UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Favorite Minimate that you own

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Inch Kirk for sentimental reasons as he got me into this madness.

Not counting sentimentality I'd say Marvel Ares; despite being pretty new in a line that almost spans 10 years, he's absolutely perfect and captures the absolute awesomeness of Ares into Minimate form. I'm also quite impartial to Invaders Captain America (although Wave 5 with Crusher Creel is my favorite 2 pack) and Captain Britain.

C3 Nightwing was the first. I remember thinking, "now to finda Robin and a Batman and I'm done." Several Minimates later. it was a pretty cool day when I picked up a full DCD wave 7 set with the new Nightwing in it, exactly a year from when I'd bought C3 Nightwing.

Marvel Wave 3 Logan and Storm are also both of high importance to me, as they were given to me early on in the hobby by two very important people.

Betsy Braddock, hands down! I may not own her yet but I will!

I completely agree with this. Psylocke is my Favorite X-Man and I would never in a million years think we would get an old-school version! This gives me hope that other awesome obscure characters will be made!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few. If you're talking official, then it's:

~ the C3 Batman that came with the mini Batmobile -- I love him for his cape & his faux "nose" (from the cowl) & his non-painted on boots

~ my modified angry Spider-Woman 'mate (beyond WW, she is my favorite female superhero)

If you're talking customs, then it would have the Jim Balent Catwoman that Luke did for me last year. (Sorry I had to use your photo, Luke. I still haven't found the time to photo her myself.)

I just received Dark Avengers Ares in the mail today and I have to say that I'm very impressed. Everything about him is perfect. He's definitely my new favorite.

I think all of the Dark Avengers are fantastic. Personally, I'm partial to Iron Patriot, but yes, I agree with your assessment of Ares. A superb Minimate, and his accessories are great, too. Especially that big-a** sword! :D