTF ones would have been Doc and Marty in regular outfits with parts to make the radiation suits. I know budgets were probably tight on these, but that would've been nice. Hopefully, we'll see a BTTF II version sometime with Doc.

I hope the BTTF cars do well.. and we get one more version of the car from BTTF2.. I'd love to see Mr.Fusion on the back and fold under wheels. These do look great in the packaging.. I will get one of everything.. except the T2 stuff..

The black jet is X-Men enough for me.. and the red can be my new Quinjet.

As for the Delorean.. I am thinking of so many scenes to recreate for display.. it's going to be hard to leave it on just one set up. I'd love to prop it in the air with a little string hanging off of it with multi-colored real estate flags.. Doc hanging out the side and Marty below..

One more thing.. I have never been able to find a place to buy the BTTF2 4-pack with yellow coat doc and future shoes/jacket Marty. Anyone have any leads on this?