UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

post-3073-1268882496_thumb.jpg

my girlfriend recently helped me to figure out how to post pics... i'm not very tech-savvy. :)

and look: i now have an avatar thingie that looks EXACTLY like my siamese cat. she was a beautiful "applehead" siamese named velvet, and she's been gone for 8 years now. damn, i miss that cat...

Edited by velvet

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and look: i now have an avatar thingie that looks EXACTLY like my siamese cat. she was a beautiful "applehead" siamese named velvet, and she's been gone for 8 years now. damn, i miss that cat...

Tis a fine looking feline. I lost my mate Ebony about 10 years ago, and i still miss him heaps. You just can't replace a member of the family, can you?

Has there been a price increase from the $7.49 price? The register tonight rang it up at $7.99 a set...

Yeah, my TRU restocked Wave 6 yesterday. All the peg caps were changed to $7.99 and the old price tags were covered with new ones.

Yep, wave 6 packs were $7.99 at my TRU, too.

If anyone still needs these PM me ASAP. My TRU put out a whole new case of them yesterday.

EDIT: Hulk and Storm sets have been spoken for The Captain America and Thor sets are still available.

Edited by minimadman

I've been checking TRU pretty frequently, but this week I wasn't able to make it out until tonight. I was less than happy to find all of the Storm/Klaw and WWH/Mr.F (... the fact that you call it pop-pop tells me you're ready...) already gone. There were four each of the other sets, so I know it was recent. So close. I like the deep red of Cap's boots and gloves, and the face is a good angry Cap, but it's a shame the mask is so off.

I was going to try that based on your earlier post, but Aquaman just doesn't have the intensity of the I am... Captain Fierce face.

You are correct that he isn't overly intense, but he looks similar to the Invaders version.

post-1827-1269036748_thumb.jpg

Tis a fine looking feline. I lost my mate Ebony about 10 years ago, and i still miss him heaps. You just can't replace a member of the family, can you?

thanks, nessex. and sorry to hear about ebony, by the way (my very first kitty-cat was jet black, actually... )

I like the deep red of Cap's boots and gloves, and the face is a good angry Cap, but it's a shame the mask is so off.

Two words--Aquaman head

I gave this and some others a whirl last night. Aquaman worked pretty well, but it costs Aquaman a head, and I don't have a spare. My favorite switch was by far with Blackhawk. The Cap head looks great on Blackhawk and vice versa... until I realized that Blackhawk has brown eyes. No go. Ultimate Cap and this Cap both benefit from a swap. I also found that Invaders Cap head works really well on modern Thor. I love minimates.

Apologies if someone has already noted this, but - are Dreadnoughts Shin-armour re-using the pieces from WWHulks shin straps?

good call! those are DEFINITELY the same shin-armour thingies.

• 2 weeks later...

And now for a left turn...

I dunno if this has been brought up before, and if it has my apologies, but I just noticed today that the left glove on my Battle Damaged Wolverine from Toys R Us, looks a little messed up...

It's like, shorter, and not painted evenly, in comparison to the right glove. I don't know if it's a paint error, or if it's an intentional choice by diamond to make his glove look "battle damaged". The one on MinimateDatabase looks the same.

Are they all like this, or did anyone get one with two symetrical gloves?

And now for a left turn...

I dunno if this has been brought up before, and if it has my apologies, but I just noticed today that the left glove on my Battle Damaged Wolverine from Toys R Us, looks a little messed up...

It's like, shorter, and not painted evenly, in comparison to the right glove. I don't know if it's a paint error, or if it's an intentional choice by diamond to make his glove look "battle damaged". The one on MinimateDatabase looks the same.

Are they all like this, or did anyone get one with two symetrical gloves?

I have a couple battle damaged Wolverines and one figure has the short glove, while the other figure has the longer glove (like wave 28 wolverine). I think the most common one is the short glove, but they obviously produced some with a longer glove because I have one.

Edited by mtd20_2000

For anyone living in Houston, Texas:

This afternoon, I had seen and left 2X WWH/ Stretch Attack Mr. Fantastic & 2X Klaw/Secret Wars Storm at the TRU on Fairmont (Pasadena/Deer Park area). They must have restocked.

I hope that helps.

Has anyone tried putting Luke Cage's vest on Mohawk Storm? I think it would look much better. Pics if anyone can, please and thank you :)

BS

Here are some quick pix i took.

Storm w/ Series 12 Luke Cage vest:

stormcage.jpg

Storm w/ TRU Exclusive Terminator Series 1 Assault Gear T-800 vest:

stormt800.jpg

I like the vest piece from the T-800 better, it has a more "80's" feel to it.