UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, did noone have the money to afford the Klaw/Storm pack yet? :P

Oddly enough Moe crossed my mind upon seeing that Hulk mate too. The worst part here is that since we got Hulk and Skaar, I now want a never-gonna-happen Minimate of Caiera to complete the family :(

Close but no cigar.

Caiera.PNG

Caiera Oldstrong, warrior of Sakaar who was crazy enough to knock boots with the Hulk and yield Skaar. :blink:

But then I remember that this falls under that umbrella of modern-day Marvel asshattery you don't abide by much, karamazov :lol:

Edited by NorthRaider

Is the hair sculpted on The Hulk?

Nope, it's an actual hairpiece. I found these today in Independence, Missouri (along with GB S.3...minus Tony Scoleri). While I initially had no interest in Planet Hulk and only picked this up for the sweet new Mr. Fantastic, I must admit that this is a really well done 'mate though I agree with the previous post that he looks better with the "duck feet" (can't believe I just said that!) and without the torso extension (this makes his arms seem like a tiny T-Rex's!). Reed's coloring is similar enough to the original to trade parts despite the slight difference in sheen of painted arms versus molded...really nice 'mate that has me thinking (or at least hoping) that we see some new updated F4 on the horizon. Now which villain could have sliced-up poor Reed like this...HMMM? I was most excited about Klaw, but honestly he's a bit boring (though it's no fault of execution). I'm still thrilled to add him to my villain roster! Storm is really well executed and will please those who have waited, but I personally hated that look for her and only have her to acquire Klaw, so...meh. Wolvy and Cap? Well, what can one say about rehashes like these other than they look as good as the previous (only Wolvy's got some cuts). Thor and the "Lok-ette" will be coming later, so I had to pass...but they did look very good! All-n-all some nice 'mates.

Thanks for the pictures. I like the expression on Cap's face but I don't like the hair piece. I think that they got it right with the Ult. Cap hair piece. As I have discussed with someone (GH?) that hair piece looks like it would be better suited for Clint Barton than Cap.

I was speculating about the mysterious blue plastic part coming with Reed and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I was hoping for some cool arm extensions or something like that, but that stand looks very cool! I don't really like Hulk, but that's nothing new. Duck feet are one (stupid) thing, but that "raiser" gives him the weirdest proportions: arms too short and thin, hips way to thight. Nice try, DST, but I guess it will take a few more waves until we'll get a cool look aside from the regular 2" version.

Cap has nothing really new to offer - besides the black shadow on his mask, right? And so is BD Logan. I really love the wave 28 Wolvie, but I don't need no other since then.

Klaw look just right, but compared to the more equipped ones that vanilla mate looks a little poor. :blush: Storm looks very cool, well done.

Is it me or is every Hulk minimate being produced getting worse and worse? I had high hopes that DST / AA would get WW Hulk right, but... :pinch::sick::yucky: .

Yeah that Hulk is pretty ugly. What is wrong specifically with the battle damaged Wolverine? I'm not much for battle damaged variants but is there something wrong beyond that?

Now which villain could have sliced-up poor Reed like this...HMMM?

Well Hulk beats the crap out of him in WWH, so it seems like a pretty good combo for a set!

So for those that have him, does another mate fit inside Reed's "snake coil" thing?

That Storm looks perfect! So glad DST has produced all these extra Secret Wars mates, beyond the poll winners...

Klaw look just right, but compared to the more equipped ones that vanilla mate looks a little poor. :blush:

I really like the simplicity of Klaw. Especially considering...

Is it me or is every Hulk minimate being produced getting worse and worse? I had high hopes that DST / AA would get WW Hulk right, but... :pinch::sick::yucky: .

I think WW Hulk might be the first best contender for worst 'Mate of 2010. Looking at the pics, I can't help but think maybe he would look better if his hair were turned around or something. Then I remember its a bowl cut. And if DST is going to put all this effort into extending height, something needs to be done about the T-Rex arms, and, no, those ridiculous mitts don't work.

