UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

I'd like to see the black-and-white versions of the FF as well, the current short-sleeved costumes not so much but at least they're a real costume variation for DST to consider. And I really want a non-flaming Minimate of the Torch --- not half-flaming, but casual human-mode Johnny Storm.

And while we're on the subject... Frightful Four. Inhumans. ;)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new Red She-Hulk

I'm a bit rusty on my calculus skills, but I'm fairly certain that this second derivative solution (f''(Hulk)= Red She-Hulk) could be critical in discovering some formula to determine Marvel's next bad idea.

my only real gripe is that it looks like storm is gonna have a drawn-on vest instead of a sculpted one. still, though: overall it's a great, great toysRus wave!

I think a sculpted vest would make her look too bulky, so I actually prefer the drawn-on look.

yeah, the vest-piece adds bulk, that's true... but that pic of the drawn-on vest from the mohawk storm proto-type just doesn't look right to me somehow....

i'll definitely be happy to have that version of storm anyway, though.

You know, I really do not think the FF needs an update. Sure, they could use more villains. Who couldn't? But they aren't even remotely out of date and work just fine. What are you going to do, give them slightly new tampos? between the ones in the wave and the SDCC set, I think they're covered fairly well and are up do date. It's not like we're dealing with wave 3 here, people.

Slightly more detailed tampo's would be nice. As would a hair-piece that doesn't make sue richards look like a 60's store mannequin version of Carol Brady!

Plus - that series is pretty old now. Aside from them not fitting in too well with a lot of the more detailed Modern Mini's, a lot of people aren't able to find the older mates (myself included) and so have no way of actually getting themselves the F4.

I'd buy F4 updates.

(Just my 2 cents)

You know, I really do not think the FF needs an update. Sure, they could use more villains. Who couldn't? But they aren't even remotely out of date and work just fine. What are you going to do, give them slightly new tampos? between the ones in the wave and the SDCC set, I think they're covered fairly well and are up do date. It's not like we're dealing with wave 3 here, people.

Slightly more detailed tampo's would be nice. As would a hair-piece that doesn't make sue richards look like a 60's store mannequin version of Carol Brady!

Plus - that series is pretty old now. Aside from them not fitting in too well with a lot of the more detailed Modern Mini's, a lot of people aren't able to find the older mates (myself included) and so have no way of actually getting themselves the F4.

I'd buy F4 updates.

(Just my 2 cents)

I think I still have 2 MrF/Thing and Sue/HT packs. I'll check. you want them?

I think I still have 2 MrF/Thing and Sue/HT packs. I'll check. you want them?

If Nessex is going to pass, any chance I could take them off your hands?

I hope its not first come, first serve, because I need those too. Contest? Best trade fodder? Whoever you like better?

:D

I respect your opinion, but I am inclined to disagree with your point. My reasons are stated on this page.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...40&start=40

P.S. I do agree that more FF Villains should be made.

Man.

Look at all the trouble one beat up Reed mate can cause. ;)

Another reason that an FF update is needed. The original Mr. Fantastic came with black gloves and blue boots. I never really did like that look. Sue came with black boots and lab coat Reed came with black boots, but not the original one. And because the first Reed had bue plastic and the second had blue paint apps, swapping parts was never an option. It's about time the FF got a little overhaul / update.

Another reason that an FF update is needed. The original Mr. Fantastic came with black gloves and blue boots. I never really did like that look. Sue came with black boots and lab coat Reed came with black boots, but not the original one. And because the first Reed had bue plastic and the second had blue paint apps, swapping parts was never an option. It's about time the FF got a little overhaul / update.

Don't forget the blue belt for Reed & the Black belt on Sue's body. If your curious, I already mentioned this in more detail on the other thread. (The link is on my previous post above)

I have a question, and I'm hoping the varying ages you guys represent can help me out...

I was under the impression that the Astonishing X-Men Wolverine costume was fairly well received by the comics reading public. Personally, it's my 2nd favorite 616 Wolverine costume. So why is it receiving so little merchandising love?

