UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these look pretty good, look forward to seeing them firsthand to decide on buying or not...the only one I reaslly want is the Thor/Loki pack, so I am a bit sad there haven't been pics of them yet.

I have said, and talked about this before...I agree the skinny hulk arms do not match, not sure what it would cost DST, even if it would be worth it. but if they just made the same type of arms and legs, but thicker, I feel it would look much better. it wouldn't exceed the height restrictions, it would be the same piece...but thicker ;) ... you wouldn't need any attachments to cover them, and they would look better....this is just my opinion, what do you guys think?

I have said, and talked about this before...I agree the skinny hulk arms do not match, not sure what it would cost DST, even if it would be worth it. but if they just made the same type of arms and legs, but thicker, I feel it would look much better.

If Diamond is willing and able to make a new arm type so that Storm and Shadowcat can have puffy shoulders, then they should be able to create a "buff arm" for use with Hulk and other larger characters.

The rest of the wave is quite nice - nothing new to add to what's already been said about them. Though the write-up for Klaw makes me wonder when we're going to get a Dazzler Minimate (my wife really wants a Dazzler Minimate).

Boyd's wife is not the only person who wants a Dazzler Minimate!

I agree that if they can sculpt new arms for Storm, they'd get a lot of mileage from sculpted thicker arms for the Hulk. Look how many we have now!

Dazzler/Longshot 2-pack. Forget Kang, our collective complaining/hassling efforts should be focused squarely on this goal, I say.

Edited by karamazov80

Dazzler/Longshot 2-pack. Forget Kang, our collective complaining/hassling efforts should be focused squarely on this goal, I say.

I say we make it a four pack with Mojo and Spiral. Either or both of them would make some cool minimates! B)

I say we make it a four pack with Mojo and Spiral. Either or both of them would make some cool minimates! B)

If they ever figure out how to do a six armed Spider-Man, then I suspect you'll see Spiral at some point after that, if for no other reason than to justify the expense of sculpting a new part.

If they ever figure out how to do a six armed Spider-Man, then I suspect you'll see Spiral at some point after that, if for no other reason than to justify the expense of sculpting a new part.

True, but I hope that they come up with something other than a chest block with extra arm pegs. I don't feel as though Six-arm Spidey (or man-spider) should be sharing a chest block with Spiral :lol:

I want to echo the pic request for old Mr. Fantastic, with the extend-o arms, on the new stretchy base.

Also, what material is the new base made out of? Is it the same, soft material as the bendy arms, or is it harder, like Sandman/T-1000?

I'm really kinda pissed now that I didn't find these when I found the new GB ones... <_<

Edited by TENIME_art

yeah a longshot-Dazzler two pack would be a fine win for d.s.t.

dazz-1.jpg

Did somebody say Dazzler. This is what I photoshopped, as you can see I got the image from the minimate database. Its a blank blue minimate and a powergirl head and hair. So after I was happpy with the photoshop mock up I went ahead and made the custom. The custom decal actually has better detail. I was pretty impressed with my custom, it was my first. I think this Dazz would look great next to mohawk storm.

Edited by Serge_Havok

I agree that if they can sculpt new arms for Storm, they'd get a lot of mileage from sculpted thicker arms for the Hulk. Look how many we have now!

This Hulk thing is starting to feel like duct-taping a cement-filled coke can to the end of a spatula instead of just buying a hammer – an unnecessarily complicated solution to a very simple problem. Every effort to make Hulk mates seem bigger has been overwrought and highly unsatisfying. It is so frustrating that they can't just make 3" mates of big characters.

True, but I hope that they come up with something other than a chest block with extra arm pegs.

I don't think they'd need to do a new torso. Why not make some kind of three-pronged upper arm piece with a ball socket on one end and elbow joints at each of the terminals? You get three arms and don't have to mess up the proportions of the torso.

Edited by Lobsterman

Disco-Dancing-Dazzler would make a nice variant. Maybe switch around the packs so Longshot comes with another figure and Dazzler comes with a Reaver or Brood alien. . .just sayin'.

Scored the new TRU wave today. I went in and they were still stocking stuff and when an employee asked if I was looking for anything, I mentioned the new Marvel Minimates. He reached down, looked at a box and opened it, asking me whom I was after.

Got the Storm/Klaw and Thor Reborn/Lady Loki sets.

Klaw is kinda plain looking, but it's nice to have gotten him in Mate form.

Storm is descent. I think an actual sculpted vest woulda been nice rather then a tampo vest, but she's still good...and yes, she has ears on the sides (not sure if that question was answered).

Thor and Loki are both really well done up with new parts, but for some reason I really wish the face tampos were a bit higher up on the head like the artwork on the box shows where their headpieces meet up with the tampos.

Would love to get some more Asguardians somehow in the future...

Storm is descent. I think an actual sculpted vest woulda been nice rather then a tampo vest, but she's still good...and yes, she has ears on the sides (not sure if that question was answered).

Thor and Loki are both really well done up with new parts, but for some reason I really wish the face tampos were a bit higher up on the head like the artwork on the box shows where their headpieces meet up with the tampos.

thank you i was wondering when someone was going to post about thor! i almost forgot he was in the mix. he is really cool and has an extender part too. but i think he looks better with out it. female loki is cool too. but like mst3k said the faces are a little low something to look for when you are at the store or in a few weeks.

hey as for storm any jacket will double as a vest.

I hate to interrupt the Dazzler love fest, but I found these today. Passed on Cap cause it just didn't seem like it was worth 7.50 for a new hairpiece and a weak Wolverine repaint.

Reed has a major difference that will keep the old stretchy arms from looking right on this new model. The stretch arms have flared gloves like the first few Reed releases. This new Reed has standard black minimate hands with the rest of the black glove painted onto the forearm. No way to avoid a black stripe on the arms of new Reed when the arms are stretched. New Reed's body is the correct blue and black, not blue and darker blue like the first two Reed's, so the new base won't quite look right on those two. Basically you can get it to work, but it'll take more parts swapping than one might think.

(never understood why the gloves of the old FF were flared when they never really looked flared in the comics, but then like so many things I was not consulted on that decision)

Klaw is the standout of the four I picked up. Man, he looks so cool. Screw Longshot and the Dazzler, we need a Melter /Whirlwind 2 pack to finish out the second Master of Evil... okay yeah, I'm dreaming again.

First off, my TRU STILL doesn't have them, they always put things out 2 weeks late!!! UGH!

No new minimates but I did get a couple of the iron man 2 mega blocks sets and an awesome Phineas and Ferb 4 pack for my oldest.

Second, DID I JUST HERE PHINEAS AND FERB 4-PACK!!! Tell me Perry and the Dr. were in it!!!