UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as the guy who's feels like he's been campaigning for Klaw since the ballot for voting on the SW set was announced, I am Thrilled to see someone at AA/DST agreed he'd make a great mate. Okay, maybe grumbling and borderline whining are better word choices there, but you get the idea. There is now officially hope for the long roster of non-Spidey jobber villains to see minimate form.

And a beat up Reed. Left field choice, but maybe they are going to do some kind of Planet Hulk/WW Hulk boxed set this spring to coincide with the release of the Planet Hulk animated DVD.

Thor/Loki are a good choice for a TRU release, certainly better than Menace/Anti-Venom.

The beatdown Wolvie/Cap is another surprise. I wonder if this is a straight pull from wave 36, or maybe, like XF Wolverine and the Guardsman, a recombo pack. <bad german accent> Veeery Interestink!</bad german accent>

But really, the point is... we're getting Klaw!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Now please, please, please, please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease put these one the TRU website!!!!

Well, as the guy who's feels like he's been campaigning for Klaw since the ballot for voting on the SW set was announced, I am Thrilled to see someone at AA/DST agreed he'd make a great mate. Okay, maybe grumbling and borderline whining are better word choices there, but you get the idea. There is now officially hope for the long roster of non-Spidey jobber villains to see minimate form.

And a beat up Reed. Left field choice, but maybe they are going to do some kind of Planet Hulk/WW Hulk boxed set this spring to coincide with the release of the Planet Hulk animated DVD.

Thor/Loki are a good choice for a TRU release, certainly better than Menace/Anti-Venom.

The beatdown Wolvie/Cap is another surprise. I wonder if this is a straight pull from wave 36, or maybe, like XF Wolverine and the Guardsman, a recombo pack. <bad german accent> Veeery Interestink!</bad german accent>

But really, the point is... we're getting Klaw!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Now please, please, please, please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease put these one the TRU website!!!!

My first thought when I did not see a TRU exclusive sticker was that the Battle Damaged Wolverine/ Captain America was going to be in Wave 36. (Hopefully based around a Fantastic Four re-do w/ Moleman & Moloid Army Builders/ fingers crossed)

I must admit the last few waves I've been "cherry picking" but it looks like DST has pulled me back in. Klaw, Mohawk Storm, Thor and Loki, WW Hulk! FTW! Cant wait to get this wave (especially WW Hulk). My only gripe is battle Damaged Reed. I would rather have a Byrne era FF without the damage. Are the rest of the team (which we will surly get) be battle damaged too?

Are the rest of the team (which we will surly get) be battle damaged too?

My guess is it's to fit in with the WWH theme of the package. And I don't think we can pass judgment on Reed yet until we see whatever base-type thing is packed in with him. I never understand when DST releases packaged pics of stuff without showing them out of package also.

Are the rest of the team (which we will surly get) be battle damaged too?

My guess is it's to fit in with the WWH theme of the package. And I don't think we can pass judgment on Reed yet until we see whatever base-type thing is packed in with him. I never understand when DST releases packaged pics of stuff without showing them out of package also.

To rub it in that much more? ^.^

Flipping through WWH, you see Reed get punched by Hulk in the stomach which makes his body and limbs stretch out and flatten like a deflated balloon. You then see him captured and kind of kneeling on the floor, tied up with his own stretched out limbs. You see him with his arms stretched out to fight, like the original mate. And finally you see him in the arena, puffed up to Hulk size (he looks more inflated than muscled) with one of those spikey mace things.

So maybe the mystery accessory is for one of those looks.

Edited by battlecat

Oh, this has me excited! Glad to see another battle-damaged figure, but he doesn't seem too beat up, for being Wolverine. I mean, he has been put through a ton of beatings, and this representation looks like a Tuesday morning. I guess I would of expected a well-torn mask maybe. My only other complaint is the fact that this is yet another armyless wave. I'm sick of most of my armies being duos. Otherwise, thanks AA for Klaw, Mohawk Storm, WWHulk, and Stretchy Reed!!!

I am pumped for Klaw. A good classic villain is always acceptable. Storm, Reed and Hulk are also great variants. I can live without the Wolverine and Cap, but I'll still pick them up. Wolverine especially looks to have a detailed and well thought out tampo. Also, if you look closely at Hulk's bubble on the packaged Reed/Hulk set, you can see something blue poking it. Reed's stretch attachment, perhaps?

Cap? Yes

Thor? Yes

WWH Hulk? Why not.

TRU Wave 6? Awesome.

Not to mention no more 1 per case figures.

I agree on the no more 1 per case issue. First I was a bit disappointed that the wave had only 4 2 packs vs. the usual 5, but as the MMHQ article mentions that should mean there are 3 sets per case. That would be great if it turns out to be the case!

