UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

No new minimates but I did get a couple of the iron man 2 mega blocks sets and an awesome Phineas and Ferb 4 pack for my oldest.

I saw the 4-pack, but I got 2 of the 2-packs. Would have gotten 3, but they didn't have the one with Candace. Oh, and I got the minimates, but I the Phineas and Ferb sets actually caught me off guard and were an awesome surprise!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new minimates but I did get a couple of the iron man 2 mega blocks sets and an awesome Phineas and Ferb 4 pack for my oldest.

I saw the 4-pack, but I got 2 of the 2-packs. Would have gotten 3, but they didn't have the one with Candace. Oh, and I got the minimates, but I the Phineas and Ferb sets actually caught me off guard and were an awesome surprise!

I didn't see any 2 packs. It's possible I could have overlooked them. If there is one with Candace it's not even on eBay.

Edited by minimadman

I didn't see any 2 packs. It's possible I could have overlooked them. If there is one with Candace it's not even on eBay.

At my store, the 2-packs were hanging below the 4-packs. The 2-packs were: Dr. D and Perry (with a cannon or some such), P&F on a big skateboard (with helmets), P&F in beach attire on a surfboard, and the back of the card showed Candace and Phineas with a guitar.

And so my post is not COMPLETELY off topic, the case ration is once again confirmed, and the BD Wolvie/Cap pack is a pass (but may a "sleeper" if it doesn't get released elsewhere.

Well darn it.

My nice relatively new camera absolutely refuses to take in focus action figure pictures. It just flat refuses to focus.

Ah well.

I was trying to take shots of the differences between the Reeds. In th pictures you can't see, the newer Reed's costume is a deeper blue than the old one. (in this case, the one from the Reed / Johnny 2 pack) Which means that just putting old Reed's arms on new Reed doesn't look quiet right regardless of the glove issue. Swap them at the shoulder if you like, they still don't quiet match. I mean, it's not horrible, but it's noticeable to the OCD challenged among us. Battle damage not withstanding, the chest is much more detailed on the new one, and I have to say I like it a lot. The suit appears to be less than skin tight, which is how Kirby and later Byrne usually drew the bookish Reed. All in all, this Mr. F really leaves me wanting new versions of all the FF in either their original or black/white costumes.

And standing them next to each other, I've really got to break down and run down a Gamma Hulk and make a proper classic Radioactive Man to go with Klaw. The yellow pants kinda ruin the vibe.

If I can find my old camera, I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.

WHAT?!?!!?! can someone send me links or pics of these awesome sounding things, please! I love this show, and uh yea my kids to too lol

ontopic before Tim kicks my ass...thanks for all the pics so far cant wait to see more!

Jeff of the Miniacs

my question. Why do you guys not buy the thor/loki until later? do you have full sets on order, or get them cheaper ? honest question I have wondered about, and one that is now driving me crazy, lol, since it is the onlky set I really want to get, or see :P

my question. Why do you guys not buy the thor/loki until later? do you have full sets on order, or get them cheaper ? honest question I have wondered about, and one that is now driving me crazy, lol, since it is the onlky set I really want to get, or see :P

Thor and Loki are in series 33, so if you have the set on order or plan on buying as a set, its cheaper than getting it without that pack in it.

I actually find it sort of a bittersweet decision whenever DST decides to release a pack from an upcoming LCS wave at TRU. It kinda ends up diminishing the overall anticipation for those mates IMO, like what happened with Ultimate Iron Man/Hulk.

I know DST had already made a much-appreciated effort to tweak the TRU Marvel case ratios before, but personally I believe it would be better all around if they made one of the TRU-exclusive sets a "common" while shortpacking the also-LCS set. For example one case of this wave would've contained:

4 Mr Fantastic/World War Hulk packs

4 BD Wolverine/Captain America packs

2 Storm/Klaw packs

2 Thor/Loki packs

A case ratio like this one would've killed two birds with one stone: at least one of the TRU exclusives isn't sooper-mega-rare scalper fodder anymore, and the LCS-common pack isn't a pegwarmer that causes TRU Marvel Minimate sales to lag. (Added bonus: anyone who missed out on Thor/Loki at TRU might end up buying it at an LCS, where they will also see the rest of the Wave 33 'mates. Voila, crossover demographic!)

Of course, this is just my own idealized opinion. I figured DST needed to make Thor/Loki a TRU common so as not to contend with irregular production numbers or something.

(Holy carp, there are 146 people reading this thread right now! :blink:)

ok here you go:

P1030253.jpg

thor and loki

P1030254.jpg

thor and thor

Thank you for the picts,that is a beautiful 2-pack! I really like the gold shining on loki, didn't expect that at all. and nice to see angel asleep on the job of guarding your wallet :D ....I would love to see the head/helmet/hammer swapped onto OG Thor now that Dr. K mentioned it, ;)

Thor and Loki are in series 33, so if you have the set on order or plan on buying as a set, its cheaper than getting it without that pack in it.

That's what I figured, I can never wait...and I guess I am spoiled because my LCS puts a set aside for me to pick and choose what I want.

Edited by Nervous

Dazzler/Longshot 2-pack. Forget Kang, our collective complaining/hassling efforts should be focused squarely on this goal, I say.

Seconded.

Dazzler/Longshot 2-pack. Forget Kang, our collective complaining/hassling efforts should be focused squarely on this goal, I say.

I say we make it a four pack with Mojo and Spiral. Either or both of them would make some cool minimates! B)

Double seconded. . .

@ Serge-Havok: That's the Dazzler I want, too. She'd look good w/the other X-Men. I think most people want the cheesy disco outfit, though.

I definitely want both!

i CAN NOT get excited anough about the possibility of new X-Men Characters. Especially old school characters! Dazzler, Longshot, Euro-Psylocke (yeah - i know she's already been done once), etc . . .

Edited by Nessex

WHAT?!?!!?! can someone send me links or pics of these awesome sounding things, please! I love this show, and uh yea my kids to too lol

ontopic before Tim kicks my ass...thanks for all the pics so far cant wait to see more!

Jeff of the Miniacs

One pic and then back on topic.

post-955-1267763948_thumb.jpg

I like the new Thor. My TRU can not get these fast enough.

I found em at the store here in the roseville,ca area. I picked up Thor/Loki and Klaw/Storm. I really like the Storm and had been looking forward to getting her,but I was kinda not very interested in Klaw til i took him out and looked at him :)

The Loki is great too,but I don't like Thor's new chest/cape piece.It's too bulky and makes him look like the old Kingpin minimate. I hafta say the Ultimate Thor is my favorite :P

Well - for me, it's more about supporting the people who i've been buying MiniMates of previously.

I'm loving the TRU deal; i'm really glad to see new exclusive characters released through them who may not ordinarily make it into a normal wave, but i don't wanna see this deal responsible for running MiniMates out of the smaller shops.

So anything that comes out in a normal wave, i'd rather see my money for them go towards Lukes or my LCS.

does anyone have any sku's or pick codes for the new sets so i can call around to the toys r us's in my area?

The item number for the Marvel wave is 113214. I have that number ingrained in my brain since it is reused for all normal TRU Marvel waves. Movie waves are different, though.

I am in the camp of generally buying only TRU exclusive figures and not repacks, unless there's some difference that makes me want to buy the repack or if I want multiples of a certain figure. I have my own rules on this but I will continue to support the LCS and other retailers who support the main line. Heck, I still regret buying the Spidey Wave (Shocker, Kraven, Cosmic Spidey) at TRU before my LCS got them.