UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Regular wave of IM2 Minimates = 7 figures

- TRU Wave (assuming they follow the Wolverine wave & have 2 exclusive sets) = 4 more figures

- C2E2 convention sets (assuming standard 4-figure box sets) = 8 more figures

*lower lip quivers*

I wonder if DST has hit overkill level with IM2 yet?

Considering how big this movie is likely to be... no. I mean Wolverine was a pretty poor movie, and only did moderately well box office, but at least locally the toys sold fair, and the mates sold through. IM2 is expected to be bigger box office and more importantly a better movie. I recon even Downey Jr will be sick of seeing his face everywhere by June.

Like everyone else, I wonder if this is only counting the direct movie stuff, or the comics tie in stuff like they did for Wolverine and Iron Man? (Hall of Armors and Armor Wars boxed sets, Chuck, you know you want them too)

I know Nuh-sink!

I saw Nuh-sink!

Isn't that my line...

Sorry, you were late. Royalty check is on the way.

I reckon that a new version of a certain little 'blue' 'mate will be amongst these forthcoming treasures!

DST won't be able to resist the temptation .

Strangely enough ..... :rolleyes:........ I actually love the Iron Man variations almost as much as I 'tire' of all the Wolverine variations.......am I the only one here that still wants a definitive version of him that isn't spoiled in some way?

It's justifiable in this case though, since Tony Stark is practically best known for his revolving door of armors :D I already have a bunch of Iron Man mates, yet I'm still looking forward to the upcoming Extremis and Movie versions. And his other definitive armors have been discussed elsewhere, I'm sure we'll be seeing them soon enough.

Surprisingly (or perhaps not so), I don't own a single Stealth Iron Man yet,

I reckon that a new version of a certain little 'blue' 'mate will be amongst these forthcoming treasures!

DST won't be able to resist the temptation .

So I have to ask, BHM, you were really ticked when Spider-Woman II and Black costume Spider-Man were reissued in violation of the "never re-release a chase" policy. (which really seems chucked in the bin at this point) Yet, you seem okay with the idea of an updated Stealth Armor. What's different this time? That tired of Spider-variants?

Miry,

I hate elitism so I cannot really say that it is 'wrong' that DST are bending the rules, to cater for the new collectors, & re-releasing once precious characters . It does however make me even more cynical about the manipulation of loyal fans by toy companies. I am assured, by many of the comments here, that DST/AA are one of the more scrupulous toy companies when compared to 'others', so I also accept that re-releases haven't yet become a big problem.

I've been collecting Minimates for three & a bit years & have been a member here for three & I avidly follow the threads discussing the thrills & the woes of finding 'Stealths, Nightcrawlers & Black Spideys etc.etc.' ......I just think that re-issuing items like Black Spider-Woman is just sheer laziness & counter-productive ....who benefits?

By all means give the fans a new Nightcrawler (for example) which incidentally would not be infringing DSTs policy of not re-issuing variant sets .....but make it significantly different.

Blue Stealth is a gorgeous little 'mate whose rarity & desirability equate to its ebay value ........perhaps the only variant that does .......but I am resigned to the fact that if I know that .....so does DST/AA !!

Edited by buttheadsmate

I hope DST/AA uses the awareness of Iron Man to get us more comic based Iron Man characters in addition to the movie ones we've seen. It's always been bizarre to me when movie toy lines from any company seem to be made up of about 19 versions of the main character, two or three of the villain, and maybe if you're lucky some ancillary characters. IMHO, they should do what Hasbro's Superhero Squad did with the Spider-Man movie line, they had movie characters like Naked Green Power Ranger Villain.....I mean Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Sandman and New Goblin. But they also had Lizard, Puma, Black Cat, Rhino, Scorpion, and Mysterio.

I hope they mix it up a bit. Even though Iron Man has had a million armors, don't forget he has a supporting cast besides Pepper Potts, and lots of villains, including a certain RINGed fellow who's been around since day one and is still unmade......

Surprisingly (or perhaps not so), I don't own a single Stealth Iron Man yet,

Maybe you do and just don't know it, It is stealth armor try squinting at your collection through different colour glass filters! ;)

I am actually in the camp who wants a redone stealth IM minimate and I have several of the originals ( plus a test shot), as long as they reuse Wolverine shoulder pads to get the angular look and use a shiny mettallic blue black paint (and have a white pearlised (like storm) variant ;) ).

I hope they do a comic line for S36 to ride the wave of the movie, If they are making one armor I want a classic hulk buster, for baddies I want crymson dynamo, ghost, blizzard, stiltman ( they could do leg extentions and make him really tall & still keep the 2" body to appease marvel). Oddly the one that I'm not lobbying for is the Mandarin, I just don't think he'll look great in minimate form.

T.

Regarding the re-release of variants, this may be small comfort, but it could be worse.

Medicom has recently been on a kick of re-releasing extremely rare (1/96 blind boxed-type rare) Kubricks that would sometimes retail for $100+ for $10 or so in widely available multi-packs. And these aren't noticeable updates at all--they appear to be straight re-releases.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

If I were someone who didn't appreciate the re-release of "chases," that would make me furious.

Edited by karamazov80

Furious?

There can't be many people out there that have been stupid enough to accumulate dozens of 'secret chase' kubricks in the belief that they would be unique items ! :(

Gullible is perhaps closer to reality. When I receive my 'unique' box-set of Crazy & Julius I'll post a picture to compare them with my 'unique' secrets :rolleyes:

I don't harbour any ill-will towards that particular Japanese company but as a long-term marketing error ....it's a pearl

Oh yeah, original Hulkbuster Iron Man is high on my wish list. I think they could cobble up a pretty good one from the Iron Monger mate they did for the movie. Speaking of Iron Monger, where's the comic version? Maybe even another Titanium Man. Crimson Dynamo is also a good one. The Stealth Iron Man would be awesome. Hows about the one Stark used against the Black Panther. Better yet, how's about a Hydro Armor Iron Man. Man I love these variations on the Iron Man armor. Who else loves this? :lol:

Edited by rx78jj

I wouldn't say I "love it" but I'm cool with it if it helps get more villains like Spymaster who wouldn't stand a chance otherwise. At least I have something I can do with all the Iron Man armors, as there's no right one, they're all different versions, like models of a car. You can have all of them standing side by side, instant Hall of Armors. Cool! Stand all the Spideys side by side, instant Clone Saga. *shudder*

A new movie poster was appeared here with Whiplash on it. In the same gallery you can also see back-to-back Iron Man and War Machine. Seeing these images, I cannot wait for the movie or the minimates!

Magic 8 ball says mystery army builder is this: "Drone Thing"

fan - feckin - tastic

I'll be deffo getting quite a few of these bad boys!!!!!!

Saw that a few days back thanks to an AFI link. Didn't post it here because i didn't know the full parameters of "talking about it," and didn't want to blow the surprise. Looks VERY cool though.

A drone, hmm <_< Very interesting. Wonder what Toys R Us has installed for us once these things get to the public? Wonder how the minimate looks like?

Magic 8 ball says mystery army builder is this: "Drone Thing"

Well Fudge.

It's green. Probably designed by Vanko for Hammer. Which likely means these gangly things are going to be called "titanium men". Or at least that's what I'm afraid of.

(and as a side note, in the 616, Vanko designed much of the original Titanium Man armor's weapons before defecting. Vanko also designed the Unicorn's "power horn" tech. Apparently he was the only Stark level inventor in Russia, so of course he defects and gets killed. Ah, cold war era comics!)