UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will be at least 3 armors.

- IMO (I hope I used that right), there will be the armor from the Entertainment Weekly cover and the first movie poster.

- Somewhere towards the middle, there might be some other armor, but I don't believe it'll be that silver one that Mirymate put a pic of. If not that, then we'll count War Machine as one of the armors.

- The third one will probably be the triangular mini-arc-reactor (or chest beam) from the theatrical trailer. Apparently, in the beginning of the trailer it also had the first armor I had in mind. The triangular mini arc-reactor is only at the end of the trailer, where he fights with Rhodey (as War Machine).

Edited by Captain Minimate

I would think that she would be a lot more desirable to fanboys than 20 more Iron Man versions

while I'm not against a Movie Black Widow, I just wanted to say if given the choice of 20 versions movie armor Iron Man or Movie Black Widow

toomanyironman.jpg

I will stick with the 20+ armor collection.

Given the choice between a Movie Black Widow and ad infinitum battle-damaged variations of the same armor though, I'd pick Natasha hands down.

I wonder if we'll ever see a Justin Hammer minimate?

toomanyironman.jpg

... is that a Chef Tony all the way to the left?

Good one. :lol:

What happened with Edward Norton? Been trying to look for that press release, don't know what good it would do though since its in Chinese. <_< Though oddly enough the names were in English.

Not just 'Chef Tony' but "IRON Chef, Chef Tony"... it's TWO jokes.

Bah ha ha! Gold!

Also - i'd rather a movie Black Widow over a 4rth, 5th, 6th, 7th etc . . . movie armour.

Just putting my 2 cents in :thumbsup:

What happened with Edward Norton?

I've been wondering about that as well, but I did find this.

Apparently Norton originally had a lot of creative contributions to the movie script, including some flashbacks and further fleshing-out of Banner's character. His contributions (including that storied scene where Banner

goes to Doc Samson for therapy

) were stricken from the movie's final cut, and are now deleted scenes on the DVD. As a result, it appears that doubt has now been cast on whether Norton will appear in the Avengers movie crossover.

Liv Tyler, Tim Blake Nelson and Louis Leterrier have contract stipulations for two sequels, if Marvel wanted to bring them back. Norton’s contract doesn’t have any such stipulations. Even if a sequel isn’t greenlit, The Hulk will return in the upcoming Superhero team-up film The Avengers. However, I’d be shocked if Norton returned to reprise the role of Bruce Banner.

That article pretty well encapsolated everything I had heard about Norton v. Marvel/Penn. I would be curious to see a "Norton's cut" of the film down the line. (Good Lord knows we've had at least 10 final director's cuts of Blade Runner) But yeah, after all that argueing, I'd be SHOCKED if he did another one without creative control promised in writing up front. (verbal agreements mean slag, Ed, you should know better)

Well that sucks, I thought he did a pretty good job as Banner. Aw well. Eric Bana did a pretty good job too in the first Hulk film.

Edited by rx78jj

Hammer Drones will be a cool army builder.. as I was reading up on the Iron Man 2 movie version of Whiplash I read that they are combining the elements of the characters: Blacklash/Whiplash & Crimson Dynamo. With that in mind.. there was a time that ol' CD had an army of Dynamos that he sent at Tony.. I wondered if we would get to see a movie equivilent of that.. and it looks like we will. I got to hand it to the Iron Man movie team.. even when combining characters to get what they want for the story, they still do a lot of homework on the subject matter.

Bring on more Iron Minis!!! (Can we start a petition to get Hulk Buster Iron Man?.. like said earlier in this thread... Iron Monger gets us half way there)

Vox

(Can we start a petition to get Hulk Buster Iron Man?.. like said earlier in this thread... Iron Monger gets us half way there)

Iron Monger gets us a quarter of the way there.... we still don't have a Hulk minimate that would require a suit that big to bust. (Movie Mark 3 is about the same size as Red/Heroes/Movie Hulk, Ultimate Hulk is only slightly larger. It'd be like bringing one of those crazy rocket propelled race cars used to set ground speed records to a race when everyone else was ridding unicycles... We need a Monger sized Hulk before a Monger Sized Hulkbuster even begins to make sense.)

(Can we start a petition to get Hulk Buster Iron Man?.. like said earlier in this thread... Iron Monger gets us half way there)

Iron Monger gets us a quarter of the way there.... we still don't have a Hulk minimate that would require a suit that big to bust. (Movie Mark 3 is about the same size as Red/Heroes/Movie Hulk, Ultimate Hulk is only slightly larger. It'd be like bringing one of those crazy rocket propelled race cars used to set ground speed records to a race when everyone else was ridding unicycles... We need a Monger sized Hulk before a Monger Sized Hulkbuster even begins to make sense.)

Try Jack Kirby Hulk. ;) We DO have a Hulk that size.

Quite frankly i hope they keep Hulkbuster out of the Avengers movie (if we even get that far). I'd rather not see that, or any other extremely popular armors, since it has such a fan following and there'd be so many expectations to live up to. Someone will get mad. With Mk I it didn't matter because there was no better way to show a pile-of-crap Armor that with total junk. Hulkbuster is so large and sophisticated, not to mention already detailed, that they would have to play it extremely close to the comic counterpart.

Damn...i just argued for a fictional Armor...i need to be 21 like now...i need a drink...

Oh, and i hate that Norton might be out...he was so great as Banner...ill miss him.

