UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

Appreciate the respone dr. Baghad but properly cite next time. The response was "DSTChuck: YES TRU should be getting a new refresh of product with new figures in any time now. Sorry we did not have enough refrence in time to make the final Battle Minimates." not "Yes IM2 wave 2, but we didn't get reference for Whiplash in time for him to be in that wave". That last word "wave" changes a lot, since the original and correct response did not mention another wave I am still struck with sadness that Mk2 whiplash won't b mde

Context of the quote is important, so if sighting the actual source is that important keep in mind the question was: "Hi, compliments on what you’ve done with the Iron Man 2 Minimates. Since there will be a second TRU series for them, will it feature a final battle Whiplash?"

Paraphrased: Is Final Whiplash in TRU wave 2?

NOT: Is Final Whiplash coming out?

Yeah out of context "we didn't get reference in time" can be VERY bad, but in the context of being asked "Is he in wave 2?" it's a valid explanation as to why we got suit Rhodey in his place. Granted it's the last known wave of Iron Man 2 products, but that doesn't mean it's the last Iron Man 2 products EVER.

It'd be like reading there response of "We've shown all our Ghostbusters products for 2010 already" (I'm sorry: "DSTChuck: I think at this point we’ve showed fans all we have planned for 2010, so well have to see what we want to do next year before I can comment on the variations you thought of. ") as "welp, we're done with Ghostbusters, walking away now!" (which is probably how someone read it, much like how last year everyone thought the line was dead going into 2010, it'll be 'dead' going into 2011 until we're flooded with Peter variants and crazy ghost and then it'll be dead headed into 2012...)

Hopefully you are right but the point still stands. DST Chuck didn't say last IM 2 products ever but he didn't say he would continue with it either. With the Ghostbusters line we can safley assume there will b more in 2011 but THAT was not said for Iron Man 2 minimates..........

No 3rd TRU IM 2 Waves has been confirmed but we can also keep in mind there was no 3rd Wolverine: Origins TRU Wave.

Alas, I wish I was wrong so we can all receive Final Battle Whiplash.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the respone dr. Baghad but properly cite next time. The response was "DSTChuck: YES TRU should be getting a new refresh of product with new figures in any time now. Sorry we did not have enough refrence in time to make the final Battle Minimates." not "Yes IM2 wave 2, but we didn't get reference for Whiplash in time for him to be in that wave". That last word "wave" changes a lot, since the original and correct response did not mention another wave I am still struck with sadness that Mk2 whiplash won't b mde

Context of the quote is important, so if sighting the actual source is that important keep in mind the question was: "Hi, compliments on what you’ve done with the Iron Man 2 Minimates. Since there will be a second TRU series for them, will it feature a final battle Whiplash?"

Paraphrased: Is Final Whiplash in TRU wave 2?

NOT: Is Final Whiplash coming out?

Yeah out of context "we didn't get reference in time" can be VERY bad, but in the context of being asked "Is he in wave 2?" it's a valid explanation as to why we got suit Rhodey in his place. Granted it's the last known wave of Iron Man 2 products, but that doesn't mean it's the last Iron Man 2 products EVER.

It'd be like reading there response of "We've shown all our Ghostbusters products for 2010 already" (I'm sorry: "DSTChuck: I think at this point we’ve showed fans all we have planned for 2010, so well have to see what we want to do next year before I can comment on the variations you thought of. ") as "welp, we're done with Ghostbusters, walking away now!" (which is probably how someone read it, much like how last year everyone thought the line was dead going into 2010, it'll be 'dead' going into 2011 until we're flooded with Peter variants and crazy ghost and then it'll be dead headed into 2012...)

Hopefully you are right but the point still stands. DST Chuck didn't say last IM 2 products ever but he didn't say he would continue with it either. With the Ghostbusters line we can safley assume there will b more in 2011 but THAT was not said for Iron Man 2 minimates..........

No 3rd TRU IM 2 Waves has been confirmed but we can also keep in mind there was no 3rd Wolverine: Origins TRU Wave.

Alas, I wish I was wrong so we can all receive Final Battle Whiplash.

Look at what you said. Compare everything Wolvie Origins to IM2. ;) Which did better, which sells better?? I'd bet on a 3rd Wave of another Boxed set.

I want Final Whiplash too, but ONLY if i get:

Howard Stark

Coulson

Stark Expo table :)

I'm not counting on seeing it unless they specifically announce it. Awesome as it would be to have, there just aren't enough relevant figures left to fill a whole new wave, and I have my doubts that they could successfully pull off repeats a second time.

That being said, they could do a con exclusive 2-pack featuring final battle Whiplash and battle damaged Mark V Iron Man, and you'd pretty much have the last "important" characters.

Howard Stark and Agent Coulson would be nice, but they are basically 2 versions of "guy in suit" which might not move product very well. On top of which, Howard didn't physically interact with anyone. Coulson could always pop up in a future movie wave though, since its suggested that he'll play a role in the Thor movie or at the very least the Avengers one.

i sort of thought, the 'best' way of catering to these last few wants would perhaps be a box set, Coulson, H.Stark, FB Whiplash and yet another Iron Man variation... I don't know, drunk birthday Stark?

anyway, i highly doubt we'll get a FB Whiplash now, as a few have said. With all the other Marvel films on the way, its hardly like we've seen the last of Agent Coulson (that sounds a lot more threatening in my head!), and theres even a good chance we'll see H.Stark in the Cap film.

...was just looking at my shelf with the Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, X-Men and Punisher movie mates all together, and can't help but be impressed by it... just imagine what these collections will look like in a year or two

anyway, i highly doubt we'll get a FB Whiplash now, as a few have said. With all the other Marvel films on the way, its hardly like we've seen the last of Agent Coulson (that sounds a lot more threatening in my head!), and theres even a good chance we'll see H.Stark in the Cap film.

