UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

[helping to finish off team rosters (Moostone & Swordsman).

I don't like that moostone character, she's such a cow.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the cool thing about doing Meggan is that DST could do a werewolf headpiece for her as a possible variant. I think that would bump up the interest for this pseudo-B/C-list character. Plus, if you put her with Nightcrawler it really wouldn't matter as everyone would love a new Nightcrawler!

[helping to finish off team rosters (Moostone & Swordsman).

I don't like that moostone character, she's such a cow.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Bah ha ha - well done mate . . . i totally missed that!

... and here we go again.

"Lady Lori"???

Thank God I'm practically lukewarm to the Klaw/Storm set, I can probably make do without that one. Still wouldn't hurt getting it though ;)

Mr. Fantastic/World War Hulk though... damn, that set I actually like. Does this mean we'll be due for that Fantastic Four redo wave after all? :woot:

BD-Wolvie/Cap is a mildly disappointing retread.

the Mr Fantastic and World War Hulk are a pleasant surprise.

of course i'll be getting klaw/storm

pass on thor/loki since I can wait until my set from that wave

captain america/bd wolverine are cool, but i'll pass. I like seeing some packs that aren't just the same packout at the normal waves.

I wonder if they are just going to be doing 4 sets in a wave now instead of 5. I was hoping for them to finally start on a double army builder pack. even if it was short packed it would be cool to get them out there.

Wow, look at all the Toys R Us exclusives in this wave! That Cap looks very different from the "Heroes" release, btw. The mask seems to fit easily, different facial expression, different shirt tampo. I need 3 or 4 of those for sure, so I hope they pop up on the website. Plus, the first every battle damaged comic Wolverine and the first Fantastic Four release in years, with all the other cool figures here. . .best TRU wave yet, hands down.

Look! Our first actual Battle Damage Wolverine set! (the movie one doesn't count cause it's a movie)

So, It's looking like Wolvy/Cap and Thor/Loki are going to be in a regular wave then? That Loki is awesome! Also, there's 4 packs so maybe we'll get an even case development? That Mr. F seems like a wasted spot to me. I'm more excited about Wolvy than I am about him. Weird, no?

Loki/Thor has already been announced as part of a forthcoming wave, but this is the first I've seen (I think) of the Wolvie and Cap. Did I miss something? Was it announced as a regular release somewhere?

Edited by karamazov80

Loki/Thor has already been announced as part of a forthcoming wave, but this is the first I've seen (I think) of the Wolvie and Cap. Did I miss something? Was it announced as a regular release somewhere?

no you are right, the Cap/wolvy set appears to be a non exclusive exclusive set

I love battle damaged characters so finally getting the wolvy is awesome and a mr fantastic too is the icing on the cake....any guesses on what the blue thing is in the reed/hulk package?

all in all I think this is a great tru set and with only 4 sets in it I hope there are no more 1 per cases, makes it easier for us non us fans to get help with them :D

Jeff of the Miniacs

Wow all and all this is a great wave, im very excited for storm and even world war hulk looks great,if everthing is going as i hope maybe this is the beginning of a long awaited fantastic 4 redo,ill be hunting for these for sure

Oh man I can't wait to see what accessory Reed comes with! With a name like "Stretch Attack" I am hoping for something cool. :)

I have no problem with the BD Wolverine, and I am pumped for Klaw and World War Hulk! Two more characters I was planning on customizing, but can now happily cross off my list.

Nice surprise for a Tuesday morning. Interesting we're only getting four 2-packs in this wave.

Thor / Loki - didn't expect to see that 2-pack at TRU. Better choice than Menace / Anti-Venom, though.

Klaw / Storm - Yeah Klaw! Love how they tied another character from the Secret Wars to Storm.

BD Wolverine / Cap - Wolverine is so battle-damaged, his shoulder fins are on wrong. Nice to see Cap get re-released. Would have liked BD Wolverine to come with a Sentinel, though.

Mr. Fantastic / WW Hulk - Boo. Yah. Don't think the battle-damaged is necessary, but it's great to see Mr. Fantastic get a re-release, and it looks like he's come with stretchy attachments. And WW Hulk is long overdue, but I always expected to see him in a "Hulk Though The Ages" 4-pack.

Overall - I'm very excited about these, and not just because I can take a couple more names of my customs "to-do" list. This might be the most excited about a TRU wave ever.

I hope this shows the direction of future TRU waves-recognizable characters for the casual buyer, yet mostly different versions for collectors. Plus, only four 2-packs does look like it might be evenly stocked. I think this bodes well for the future of the TRU exclusives.

Oh, and I think they all look incredible too.