"Tiger-Stripe" Wolverine (thank you Toy Biz marketing department for that name) got the battle damaged mate, the third representation of that costume in minimate form. (fourth if you count that whole "blue belt" TRU variation) Brown Wolverine has two figures, NXM has a figure and variant, and there have been countless other Wolverine releases. Yet his current costume was only released mask less in what is generally regarded as "not DST's best effort" X-Wave. (paired with the equally "shaky" Avengers wave) And this extended to the Hasbro stuff as well. All those Wolverines released for his movie, not a one in his current costume.

So I guess I'm questioning just how well received the AXM oufit is. Clearly the toy companies don't think it will sell as well as the other looks.

Honestly I'm not really that visually-oriented with AXM, let alone what Wolverine's costume looked like in action so there really isn't much of a personal investment in that particular costume variation on my end. However I do own the AXM Wolverine mate, and I can appreciate the subtle differences between it and the iconic tiger-stripe costume.

I guess the fact that comparisons between the AXM costume and the classic are pretty much inevitable might have something to do with AXM being so under-represented. If ever DST does get the opportunity to translate AXM to Minimate form then I (and I'm sure a good many of us) would more than welcome it. And I'm not just saying this as a Minimate fanatic either; the fact that AXM Wolverine is actually a worthy non-pointless costume variation along the lines of the First Appearance, New X-Men or X-Force looks certainly doesn't hurt its chances in my book.

(I am short on sleep tonight. Apologies if I seem a bit nonsensical right now.)

Miry: I'm a bit shaky when it comes to Wolverine so I'll confess that I maybe way out here but wasn't there some glaring artwork errors in the early days & nobody seems to know what his mask should really look like ??

To elaborate my confusion compare the Hulk issue (181?) & the subsequent GSX cover...same guy different artist/mask interpretaion. I might be way out & I'm no toy or Wolverine expert but might this be an influence?

Miry: I'm a bit shaky when it comes to Wolverine so I'll confess that I maybe way out here but wasn't there some glaring artwork errors in the early days & nobody seems to know what his mask should really look like ??

To elaborate my confusion compare the Hulk issue (181?) & the subsequent GSX cover...same guy different artist/mask interpretaion. I might be way out & I'm no toy or Wolverine expert but might this be an influence?

Well how big those "mask wings" on Wolverine varies greatly artist to artist. The first costume barely had them. His creator, Len Wien, was charged with recreating the X-Men, so he brought Wolverine in. Dave Cockrum didn't like the whiskers. So the mask was changed. Claremont and Cockrum liked Nightcrawler better, but fellow Canadian John Byrne took a likeing to Wolverine when he came on board and helped push Wolverine into the force he is now. He also designed my favorite Wolverine costume. Logan switched back to the "Tiger Stripe" during the Lee era, and wore it until all the X-men went with the leather jacket non-costumes. Which brings us back around to the AXM costume. (I think of it that way because that's where it debuted) The "wings" are suppossed to be smaller now than they were on the Tiger Stripe or Brown suits, but if you look at any gallery of Wolverine pictures, you'll see they tend to get more exagerated over time.

Ironically the same thing happened to Hawkeye's mask over the years.

BTW my second overall favorite Wolverine costume is this one.

Edited by Mirymate

I actually love his current costume, it's one of the only ML figures I've ever bought.

Me too! Cassiday did a great job designing the costumes for the whole AXM team. Really brilliant stuff with a classic-yet-modern feel. I really hate that later artists have seen the need to tweak the look (especially with Colossus. I really don't care for his subsequent make-over.) I could go for an AXM apology via rereleases over time.

And I'd definitely start with Wolverine and Colossus. I don't really care for the AXM Wolverine mate now. No mask and his detailing looks off- it's too simple and stark. Give us a more detailed Wolvie with a mask. Colossus needs some extra height- boots and a belt piece would do.

Kitty (with ponytail)
Cyberdyne Sarah Connor hairpiece.

;)

BSG Boomer hairpiece works well too

Yeah - i got the Blonde version of Boomers hair from some other mate recently & painted it brown for Kitty, but that Sarah hair is perfect. Might have to grab myself that one now!