UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

$167.88!

NightViper

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for anyone trying to find one Secret Wars boxset with this ebay seller in their area.

http://shop.ebay.com/smack5734/m.html?_nkw...p;_trksid=p4340

I bet he ends up eating a lot of those. Folks are reporting finding 20 sets at a time on the pegs... The only people that are going to buy these are totally impatient. They deserve to get ripped off if they cant wait a week or two to see if their local TRU stocks these. After that, if he's the only game in town, well then that's the way it is. Now lets see some out of package pics already!

Edited by Rheul

Query: I seem to recall the control art showing Spidey having a slip-on mask that's entirely black. Did that make it into the set?

It looks like the extra pieces are a full Symbiote Spider-Man mask and an over the hand style flame attachment.

From the post with the pretty pictures. ;)

Ah, thank you. Me am good at reading.

Wasn't there some weird hassle pre-ordering these originally ????

If you are referring to the Secret Wars set, not hassle, but some confusion. They listed these on their site, then removed them from their site, but my pre-order is still listed in my "account" information :)

Current status--"back ordered"

Edited by karamazov80

Wasn't there some weird hassle pre-ordering these originally ????

If you are referring to the Secret Wars set, not hassle, but some confusion. They listed these on their site, then removed them from their site, but my pre-order is still listed in my "account" information :)

Current status--"back ordered"

So what's the story? Will TRU.co honor the pre-orders or not?

The world may never know. . .well, actually we probably will eventually. I'm too lazy to send an e-mail asking, but I'm assuming that they will fulfill these orders and list some stock online for order in the near future. They cancelled the T2 wave 2 Minimates but not these.

Anyone have any out of the box pics yet? My TRU also looked like a war zone with no 'mates in sight. I'm interested in seeing how Captain Marvel's cape came out.

I'm curious as well. How did Photon's cape come out? Can her arms move or does the attached cape prevent this?

Wow, I'm surprised that these aren't all over the place. I found these here in Austin last week before the holiday. Our south store had a bunch of them in stock. I saw them there in the morning, but wanted to make sure my tru.com order hadn't shipped. Back-ordered, of course, so I called and canceled that part of the order (everything else had either shipped or been canceled) and went back to TRU after work to pick it up. It also rang up for me at the $164 price. I assumed that it was a case price, and the manager said the same thing. He got the correct price from the shelf, and I was set. I had a $10 voucher from an earlier coupon, so it was extra cheap for me.

To answer some questions: Yes, there's the symbiote hood. It comes with two "flame hands." Photon's cape works fine; her arms are quite mobile. Though her hair doesn't want to stay on.

I'll note that on all the sets that I saw, the paint app on Photon's head wasn't great. Right at the top border, the paint wasn't applied well, and some of the base white could be seen. There was also a tiny spot of black on Dr. Doom's outer armor that appeared on all the figures they had. Neither is a big deal, though.

If anyone has trouble finding them, PM me. If you cover costs and shipping, I'll happily pick them up for you. I don't see them selling very well, since it's really a bunch of folks that either nobody knows or are in some funky outfit that nobody recognizes. This was a strange box set for TRU to pick up.

Personally, I'm still looking for Angel & Warpath...

Glad to hear that Photon didn't get handed the cape that Storm got in her recent release.

Still, disappointed that we haven't seen any individual shots yet.

These aren't in my area yet, though I was surprised to see that holiday shopping has cleared out all the Hulk/Doom 2-packs that were clogging the shelves at my local TRU. Maybe I'll see these and a newer series of Marvel 2-packs in the near future. (the realist in me is saying I shouldn't hold my breath on getting the latest stuff just yet. The cynic in me is saying to expect the Marvel pegs to disappear so more Pokemon or something can find a new home)

None at the TRU an hour away from me. My parents went to Memphis today and I sent them with a picture of the set as well as all the pertinent details about it. They know minimates, so they knew what they were looking for. They said the clerks showed 'em where the minimates all were (lots of Wolverine movie and BSG) but no dice.

What I would give for one of these at that sweet, sweet 7.99!

Checked yesterday but no such luck. Anyways, I'm glad that there are twenty of those buggers at a time. Maybe i will be fortunate enough to find these. I'm still looking for Warpath and Angel. <_< But who isnt? ;)

Anyone have any out of the box pics yet? My TRU also looked like a war zone with no 'mates in sight. I'm interested in seeing how Captain Marvel's cape came out.

I'm curious as well. How did Photon's cape come out? Can her arms move or does the attached cape prevent this?

The cape doesn't attach to her arms, so there is still a good rane of arm movement. I'll post loose pics tonight if no one beats me to it.

Went through my TRU yesterday looking for something specific from Santa, and even they're slack behinds had 8 sets on the peg. But back in July, I ordered one from TRU.com. The website says it's "back ordered". They have till Friday to change it, or I'll cancel the online order and just pick the darn thing up, patience be dipped.

Went through my TRU yesterday looking for something specific from Santa, and even they're slack behinds had 8 sets on the peg. But back in July, I ordered one from TRU.com. The website says it's "back ordered". They have till Friday to change it, or I'll cancel the online order and just pick the darn thing up, patience be dipped.

You might run into some trouble there, since the order is so old. Someone wrote into MMHQ saying they had to go through a customer service rep to get the order canceled.

Personally, I wrote in asking why it was backordered when it is showing up so abundantly on their store shelves. I still can't fathom why the website and the stores are operating from two separate warehouses, apparently.

You might run into some trouble there, since the order is so old. Someone wrote into MMHQ saying they had to go through a customer service rep to get the order canceled.

Personally, I wrote in asking why it was backordered when it is showing up so abundantly on their store shelves. I still can't fathom why the website and the stores are operating from two separate warehouses, apparently.

Oh, I used a gift card, so I'm going to have to actually call them to cancel anyway. But that's all part of the plan. First I call TRU in Cary, make sure they still have them, then ask them to hold one up front. Then call TRU.com CS and cancel the order, placing the money back on my gift card, go to TRU, buy set with recharaged gift card. At this point, it's probably going to be a "To Daddy From Santa" present under the tree. That or the IG set. Not sure which.

Mine rang up the same. How many come in a case? Because 12x$13.99 is exactly $167.88...

I've never seen a Bullseye/Moonstone or Angel/Warpath in stores (thank you, Fizzle for hooking me up with the latter), but there were about 20 of these at the first (and only) TRU that I stopped at. WTF.

Pics:

DSCN3428.jpg

DSCN3429.jpg

Doom is in storage with the rest of my "costume variants" (until I get room to display them all), and while Spidey is out on my "Symbiote Shelf", I simply forgot to take a picture of him (he's at home, I'm at work).

Mine rang up the same. How many come in a case? Because 12x$13.99 is exactly $167.88...

I've never seen a Bullseye/Moonstone or Angel/Warpath in stores (thank you, Fizzle for hooking me up with the latter), but there were about 20 of these at the first (and only) TRU that I stopped at. WTF.

Pics:

DSCN3428.jpg

DSCN3429.jpg

Doom is in storage with the rest of my "costume variants" (until I get room to display them all), and while Spidey is out on my "Symbiote Shelf", I simply forgot to take a picture of him (he's at home, I'm at work).

Thanks for sharing!