Oh we'll see Hulkbuster armor and all the rest eventually, if a script calls for them. And the Avengers movie might just call for it. But there have already been two very dissimilar Hulkbusters, 3 different Stealth, 4 different Space, and two Deep Sea armors in the comics. So much like the main "movie look" of the Iron Man armor, which draws from several different models, I'm sure they will mix and match the elements they like to make something recognizable, yet its own thing.

And Vox, as we said earlier, the fact that some toy prototypes have the Hammer Drones as large and green, (though gangly and skeletal) they are more likely to be Titanium Men than Dynamos. Which makes me sort of sad, but Happy didn't call and ask my opinion.

All in all this would not make for a bad trilogy of movie villains: Stane/Iron Monger, the Dynamo/Whiplash hybrid with Justin Hammer, and I assume the Mandarin for IM3(since they already set him up last film). That would cover major players in Tony's rouges gallery.

I personally don't think that we need a larger hulk in order to get a Hulkbuster armor. They should just make it. I do wonder though, how could they make the Mandarin? His powers are all based on his rings and somewhat mystical. How are they gonna pull that off in the movie? I know that the whole concept of Tony's armor is out there, but it is still plausible to an extent. How would one explain mystical rings and what not. Wouldnt it be a little too far fetched even for a comic book movie? Comments?

All in all this would not make for a bad trilogy of movie villains: Stane/Iron Monger, the Dynamo/Whiplash hybrid with Justin Hammer, and I assume the Mandarin for IM3(since they already set him up last film).

I don't read a lot of IronMan. . and so there may have been hints in the film that i missed. Where/How was Mandarin set up in the first IronMan film?

I don't read a lot of IronMan. . and so there may have been hints in the film that i missed. Where/How was Mandarin set up in the first IronMan film?

Several references to "the 10 rings " etc...

T.

p.s. I suspect we'll see a Hulkbuster IM sooner rather than later, perhaps packed with a hulk that matches it in stature?

I personally don't think that we need a larger hulk in order to get a Hulkbuster armor. They should just make it. I do wonder though, how could they make the Mandarin? His powers are all based on his rings and somewhat mystical. How are they gonna pull that off in the movie? I know that the whole concept of Tony's armor is out there, but it is still plausible to an extent. How would one explain mystical rings and what not. Wouldn't it be a little too far fetched even for a comic book movie? Comments?

Well in the comics the man how would be The Mandarin was a brilliant, arrogant comic book scientist/engineer (you know, like the biochemist that designs A.I. robots kind of thing) who was an alleged descendant of Genghis Khan was running from persecution from the communist Chinese for being an agitator. (on account of he mouthing off about wanting to overthrow them) He fled into the "Valley of the Dragons", where he discovered a crashed alien vessel. The skeletal remains of the lone crewman he found resembled a humanoid Chinese dragon. The man was smart enough to decipher much of the science behind the how the Makluan ship worked, though he could not repair it. He did discover 10 rings that were part of the ship's control system. Each ring could generate and manipulate a specific kind of energy. (Heat, Cold, Darkforce, Psychic, etc.) After gaining a great degree of control over the rings, and reconstructing the ship's transporter, the man embarked on his career as the Mandarin, determined to conquer the world as his ancestor did. He employed Wong Chu as an catspaw, and instructed Chu's terrorist network to capture international weapons maker Tony Stark when the inventor was demonstrating his latest tech to US military brass in the field. The Mandarin had already arranged Prof. Hosin's capture and was hoping the two noted minds could help the Mandarin achieve even greater control of his rings. Well we know how well that worked out. Month's later, after the Mandarin's forces threatened the Red Chinese, China made a deal with the US to send Iron Man to directly confront who would be his greatest foe. Over the years, the Mandarin would occasionally employ lieutenants whom he would lone one of his rings to as a symbol of his trust and authority. A lot of people confuse the alien tech of the rings for magic which the Mandarin usually does not correct, and in truth the Mandarin himself has on occasion suffered partial memory loss and confused their origins as well.

Eventually we all learn that the long lived Makluan crew of the downed ship largely survived and used their shape shifting powers to blend in with humanity. The ship's navigator remained in his true form and was charged with guarding the ship, until the natives found a chemical compound that put the dragon called Fin Fang Foom to sleep, allowing the future Mandarin to loot the vessel. The ship's Captain, in the disguise of a wily, floating old laundry owner named Chen Hsu, showed the Mandarin levels of control he'd never reached, and allied him with Foom to conquer over a third of China. But this was all a ruse, and the Makluans eventually all betrayed the Mandarin and only by combining his newfound control with Iron Man's amplifying the energies to apparently destroying the alien dragons. (though Foom and Hsu have turned up alive sense) The experience left the Mandarin apparently confused again, and he tried to combine his alien tech rings with an ancient magic artifact to try to destroy earth technology. This of course failed, as did the next few schemes. His last of involved a convoluted attempt to release the Extrimis virus as a bio-weapon to kills billions and have Stark take the blame. He tried attaching his rings to his spine this last time, and though he lost again, he may now be Extrimis enhanced himself. But as teleporting away at the last second is as much a calling card as his rings, we'll have to wait till he next pops up to know for sure.

hang on, let me catch my breath...

Okay. so, anyway... Alien tech would fight into Iron Man's movie world... just barely... but certainly better than magic. Alien dragons... I don't know...

This concludes Mandarin 101. Sorry to be long winded, but he proved too tricky to explain in my usual paragraph.