UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Favorite Minimate that you own

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There a lot of cool 'mates out there and so many that are fun to play with -- er, set up for display. Some are beautiful little sculptures, others elegant examples of block figure simplicity. In trying to narrow this selection down, I've come up with the following definition:

In the end, when they find a Minimate clutched in each of my cold, stiff fists, it'll be Bomber Mate #31 in one hand and Wave 2 Spider-Man in the other.

(if only I had more fists)

• 2 months later...

Although I don't have a single Minimate I don't adore, I'd have to give Dr. Peter Venkman the title of my Favorite.

So much detail and attitude and... Bill Murray... in such a small wonderfully crafted figure.

I'm also becoming more and more fond of my Cosmic Spider-Man. The Transformation Venom he came with is also the bomb-diggity.

Edited by Goober

You should feel some satisfaction. The work that you put into those for the lucky 100 of us who were regulars on the old forum was certainly appreciated.

I still remember when I got mine in the mail. I didn't have any purchases coming, and when I saw the little padded envelope, I was wondering what the heck it could be. When I opened it and saw my username on it, I excitedly ran to show my (ex)wife, and she responded with her usual indifference about anything toy related. haha!

Even having owned a Gold Spidey at one point in time, I still have to say the bombermate is the most special. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... If I ever stop collecting toys completely and sell them off, the bombermate is one that will stay with me. Too many good memories wrapped into that little package. :)

My bombermate is one of my most sentimental mementos. I loved that forum, and I love that mate. :]

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, I've been thinking this one over for a while, and I might have to say Extremis Armor Iron Man. He was my first mate. I don't know who else would be up there with him. I love the Sabretooth I got today (Thanks Gambitron), but Iron Man just holds such importance to me for being my first (lol). I never really cared for Iron Man, especially after Civil War, but His 'mate is no joke.

I'm always surprised by some of those sleepers. For example right now I'm totally fascinated by the two more recent Bullseyes. Or to be more specific, Lester in his Bullseye and in his Hawkeye costume. His facial expressions are spot on and both costumes are brilliant.

bullseye_sam.gif

For the obligatory reasons I love comic Deadpool and Scarlet Spider and Taskmaster and TRU Bullseye and the Entire Dark Avengers team. My nephew seems to really like the Happy Stay Puft Marshmallow man (he's 3 months old and just likes to smile back at someone) Moon Knight and X-Force Wolverine have become huge features in my list of late, partially because I do love moon knight (Also his cape makes Taskmaster look even more awesome than he normally does) The wave 28 Wolverine that came with Deadpool is also amazing since that is the Wolverine that immediately pops in my head when anyone anywhere tells me something about Wolverine without mentioning a specific costume. Rhino was the first minimate I ever got so he merits a special place to me. And with the new 90's X-Men coming along, all I'll really need now is Nightcrawler, whose lack of existence in my home makes me nothing but sad. And Red Tornado's Head is forever calling to all who know "52" and nothing more. Not to mention Kilowog, Guy Gardner, The A.I.M and HYDRA Soldiers, Shocker, Nova, Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman, Salaak and Ultimate Nick Fury. But to pick one that stands above all else I have with shine and vigor and supreme Glory, I have to pick Swordsman. At least right now. I love his helmet and everything, my only wish would be that he came with 2 swords instead of one. Now if they'd make a Songbird and Blonde Black Widow, my Thunderbolts would be complete.

This took way too long to write.

I really like Spymaster. The simple-but-cool execution just pops.

A second is the Batman that, I think, came with the C3 Batmobile. You can pop off his arms and put a cape on him that covers his body and trails around him on the floor. I think it's unique, clever, and just an awesome execution of a now-classic Batman look.

Iron Man 1 Movie Minimate - That one just blew me away and is still a favorite to display.

It is cool to see how many of us have fond memories of certain mates because of the story tied to finding them or a lengthy time of waiting for them. I love Iceman, Spidey & Firestar for the Spidey Amazing Friends angle.. and I loved Deadpool and Gambit for finally being made. I think a shorter list would be "Which minis are your worst".. because I have something to love about almost every one I own. :)

Vox

• 1 month later...

well I've always wanted U2 mates and I finally made them. But if we are talking about factory mates, I would have to go with Eddie from the rock line since that was the first one that caught my eye in a Sam Goody back in the day of 2003. If we are talking about 2" then I would prob have to go with warzone punisher--that boxset brought me back to minimates after being away for 6 years. The funny thing about having characters like punisher around, is it makes you actually want 'boring' mates, like gangsters in suits and what not that the punisher spent a lot of time fighting.

For me, being a life-long Trekkie/Trekker, there is only one: SPOCK