UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a sad thing if they were called Titanium Man, but maybe, just maybe, in the end of the movie, a suit will be left for another Russian and don the armor to become Titanium Man.

well the new ironman 2 trailer is up on marvel.com and its been made pretty obvious that the armybuilder is going to be the drone thing

what if it's the Tony Stark dancers?

oh my god how could i have missed that!!!!!!!!

well the new ironman 2 trailer is up on marvel.com and its been made pretty obvious that the armybuilder is going to be the drone thing

what if it's the Tony Stark dancers?

An army of skimpily dressed girls with artificial hearts & pencil moustaches?

I still hope we get some comic Iron Man and villains stuff around the same time. I hope I hope I hope.

Me too! Me too! Me too! Me too! Me too!

Some comic themed villains would be nice! What's the point of having an army of Iron Man Armours with no-one to oppose them?

Well we'll be sure to get a Mandarin of some form when Iron Man 3 comes out. It's a matter of time, really.

I can't believe that the toy companies (not just DST) haven't shown us some Scarlett Johanssen/BW goodness yet. I would think that she would be a lot more desirable to fanboys than 20 more Iron Man versions or Pepper (Sorry, Gwyneth...you're cute but I'm just saying...) :lol:

Toy Fair. Gotta be savin' that reveal for the Toy Fair. Although, it's Hasbro on the main movie line, so I'm not expecting a Widow in their IM2 toys. These are the guys who can do an X-Men line without Storm, Rogue, Kitty, or Emma despite thier prominent roles in the cartoon. Girl's have cooties afterall. (and all those Wolverine variants are still hanging on the peg, connection? lesson learned? Come on, this is Hasbro.)

DST probably has her either as TRU exclusive 2 pack, or in the boxed set.

I can't believe that the toy companies (not just DST) haven't shown us some Scarlett Johanssen/BW goodness yet. I would think that she would be a lot more desirable to fanboys than 20 more Iron Man versions or Pepper (Sorry, Gwyneth...you're cute but I'm just saying...) :lol:

no! I'm more than happy with 20 more iron man armours!

20 more, that's what I was thinking. Also plenty of Iron Man villain armors are still out there not made yet, the Beetle anyone. :D Watched the new trailer on marvel.com. Does this mean he goes back to the arms business? why else have dancers like that with "arc reactors" on their chests? Awesome how heavy duty the War Machine armor looks like. I cant wait for the 1/6th scale figures that Hot Toys is coming out with as well as the minimates. Yay.

Although, it's Hasbro on the main movie line, so I'm not expecting a Widow in their IM2 toys. These are the guys who can do an X-Men line without Storm, Rogue, Kitty, or Emma despite thier prominent roles in the cartoon. Girl's have cooties afterall. (and all those Wolverine variants are still hanging on the peg, connection? lesson learned? Come on, this is Hasbro.)

I agree with you that Hasbro has been very lax in the female figure department, but they are getting better. The G.I. Joe movie line had at least 5 female figures and they are learning that we won't buy girl figures unless they're pretty. Black Widow ( the comic version, not the movie version) is due out in their MU 3.75" line in early 2010. I've seen the pics and she's actually quite pretty. Compare her to some of their first attempts...like their hideous Emma Frost from the Marvel Legends line. :sick:

I agree with you that Hasbro has been very lax in the female figure department, but they are getting better. The G.I. Joe movie line had at least 5 female figures and they are learning that we won't buy girl figures unless they're pretty. Black Widow ( the comic version, not the movie version) is due out in their MU 3.75" line in early 2010. I've seen the pics and she's actually quite pretty. Compare her to some of their first attempts...like their hideous Emma Frost from the Marvel Legends line. :sick:

I've seen the MU Widow pics too. Unlike Jean, she looks like she has a neck, so that's an improvement right there.

Emma was a bafeling case, because the prototype pictures looked good. Something truely frightning happened at the factory though and I guess the Has-suits decided it would be too expensive to correct. So instead of a highly anticipated figure, they made a perfect pegwarmer.

The most curious thing about IM2 toys so far is the Pepper Pots mate. Not real sure why we're getting another one. And I'm not the kind of guy who complains about civilians mates. But seems to me there were enough new characters in this movie that recovering old ground was unnecessary. But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Emma was a bafeling case, because the prototype pictures looked good. Something truely frightning happened at the factory though and I guess the Has-suits decided it would be too expensive to correct. So instead of a highly anticipated figure, they made a perfect pegwarmer.

With an ugly exclusive also. I do feel Hasbro has gotten better with female figures in the 3 3/4 lines. I think the perfect example is the evolution of female figures in the Star Wars line. Recent woman figures actually look like woman and not drag queens. I'd swear there's some early versions of Princess Leia with an Adam's Apple.

Back on topic, I'm all for more Iron Man charcters/armors, but I hope some of those don't end up being battle damaged versions. Those are cool, but in the movie lines they seem to just take up the space of other unique characters.

With an ugly exclusive also. I do feel Hasbro has gotten better with female figures in the 3 3/4 lines. I think the perfect example is the evolution of female figures in the Star Wars line. Recent woman figures actually look like woman and not drag queens. I'd swear there's some early versions of Princess Leia with an Adam's Apple.

Back on topic, I'm all for more Iron Man charcters/armors, but I hope some of those don't end up being battle damaged versions. Those are cool, but in the movie lines they seem to just take up the space of other unique characters.

yeah, i'm not a fan of "battle damage" either. the ones from the Hostile Takeover box set were good, but I wouldn't have got them unless AFX wasn't giving them for free with orders.

So far, not too many battle damaged versions of Iron Man have been made, have there? The only one I can remember is the aforementioned Hostile Takeover. But no others come to mind.

So far, not too many battle damaged versions of Iron Man have been made, have there? The only one I can remember is the aforementioned Hostile Takeover. But no others come to mind.

Possibly Zombie Iron Man? He looks pretty damaged . . . by Zombies . . . before becoming a zombie.

Seriously though - a figure like IronMan, who has had SO many armour/costume upgrades can hopefully get by on genuine costume variants, without having to resot to 'Battle Damage' variants.

Some characters lend themselves better to battle damaged versions than others. For the most part, I don't think of Iron Man as one of them. Obviously the movie suit got torn up pretty effectively. But to my memory Iron Man usually comes through most fights in the 616 with little more than some scorch marks, or maybe a shredded shoulder piece. Other characters get the snot beat out of them much more regularly, and most of them have already gotten BD minimates made. Punisher could probably use a "how the heck is he still breathing?" version. Thor seems to loose his cape and/or helmet a lot, and those boots come unraveled semi-regularly. He'd be a good candidate for a BD mate. (Although really, if they're going to make another Thor variation, it has got to, just got to be THIS ONE!!!)

Now Tony Stark has been beaten and bruised several times and he'd be a good candidate for a BD mate. There, swerved this back on topic... sort of.

(Although really, if they're going to make another Thor variation, it has got to, just got to be THIS ONE!!!)

I will respectfully disagree.

As for battle damaged figures, we still haven't had a battle damaged comic Wolverine, have we? Crazy.