I think I'd like Hulk better if they had done something more with that shoulder armor. It looks kind of puny and just makes that whole arm seem wrong. (of course, Hulk's arms have been odd since the beginning of the bulking up initiative)

His arms and his head just look too small compared to the massive chest piece, the extended lower torso bit, and the bulky straps on his legs.

I will humbly disagree on this point. Say what you will about WW Hulk, but the pinnacle of Hulk awfulness has already been reached. I would be hard pressed to see them top this.

At least you can make WW Hulk kind of work by getting rid of the extra pieces.

You'd think by now that we could have a decent Hulk ......how hard can it be ? I take it that 'WW' stands for 'wouldn't walk' ......he couldn't walk in those lobster pots could he? I've not read the comic but it ends with WW Hulk's legs being restrained in lobster pots ? If it doesn't why is he wearing lobster pots?

How many times do we have to drag this along ?

It is not his chest ,it is not his height ,it is not his feet or his head ......the thing that personifies every decent comic version of the Hulk is.....

his Arms

I am loving the other characters especially Reed.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I am still thinking that the best way to solve the Hulk's size issue is to give him the Iron Monger treatment. Make him a transforming Hulk, with Banner underneath. Monger is a solid, substantial mate; about a good Hulk's size and seems to pass the size restrictions of the DST contract. With Hulk, instead of armor bulking him up, the pieces could be muscles. I may try it with one of the zillions of BD-Mongers I have laying around...

Back on topic: Thanks everyone for the pics. I cannot wait to find these!

Thanks for the Klaw pictures, HoI. Man, I knew he would make a good looking minimate!!

As I have discussed with someone (GH?) that hair piece looks like it would be better suited for Clint Barton than Cap.

Whether or not you talked about it with GH, I know you and I exchanged PM's on the subject. And I agree with you. But that BD Wolverine looks... weaker than I thought it would, which makes spending money just for a hair piece for Hawkeye seem excessive.

It is not his chest ,it is not his height ,it is not his feet or his head ......the thing that personifies every decent comic version of the Hulk is.....

his Arms

Bing Bing Bing Bing Bing!!! We have a winner!!!

The more they make the feet and torso bigger, the more they make the Hulk look like a T-Rex.

The question then becomes, given the license restrictions, what can DST do about it?

Like the base Mr. F comes with, but am hoping we'll get some arm extensions soon. A big hammer-ish arm or a giant hand really needs to be done.

Klaw and Storm look great!

Can't abide that Hulk... I hate all these shoulder sculpted chests so that arms can't raise above the heads. What's the use?

The base was a great idea, and I have some spare stretched arms so I'll be posing him stretched out. I also like the new face compared to the old one. Hulk is a bit of a let down but I do like the sword.

I also like the look of the new Captain America mate, but I'm a bit unsure about the Wolverine one. Might keep an eye out for a loose version of Cap.

I went to two TRU in my corner of PA today and did not see these (but i did snag an IM2 3 3/4" War Machine!). The one i used to work at told me that they will be getting a truck tomorrow and Saturday so hopefully they will be on that. They did have the new GB wave so this cant be too far behind.

First, thanks for all the pics, it's appreciated :)

Second, wow that Hulk is rough! As everyone has said, he proportions are just so off now it's not even funny. As Onyx says, to solve a problem like the Hulk you need to basically create him as an armoured guy like Iron Monger, to give him the necessary bulk, hopefully that way the arms and legs won't look too stick-thin and elongated.

Found TRU Marvel Series 6 today in Lafayette, IN. There was a full case. I didn't have time to look at it all, so I can't confirm, nor deny the case pack out. I picked up all but the Thor/Loki set. I almost missed them. After the reset, they now have Minimates next to Marvel Universe, but these were next to the IM2 merchandise.

Edited by dark knight