UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: *wags finger at Groundhog*

Do you want this entire wave or just the exclusives?

Thanks for that, but you guys who find extras could probably provide more help with guys living out of the country, who have a much harder time obtaining these things than those of us in the states do.

Having said that, I'm looking for everything except the Thor/Loki that we're gonna get elsewhere ;)

Well I went back to my local TRU today and I'm afraid I have bad news....all they had left were Loki/Thor and the mediocre Wolverine/Cap. I can pick up the Wolverine/Cap for anyone thats interested....they had a few of them.

Well I went back to my local TRU today and I'm afraid I have bad news....all they had left were Loki/Thor and the mediocre Wolverine/Cap. I can pick up the Wolverine/Cap for anyone thats interested....they had a few of them.

Such is the way of short packed exclusives. When I found mine, there was another fellow in the aisle who beat me to them. I literally said, loudly, "Hey! Save some for the rest of us!" Turns out he was another giddy collector there with his family, just happy to find something in store. But still, considering the crowd that shows up on Fridays, I feel justified in my obnoxiousness.

Found these at the TRU by Clackamas Town Center in Portland OR along with the GB mates, a few straggling BSG ones too.

Did you leave any behind? I'm gonig to try the one at jantzen beach this morning!

T.

i found a Klaw/Storm pack today behind the remaining mates from series 5. was the only one from series 6. i thought i'd like totally lucked out. super excited, if not a little confused. i then went down a couple isle, and there were the rest of series 6. still happy to score them!

I happened to buy a WW Hulk/Mr. Fantastic along with my Storm/Klaw and Cap/Wolverine sets. I had read somewhere on here that someone had a store that had a ton of the Molecule Man/Spider-Woman 2-packs. I never saw them or the Warpath/Angel sets at my local TRU... I don't suppose anyone would be up for a trade would they?

A certain "crazy" member here helped me out with the newest TRU wave (thanks again! :) ), and like others, I was a bit saddened by Cap's mask. So I thought to myself--which figure has eyes placed ridiculously low on his head? Here's is one way to kill two birds with one stone, if one were so inclined:

post-1827-1268539488_thumb.jpg

And while I'm at it, here are some of the Secret Wars crew:

post-1827-1268539502_thumb.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

A certain "crazy" member here helped me out with the newest TRU wave (thanks again! :) ), and like others, I was a bit saddened by Cap's mask. So I thought to myself--which figure has eyes placed ridiculously low on his head? Here's is one way to kill two birds with one stone, if one were so inclined:

post-1827-1268539488_thumb.jpg

And while I'm at it, here are some of the Secret Wars crew:

post-1827-1268539502_thumb.jpg

nice! i think i'm gonna use that first thor face for MY TRU series 6 cap, too.

and those were some nifty custom 'mates mixed in there on that last pic, by the way. i especially liked your changeling--- ol' garfield looks really sharp.

Edited by velvet

So far every Toys R Us in the Los Angeles area I've been to has had them in stock.

I've personally picked up the last Klaw set in Porter Ranch, Van Nuys and Burbank, but there are tons of Thor and Cap to be found and at least a few Hulks.

I'm checking Woodland Hills and Thousand Oaks tomorrow (mainly cause I haven't found a Hulk I'm happy with (every one I've seen so far the muscle detailing is applied skewed heavily towards his right side) but if I wind up with any extras after my minimate friends get their pick of them, I'll happily forward them to anyone on here who needs them for cost plus shipping.

Man...I dunno why, but I'm super excited to have a Klaw minimate. He's pretty awesome.

Man, it's been feast or famine with these TRU exclusives. The Angel/Warpath wave was one-and-done; this wave's been restocked twice in my neck of the woods...

I can't imagine the actual production runs changing that drastically. I wonder why the distribution has varied so much.

I put the Aquaman face under Cap's mask, and think it works very well. You can't push the mask down all the way, but it fits snugly enough on that head that it won't slide all the way down (on mine it did, anyway). With that face, this Cap really rivals any other IMO. I still personally prefer the wave 5 one, but the detail and extra goodies (belt, boots, shield holster on back) are nice.

Found an extra Klaw/Storm exclusive 2-pack at TRU this week... I would gladly trade it for the Series 5 Surfer/Swordsman 2-pack that I missed earlier this year.

Please PM me if interested.