UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Horrible Block toys.

Faust

I don't dislike the Qee figures, but don't like them enough to really buy many (I have a couple of the Homer Simpsons). They are Kubrick-esque, though their heads are a bit too big for my liking.

The Mega Blok figures do suck, but they're made for little kids, seemingly designed more for their durability than their look. So I figure that can be excused.

Both lines look amazing compared to Blammoids or Shockinis.

Edited by karamazov80

Blammoids didn't happen (did they?) & Shockinis never really should have happened but Mega Blok figures did....& they are rubbish...rubbish ! Qee IMO depend upon their license entirely.....some good some crap.

If this were a Mega Blok Multiverse then Mystery Man's famous thread would be eclipsed by the "I've got a Mega Blok that didn't break" thread.

However.....get yourselves one of those Mega Blok ships.....awesome & cheap.

When it comes to toys, if they last and are at least articulated, I don't think it's fair for you to call them horrible. Everybody likes something and if they didn't think these would sell, they wouldn't have made them (example: TRU wanted a second Wolvie Origins wave that nobody really wants but there are still enough to sell, the Final Battle Deadpool flies off the shelves and Rob even bought the whole wave just because of the different packaging). So while we all have our preferences, Mega Blok is a step ahead of DST and has product in all retail stores that sell toys and at least Qees are just as respectable.

Now, I don't like Kubricks, but that doesn't mean Minimates and Kubricks are better than the other. You either like some block figures or you don't, and we have members that like both.

I appreciate both block types for their specific "strengths": Mega Bloks is directly aimed at kids and something of an attempt for the line to expand to "people figs" without directly ripping off Lego, while Qees are more of an "artsy" platform for those hip graphic designers the urban scene seems to love so much ;)

Basically I believe it's much better all around if we learned to be more tolerant of other block figure types (just like with people :lol:) Kubricks are neat for their enough-licenses-to-choke-a-donkey and bankruptcy-via-blindboxes appeal, and as much as I detest our local stores being congested with Superhero Squad, they are fine enough for little kids to play with while starting their geek education. I personally love Minimates due to their size-to-detail ratio, while Shockinis are appealing for their ... er... um... something.

Shockiniz are teh bestest. They pwns Minimates in every way.

Just kidding, of course. However, I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to remind everyone about the time our dear Shanester had me pick up a convention exclusive Shockini for him. I braved the suck of the Shockini booth to obtain the hideous piece of plastic, my eyes burning at the sight of the myriad of "incredible" customs on display. I emerged mostly unscathed, though I'm pretty sure I lost a few billion brain cells just by touching the wretched thing. It's amazing what we will do for our friends. True story. hahaha!!!