UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Favorite Minimate that you own

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choosing one is near impossible when you own nearly all of them, but I will attempt.

I divide 2" minimates into two time periods Marvel Waves 1-16 and Marvel 17 forward, non-Marvel 'mates still fall into these time periods. I do this because from wave 17 on there were more sculpted pieces and more details in those sculpted pieces.

So from 1-16 I would have to say my favorite mate is Wave 6 Iron Man. I bought him because I really dug the Ghost Rider, but after opening the pack Ghost Rider sat on a shelf, but Iron Man got reposed every day or two. He is a perfect simple interpretation, which is what drew me to 'mates in the first place.

17 onward, that is tough. I think I will have to go with the translucent blanks from SDCC '08. I love blanks mostly due to Ivan's amazing photos of the original '03 blanks and I figured this was as close as I would get to having al of those.

If it was based purely on numbers, I would by default have Deadpool as my favorite as I own (we will call it the most) of him.

Custom - Dr. Thodt

3" - Rob Zombie

Accessory - the mohawk, I want a billion of these, I want to put one on every mate I have just like the skrull heads.

Alright I am done.

My prototype V1 Hulk. He will always be my most prized mini.

My next favorites are customs of Hulk/Thing Composite, "Out of the Closet" Hulk, & Frankenmate Hulk.

"Out of the Closet" Hulk

:blink:

So . . . Hulk in Drag? Hulk wearing rainbow pride pants?

Can we get clarification on what 'Out of the Closet Hulk' is. . . and maybe a picture?

I believe we have seen pictures of that early Hulk variant. More of a "Tranny Hulk" really.

My bombermate is most special, because it was personalized to me.

These types of comments so long after the forums and reason why these were made is gone give me a warm cosy glow of satisfaction...

I really appreciate all that still have and care about these minimates :)

T.

You should feel some satisfaction. The work that you put into those for the lucky 100 of us who were regulars on the old forum was certainly appreciated.

I still remember when I got mine in the mail. I didn't have any purchases coming, and when I saw the little padded envelope, I was wondering what the heck it could be. When I opened it and saw my username on it, I excitedly ran to show my (ex)wife, and she responded with her usual indifference about anything toy related. haha!

Even having owned a Gold Spidey at one point in time, I still have to say the bombermate is the most special. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... If I ever stop collecting toys completely and sell them off, the bombermate is one that will stay with me. Too many good memories wrapped into that little package. :)

My bombermate is most special, because it was personalized to me.

These types of comments so long after the forums and reason why these were made is gone give me a warm cosy glow of satisfaction...

I really appreciate all that still have and care about these minimates :)

T.

I sure am thankful. It's still one of my very favoritet minimtes and I'll always be thankful for having it.

"Out of the Closet" Hulk

:blink:

So . . . Hulk in Drag? Hulk wearing rainbow pride pants?

Can we get clarification on what 'Out of the Closet Hulk' is. . . and maybe a picture?

I knew I'd saved this pictures out somewhere (Gods only know why...). Created by our very own minivenom!

minivenom%20newhulk.jpg

wait for it....

minivenom%20newhulk2.jpg