UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

This is a great looking TRU wave. I am really excited for the Mr. Fantastic and WWH set! I love having new minimates to anticipate. . . . (well at least until my impatience wins over). I was just thinking today how my TRU has been sadly empty of minimates lately so I am happy that these should be showing up in the not to distant future!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the Planet Hulk wikipedia entry, I see lots of potentially awesome Minimates. Long-time Hulk-related characters like Doc Samson and Rick Jones, characters who could use updates (IMO) like Iron Fist and Juggernaut, and as-yet-unreleased characters like Hulkbuster Armor Iron Man (though apparently not controlled by Stark) and Dum Dum Dugan.

Hmmm, Hulkbuster Iron Man, the new Rick Jones Abomination, the new Red She-Hulk, a new Bruce Banner, Doc Samson, Fantastic Four She-Hulk (maybe with updated Invisible Woman)...

There's a lot more characters you could use to make a Hulk-themed wave than I realized. Imagine if the army-builder was a special "Hulkbuster" SHIELD agent...

Edited by boyd

I'm kind of sad we can't see Klaw's claw. I thought we would get a peek on the back of the box. Oh the mystery! And I always thought WWH Hulk would be paired up with the Silver Savage version of the Silver Surfer. A bit disappointed with the battle damaged Reed due to that, but the attachments might win me over. The Cap/Wolvie seems like a sort of reissue that lures in the completists.

Hopefully it's an even packed wave. I too am liking the 4 sets instead of the 5 sets per box assortment. Makes things a little more manageable. Though GB Best of Wave case ratio of 4:4:2:2 has me wondering if that might happen here too...

And I'm guessing these come out in March. We got them coming in Sept with wave 4, Dec with wave 5, March seems likely if it continues with the 3 month shelf lifespan. The statistics for the online stock of the wave 5 seems likely to me that wave 6 may be online too (as long as people buy some more Spidey packs. Here's the current stock:

9x Iron Man/Titanium Man

2x Cap Marvel/Black Bolt

22x Spider-Man/Scorpion)

Overall, not greatly excited, but still excited for this wave. :)

There's a lot more characters you could use to make a Hulk-themed wave than I realized. Imagine if the army-builder was a special "Hulkbuster" SHIELD agent...

If it's a Hulk themed wave and not a Planet Hulk/ World War Hulk, then the Leader's bright pink humanoid minions get my vote for army-builder.

But since every single other TRU exclusive tied into a boxed set or themed wave in other places, it's pretty much a lock that something FF or Hulk centric is going to be announced at Toy Fair.

(hoping I make sense today, drugs for this sinus infection have me feeling very... off)

Wow indeed! Super looking TRU wave! I'm totally stoked about the Klaw mate. I hope DST/AA nail his sonic "claw" accessory. The new Cap is also a treat as he has a brighter looking blue uniform. It's not as pale looking as the one from the Invaders pack. "Stretch attack" Mr Fantastic is the real gem in this wave for me. Like the rest of you, I'm dying to see what "stretched" body accessory he's been given. Perhaps if a non BD version of Reed is in the works for a future release, he might come with a diffrent stretched accessory that can be combined with the TRU one to make one crazy looking Mr. Fantastic. Fingers crossed! :blush:

Interesting new wave. Klaw better come with his weapon or some funky energy attachment because if not, he's gonna be a pretty bland minimate. Cool though. And a little off topic, but I haven't even seen the Secret Wars box set at my Toys R Us let alone X-Factor Angel and Warpath. Wonder how hard these are gonna be to get?

I haven't even seen the Secret Wars box set at my Toys R Us let alone X-Factor Angel and Warpath. Wonder how hard these are gonna be to get?

No! You haven't seen an Angle/Warpath set? Really?! Those are so easy to find. They're shelf warmers. I hear in the UK they're so common that they're used in place of heating oil. (See? I can learn stuff.)

Sarcasm aside, drop me a line and I'll hook you up with a Secret Wars set, mate. :blush:

So the two "must-haves" for me (Reed & Storm) are the TRU exclusives. Great. I hope they come at least 2 per case this time. Is that confirmed for this wave yet?

Overall a nice looking wave. Hopefully TRU will start upping their Minimate orders. My store usually gets less than five cases of each wave (not all at once), so it's pretty hit or miss in finding them.

...and still no Secret Wars set.

So the two "must-haves" for me (Reed & Storm) are the TRU exclusives. Great. I hope they come at least 2 per case this time. Is that confirmed for this wave yet?

Overall a nice looking wave. Hopefully TRU will start upping their Minimate orders. My store usually gets less than five cases of each wave (not all at once), so it's pretty hit or miss in finding them.

Wave 6 was SUPPOSED to be the first Wave to have NO 1-per-case packs.

And the first was Wave 5. ;) That and the one repeat-pack should mean 0 one-pers and hopefully ALL 3-pers. :)

I'll be getting all of them except for the Reed/Planet Hulk pack. As much as I want new Fantastic Four 'mates (I don't have any), I don't really care for battle-damage characters. So unless Reed's accessories doesn't have battle damage on them, that's a pass for me.

I'm getting the Cap/Wolvie pack for Cap. I haven't bought him yet (Yeah, yeah I know. I've been thinking of getting either the Heroes pack or the Invaders pack until I saw this.) and wanted the classic version of the character. He looks great!

Thor/Loki will be for Thor's helmet, hammer and head while the Storm/Klaw pack will be for Klaw obviously. (I'm satisfied with the 90s Storm even though I've always found the punk look to be cool)

...Anyone else notice that one of Wolverine's shoulder pads is backwards in the packaging photo along with his head facing the wrong way? :P

Edited by Brad Redfield

Wave 6 was SUPPOSED to be the first Wave to have NO 1-per-case packs.

