UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

$167.88!

NightViper

DSCN3429.jpg

Please, Lord, if there be any justice, let the Cap'n Monica in energy form find it's way into a wave in the near future. Amen.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally my only complaints are that spidey has a peg hole and much like most hairpieces that are supposed to be semetrical, Ms. Marvel's is higher on the rightside than the left and it is made more noticeable by the fact that the skin shows on that side. Doom has a tampo under his crotch piece and under his chest piece. A question for those of you more in the know was Doom's hood a different color than his chestpiece during this time period or is it just the mate? I found them while in Knoxville, TN.

Edited by vbpanizzi

they could make a transparent box set, photon in energy form and a astral form dr. strange

And Wonder Man. :D

Living Laser? Telepathic form Professor X?

That's it... that's the set... Astral Form Dr. Strange, Energy Form Cap'n Monica, Iconic Wonder Man, and the Living Laser. Make it happen!

but not before the Wrecking Crew, gotta prioritize don't you know

And I dearly love Cap'n Monica, and thought her uncermonious removal from the Avengers jarring. The Roger Stern era is my favorite period in Avenger's history. (followed closely by the Busiek/Perez era) BUT Captain Marvel for me is Billy Batson. And in the 616, Mar-Vell gets the name... when he's among the living.

they could make a transparent box set, photon in energy form and a astral form dr. strange

And Wonder Man. :D

Living Laser? Telepathic form Professor X?

That's it... that's the set... Astral Form Dr. Strange, Energy Form Cap'n Monica, Iconic Wonder Man, and the Living Laser. Make it happen!

but not before the Wrecking Crew, gotta prioritize don't you know

And I dearly love Cap'n Monica, and thought her uncermonious removal from the Avengers jarring. The Roger Stern era is my favorite period in Avenger's history. (followed closely by the Busiek/Perez era) BUT Captain Marvel for me is Billy Batson. And in the 616, Mar-Vell gets the name... when he's among the living.

for me the iconic version is the tru safari jacket...now the IONIC version, well that is a different story :D

How about a plain ole Moronic Wonder Man?

Back to the SW set, overall it's a very good set. The Spiderman is fine, just a bit boring considering he is Spiderman. Doom is my favorite of the bunch with a removable chest and crotch piece and tampos underneath. I would love to have the old Mattel figure to compare, but I guess he's buried somewhere in the yard with the Star Wars guys. Beyonder is a dude in a silly white suit and big yellow disco hands. What's not to love? Actually, his face is really cool looking. I like it a lot. Photon is really cool and the cape is surprisingly out of the way because of it's A shape, so that's good. It also hase some pretty nice, subtle folds on the back side.

Loose Pics of the SW Boxset:

post-850-1259805872_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259805890_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259805905_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259805920_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259805938_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259805959_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259805977_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259805993_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259806013_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259806026_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259806042_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259806059_thumb.jpg

post-850-1259806071_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turtle

for me the iconic version is the tru safari jacket...now the IONIC version, well that is a different story :D

Oh spell-checker, how you mock my intent when not paying close attention! I stand humbled by my haste.

Yes, the purple Kirby Crackel version.

And the TRU version is almost iconic. He actually looks more like his modern look, which is the jacket slung over his tank top costume. The actual Iconic look had belt jets over the jacket (which would have been a collossal pain to make), and longer hair. Actually the hair meant for Recovery Armor Tony, from the IMTtY set, done in dark grey rather than jet black, would look near perfect.

Back to the SW set, overall it's a very good set. The Spiderman is fine, just a bit boring considering he is Spiderman. Doom is my favorite of the bunch with a removable chest and crotch piece and tampos underneath. I would love to have the old Mattel figure to compare, but I guess he's buried somewhere in the yard with the Star Wars guys. Beyonder is a dude in a silly white suit and big yellow disco hands. What's not to love? Actually, his face is really cool looking. I like it a lot. Photon is really cool and the cape is surprisingly out of the way because of it's A shape, so that's good. It also hase some pretty nice, subtle folds on the back side.

Great pics, Turtle! Thanks for sharing. :)

Back to the SW set, overall it's a very good set. The Spiderman is fine, just a bit boring considering he is Spiderman. Doom is my favorite of the bunch with a removable chest and crotch piece and tampos underneath. I would love to have the old Mattel figure to compare,

Actually, it looks almost spot on for how the old Secret Wars action figure looks. Thanks for the fantastic pictures and taking time to post 'em.

Beyonder is a dude in a silly white suit and big yellow disco hands. What's not to love? Actually, his face is really cool looking. I like it a lot.

Dude, you UNDRESSED the Beyonder?!?!

Ewwwww..... ;):blink:

All I can say is that it felt right at the time. :blush:

I'm not complaining about this set, but I think it would have been kind of fun if there had been a silly shield thingy or two in this set. Could'a been a nice nostalgic throw back.

Well one good thing about The Beyonder is he has a bare chest to use for customs...

The actual Iconic look had belt jets over the jacket (which would have been a collossal pain to make),

I put the jet belt from the old WM and put it on the safari jacket WM... Looks good adds some height too

Still nothing at my TRU, and nothing pending on their next truck. I sure hope with how many are in a case that are showing up at stores that there won't be any issues with this showing up here but it is TRU so who knows! If it says TRU exclusive on it than it shouldn't matter where you are your TRU should get it since it is the only place to get it.

Thanks for posting, Turtle. That let me know to check the Memphis TRU to see if I could get a set. They still had 4 or 5 after I picked up two sets. Boy, TRU is a mad house this time of year, so I'm glad I was able to get them so I don't have to worry about going back anytime soon (unless of course Wave 5 hits before Christmas). :)