I love the mystery of the attachments with Mr Fantastic it excites me even more

DAYUUUM. :buttrock: This is so left field an so fantastic!!!

Storm/Klaw: i'll admit it; Mohawk Storm isn't my cup o tea. I grew up with the Jim Lee/Animated suit, and this is really different. Great Mate, regardless. Klaw is inredible though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was really gunning for Rogue or She-Hulk, but this is so much better!!! I love the character's cheesiness an the silly Dish-claw; he's like the Killer Moth of Marvel. :lol: Really want him.

Reed/WWH Hulk: OMFG NEW FANTASTIC FOUR!!!!!!!!! Thank you DST!!!!! Check the wishlist threads; i've been itching for a new set of the good ole First Family, and BD Reed looks great. I'm willing to bet he'll have:

a. "Looooong" Torso block attachment

b. New "Pulverizer" fist

c. Old, yet awesome, stretchy-arms

Hulk isn't for me; i'm sorry, i just don't like himas a character. Banner?? Hell yes, i love Banner!!! But Hulk..."meh" Neat design for him, and packing with Reed makes sense, but he'll be the downfall of the set for me.

BD Wolverine/Cap: WOW. Our "first" BD Wolvie; Movie isn't comic. This is a Wolvie i actually like!! He'll look great on the Jim Lee X-men shelf, and i can't wait for him. I love the Cap, too. I was really disappointed with the mask on Heroes Cap, and he SHOULD have been the iconic one. It looks like this one has fixed that problem, so we may be getting te "best Cap ever." :)

I like the shortening to 4 packs instead of5; never felt like a real "wave" to me with 5 packs, 3 old and 2 new. Makes more sense and clogs less shelves. And if this "more exclusives" is the new quota, then i love DST; this is what TRU should be getting, stead of repacks. Sure, CERTAIN packs sell, but when you unload all your Spidey and Wolverine packs at TRU they don't move AT ALL. Only New Charcters move, so this is brilliant.

And....COME ON. "Lady LORI?!?!?!" REALLY?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Chuck likes to mention the 'synergy' between the TRU and the specialty lines. I'm curious what guesses can be made based on this wave. Talk of World War Hulk makes sense. Any other tie-ins?

Maybe I missed the edit, but I'm not seeing Lady Lori anywhere. Little help?

Side note, it's good to see Esti is still at DST designing packaging. :)

Edited by Ivan

Chuck likes to mention the 'synergy' between the TRU and the specialty lines. I'm curious what guesses can be made based on this wave. Talk of World War Hulk makes sense. Any other tie-ins?

Though not tied to a movie or cartoon release, an updated, non-BD Fantastic Four box set would make all the sense in the world to me. Old enough that many collectors won't have the originals; iconic, popular characters worthy of updates; the 4-per-set factor suits them better than probably any other set thus far.

And who's to say that WW Hulk won't be part of a "through the Ages"-type set, as well as being a TRU release?

Edited by karamazov80

Maybe I missed the edit, but I'm not seeing Lady Lori anywhere. Little help?

In the write-up, DSTEsti mentioned "Lady Lori" as one of the favorites. Clearly a typo, but for some reason it got a few people worked up.

I hope the "synergy" is with the FF. They are LOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue for an update. And they have a slew of related villains and enemies to chose from that would look great in Minimate form. Mole Man and Moloids make sense. I would love to see Ronan the Accuser, Annihilus, or Dragon Man as well.

Edited by Turtle

Side note, it's good to see Esti is still at DST designing packaging. :)

Klaw / Storm - Secret Wars tie-in, also paving the way for future Dazzler release (she's mentioned in the character bio for Klaw! It's a sign!)

BD Wolverine / Cap - No idea. Tying into the recent "Rebirth" series? Both have movies in development? Cap was an easy reissue due to popularity and the low distribution of the Heroes box set? No better place to dump a BD Wolverine?

Mr. Fantastic - We've been getting a lot of the Illuminati lately (Black Bolt, Extremis Iron Man) - maybe a Professor X in hover chair (which would also work with the 90's X-Men kick they've been on). Could also mean updated F4 characters are on the way (translucent Johnny Storm?)

WW Hulk - In my Fantasy Minimate box set league, I had this guy down as part of a Hulk Through the Ages set. That's still possible (would help recoup the costs for all the new pieces on Hulk). It's also possible we could see a Planet Hulk / Savage Surfer two-pack coming in the future.

EDIT: I agree with karamazov80 on possible WW Hulk re-use.

Edited by boyd

Looking at the Planet Hulk wikipedia entry, I see lots of potentially awesome Minimates. Long-time Hulk-related characters like Doc Samson and Rick Jones, characters who could use updates (IMO) like Iron Fist and Juggernaut, and as-yet-unreleased characters like Hulkbuster Armor Iron Man (though apparently not controlled by Stark) and Dum Dum Dugan.