And the first was Wave 5. ;) That and the one repeat-pack should mean 0 one-pers and hopefully ALL 3-pers. :)

I doubt it's equally packed. Wave 5 was 4 Iron Man, 4 Spider-man, 2 Silver Surfer, and 2 Senior Citizens so if that is the new packing ratio it will be 4 Cap, 4 Thor, 2 Hulk, 2 Storm

I'm not a fan of battle damaged versions, but that Mr. Excitement might actually look fantastic! I mean, it all depends on that little blue plastic thingy. But with all the incredible Ghostbuster things happened and the T1000 stuff, we might get some awesome parts. WWHulk looks kind of cool, but in the end, he might be one more pick for the worst mate of next years poll, since DST hardly does a good job on him with all those ducky feet and bulky chests. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully. ;)

Klaw better come with his weapon or some funky energy attachment because if not, he's gonna be a pretty bland minimate.

Ironic that the mate who demands a unique weapon hand is the mate who you can't see his hands in any of the back or side package shots. >sigh< Hopefully it's a worse case secenario that we wait for Toy Fair for out of package shots. Personally I'm suddenly feeling greedy and hoping for his sonic claw prosthetic and some funky energy thing. :woot:

Maybe I missed the edit, but I'm not seeing Lady Lori anywhere. Little help?

In the write-up, DSTEsti mentioned "Lady Lori" as one of the favorites. Clearly a typo, but for some reason it got a few people worked up.

I hope the "synergy" is with the FF. They are LOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue for an update. And they have a slew of related villains and enemies to chose from that would look great in Minimate form. Mole Man and Moloids make sense. I would love to see Ronan the Accuser, Annihilus, or Dragon Man as well.

shit, yeah! mole man is long overdue, in my humble opinion... and any sort of all fantastic four wave would be super-sweet. it would be very interesting to see how dst handles the unique sculpted parts for an annihulus 'mate in particular...

my only real gripe is that it looks like storm is gonna have a drawn-on vest instead of a sculpted one. still, though: overall it's a great, great toysRus wave!

Looking at the Planet Hulk wikipedia entry, I see lots of potentially awesome Minimates. Long-time Hulk-related characters like Doc Samson and Rick Jones, characters who could use updates (IMO) like Iron Fist and Juggernaut, and as-yet-unreleased characters like Hulkbuster Armor Iron Man (though apparently not controlled by Stark) and Dum Dum Dugan.

Hmmm, Hulkbuster Iron Man, the new Rick Jones Abomination, the new Red She-Hulk, a new Bruce Banner, Doc Samson, Fantastic Four She-Hulk (maybe with updated Invisible Woman)...

man, i have my fingers crossed for a doc sampson 'mate sometime soon. sheesh, it would be a very easy re-paint, honestly... so i'm still a bit baffled that dst hasn't made one a long time ago.

and hulkbuster iron man would be one hell of a good 'mate...

the new Red She-Hulk

I'm a bit rusty on my calculus skills, but I'm fairly certain that this second derivative solution (f''(Hulk)= Red She-Hulk) could be critical in discovering some formula to determine Marvel's next bad idea.

my only real gripe is that it looks like storm is gonna have a drawn-on vest instead of a sculpted one. still, though: overall it's a great, great toysRus wave!

I think a sculpted vest would make her look too bulky, so I actually prefer the drawn-on look.

I think a sculpted vest would make her look too bulky, so I actually prefer the drawn-on look.

You guys are forgetting the more obvious question: If Mohawk Storm ever gets a sculpted vest, then what goes underneath? :blink:

(Just kidding... judging from the old concept art a regular black tube top or bandeau decal on the chest block would've sufficed in tandem with a slipover vest piece.)

Looking back at the poll and the control art, I think we made off like bandits with this whole Secret Wars thing. We now have Beyonder, Captain Marvel, Storm, Dr. Doom, Molecule Man, Spider-Man, and Spider-Woman from the poll, and we get Klaw too.

I don't care if we get the energy variants for Beyonder and Captain Marvel, and there's still a good chance that we see Ben Grimm later in the line. Props to DST!

You know, I really do not think the FF needs an update. Sure, they could use more villains. Who couldn't? But they aren't even remotely out of date and work just fine. What are you going to do, give them slightly new tampos? between the ones in the wave and the SDCC set, I think they're covered fairly well and are up do date. It's not like we're dealing with wave 3 here, people.

To be honest I wouldn't mind some new FF mates. I do have the originals and the FF boxset but checking back on the MMDB they are coming up to 5 years since the Wave 8 release. I'm sure the FF go through quite alot of costume changes, Isn't their latest one short sleeved?

I agree with Turtle, the slip on vest would add too much bulk. Do hope they include the new lighting effects though. And a flight stand. Actually they could pass on the lighting and just include the stand.

Red She-Hulk... personal jury is out. The character itself is a giant eye-rollingly bad idea. But the "Intelligencia" idea, and they're goal really intrigue me, and the fact that both Rulks are somehow a part of that actually elevates both characters IMO. (For those of you not reading the Hulk books, the Intelligencia are a group of second tier Marvel evil geniuses, and they have a plan. I can do a longer writeup on them, but that would probably need it's own tread.)

And I for one would still love it if they found a way to make energy form Captain Monica.

Edited by Mirymate

I disagree for Reed and Sue. True, Thing and Torch are fine, but Reed and Sue have a Kirby-esque quality to them. I'd like see new versions, and new hair for both. The black and white costumes would be fine, especially since they could do She-Hulk as well.