UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony in that raceing outfit.

I envision getting that in a box set, all shiny with smiles, etc., then getting the "battle damaged," post-Whiplash attacked variety as part of a TRU 2-pack.

Edited by karamazov80

According to a Facebook update, AFX says to check their (Facebook) page on Monday January 25th for their Iron Man 2 minimate boxed set reveal. It looks like these will be exclusive to the C2E2 (Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo). I hope AFX will have extra for after the show. Can't wait!

PLEASE let Black Widow be a part of this set!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

It seems preposterous that they would only release these in Chicago and not San Diego.

Unless there's another exclusive set for SDCC...

My hope is that the Chicago set is the Movie one, and SDCC gets a comics based tie in. Say maybe 4 specialty armors or an Armor Wars set. But that's just me dreamin'

Edited by Mirymate

A Comic Villains of IronMan would be an Awesome set.

I have SO many IronMan & like 2 villains . . . SpyMaster & Movie Iron Monger.

Maybe a BD IronMan, Crimson Dynamo, BackLash & Whirlwind?

Edited by Nessex

BD I agree with, Dynamo I agree with, however Mandarin needs a slot in any Iron Man villain set ever. I say:

BD Iron Man

Dynamo

Mandarin

The Melter (Just for kicks! We gotta have one in each boxset who we're never gonna see again.)

Whirlwind is a Pym/Wasp foe. Partially because he's got a stalker thing for Wasp, and Pym won't get out of the way. And partially cause Pym's been kicking his spinning tail since he called himself the Human Top and villains start to get that revenge tunnel vision thing. Mostly when Cannon has fought Iron Man, it's been in the context of fighting the whole Avengers. Whirlwind and Grey Gargoyle (classically a Thor foe) both got shoe horned into the 90's Iron Man cartoon. Not that I'm complaining, since we got figures of them for the TB toy line, Blacklash, Dreadknight, Dynamo, MODOK, Mandrain, and Titanium Man too. Man, I love that line.

And you'll have the Titanium Man for Tony to kick around soon, Nessex.

I'd love a Melter too, Trekker, and the fact that the Mandarin has been absent to this point is a little surprising.

I've heard rumors of rumors of overheard gossip about more comic IM Villians coming soon in various places. Of course how much faith you put in that comes down to how much you rate my random and somewhat unusual collection of sources....

T.

I've heard rumors of rumors of overheard gossip about more comic IM Villians coming soon in various places. Of course how much faith you put in that comes down to how much you rate my random and somewhat unusual collection of sources....

T.

I'm still relatively new enough around here to trust you completely, being staff and all. If you say they're comming I'll add some space to my spreadsheet.

A Trekker42 - i actually Didn't include Mandarin, casue i figured that we would be more likely to get Comic versions of characters that appeared in the film. I thought they'd wanna Save Mandarin for a regular LCS wave. And i think i heard that Whiplash is kind of an amalgamation of Backlash & Dynamo . . . hence those two choices. I included Whirlwind just as a 'never gonna happen' kind of wish. I didn't realise he was more of a Pym villain.

Maybe we could get a Unicorn?

it's the 25th here now . . . . i'm sooooo hanging out to see what the reveal will be, but i think i have like abouth 12 hours before it's the 25th in the States. <_<

Maybe we could get a Unicorn?

Ooooooo Now that WOULD be cool. His design would look great in minimate form.

I'm also really, really hoping Whiplash gets a second look in the movie.

Ok - looks like AFX have posted pics of the 1st 4-pack.

The line-up goes something like this:

BD Iron Man

BD War Machine

Nick Fury

Race-Car tony Stark

Alas - no black widow :( Dang!

Check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3423...id=166601910677

Edit: I seem to have lost the ability to upload photo's. Have a accidently changed some settings or something? Little tech help?

Edited by Nessex

Bad news: crikey, redundant battle-damaged variants again. Even I'm crowing for a movie Black Widow now! Why hasn't DST revealed her yet?! And... what's the difference between this Nick Fury and the last one? :lol:

Good news: We now know what the final armor from the movie looks like! And racecar Tony comes with a helmet! And his uniform looks pretty nifty too.

And look closely at the WIP prototype shots, a lot of cool stuff there: Tony's arc-reactor chest looking worse for wear, Iron Man's helmet with a flip-top(?) face plate, a first look at the Minimate Don Cheadle...

Bad news: crikey, redundant battle-damaged variants again. Even I'm crowing for a movie Black Widow now! Why hasn't DST revealed her yet?! And... what's the difference between this Nick Fury and the last one? :lol:

Um - he has ears?

Okay, that was more of a rhetorical question... I'm just saying that minor details aside, movie Nick Fury looks almost just like wave 27 Nick Fury, only with a new coat and ears. Just reminds me of the wave 24/Heroes Spider-Man row, that's all.

Sorry NorthRaider. . . i was just taking the mickey. And more out of the situation, than out of you. Was kinda pointing out how similar they are by pointing out that only the ears were new.

I guess since both minimates are based on SLJ's likeness & both wear essentially the same thing (let's face it - they ARE the same character), i can understand how there's not alot more you can do with them.

Still - it's a spot that could have been given to Black Widow :(