I'd say a VERY good chance to see Howard Stark. Especially since they already cast him.

I'd say a VERY good chance to see Howard Stark. Especially since they already cast him.

ahhhh well, yeah you go

although, i must admit... when i first clicked on the link, i thought... ah dominic cooper... what, he's far too young, what was wrong with the other guy... it was approximately 4 seconds later i'd realised my mistake

ahhhh well, yeah you go

although, i must admit... when i first clicked on the link, i thought... ah dominic cooper... what, he's far too young, what was wrong with the other guy... it was approximately 4 seconds later i'd realised my mistake

Yeah as long as the character continues to be a thinly veiled Walt Disney I'm fine with it.

With all the other Marvel films on the way, its hardly like we've seen the last of Agent Coulson (that sounds a lot more threatening in my head!)

I think he's been confirmed for the Thor movie and it's hard now to imagine the Avengers without him. He might make for a somewhat boring Minimate, but I love the character and would love to have him in Minimate form. Of course, if he doesn't make it into the IM line, I'm not worried with all of the other properties.

I'm not counting on seeing it unless they specifically announce it. Awesome as it would be to have, there just aren't enough relevant figures left to fill a whole new wave, and I have my doubts that they could successfully pull off repeats a second time.

Has relevance ever stopped an Iron Man Movie minimate exclusive before?

-The "Hostile Makeover" set was one new character, a new Tony variant, and then two Battle Damage figures

-The "Stark Expo" set was based on a scene so important it was cut out of the film

-The "Battle Tactics" set was one new Tony, an inferior Ultimate Nick Furry, and two Battle Damage figures

-TRU has three figures that were needed, and 5 redunant figures (we have Tony in a suit, maybe not themed to the Senate Hearing or ExpoTuxedo but we have two suited Tonys already. We have a mark 2, not based on it's look in Iron Man 2 but we have one. If you have a mark 2 then you have TWO Mark 1's and it's not that fancy to being with. And the two drones were already released, if you bought one Dump case and then those drone packs you get 3 of each but if you troop built BEFORE TRU wave 2 was announced you're stuck with extra drones)

-Boarder's Mk4 was a nice touch, though there is NO reason it couldn't have been the default Mk4, and the Battle Damage on Whiplash does not reflect his damage in the actual movie.

For getting 6.5 relevant figures (Raza, Racer Tony, Playboy Tony, Black Widow, Mk 6, Military Dress Rhodes, with half a point for Mk4 sunglasses) we got ELEVEN needless variants. (wether or not you have Ultimate Nick Furry you can add a point to the relevant figures... but UNF is still the better Sam Jackson likeness and more detailed figure)

So nothing is over! There is still a chance for Final Whiplash!!!

To have a new 4-pack we just need to figure out how to fill the following gaps:

-New Character

-New Tony

-Two Battle Damage Armors

So the new character is Final Whiplash we know that.

Now what Tony do we need? (oh pro-tip: If you want a 'Drunk Party Tony', replacing the Mark 4's head with Senate Hearing Tony's works pretty well, switching the head from Battle Tactics War Machine to either Mk 2 makes for his accompanying Rhodey) we could have boxing Tony, that could give them an excuse to release the Blobs slushie since he was drinking something in that scene I recall, we could have a Topless Tony with the jigsaw veins this Racer Tony has a weird black shirt not the bare torso from the prototype.

Battle Damages? Well Mark 5 is appropriate, Mk2 and Mk4 could be done since they probably got scuffed up in the fight, can they put two Final Whiplashes in a set? Because one Battle Damage reflecting the movie would be pretty awesome. I guess they could do a BD Black Widow too, since someone out there wants her in torn clothes I'm sure. Or maybe even a BD Racer Tony to go with the Mark 5, he got messed up before getting the armor.

See, that's more then enough for a 4-pack just following "the rules" but an ideal 4-pack would be:

-Final Whiplash

-a Pepper Pots who looks like Gweneth Paltro (yeah, I spelt it wrong) for once

-Coulson

-Howard Stark

It's theme: "HOWARD STARK used the Stark Expo to show case tomorrow's technology today, after his FINAL defeat at the hands of Tony Stark WHIPLASH detonates his drones, and Ironman must race to rescue PEPPER POTS. Meanwhile, AGENT COULSON heads to Arizona to find a surprise..."

They could release to TRU some sets like:

-Final Whiplash w/Drone

-Battle Damage Final Whiplash w/Drone

then re-issue the Mk4 and Mk 5 packs, those sold out fastest at my TRU (seriously, I can walk in right now and get Mk2/Widow but when I wanted a second War Machine I was SoL) and will probably do so again in wave 2, and if TRU doesn't want more, maybe Boarders will take 'em to go with the DVD they sold well enough the first time if offered a refresher case and a new exclusive they'd probably bite.

Or they could take the Justin Hammer Route with another Army Dump:

1x Final Whiplash

1x Battle Damage Final Whiplash

2x Ironette Dancer (Black Hair)

2x Ironette Dancer (Brown Hair)

3x Ironette Dancer (Red Hair)

3x Ironette Dancer (Blonde Hair)

tl,dr: Yeah, as of right now we're not getting Final Battle Whiplash I'm going to remain hopeful there's some way we WILL get him though, even though as it stands it ain't happening. (at least I have an extra set of Whiplash gloves, a Razor Cylon, an Iron Monger Torso and when I get the Mark 6 a spare drone... it's kitbashin' time!!)

• 2 weeks later...
I just got an email this afternoon from BBTS that the Stark Expo minimates were in stock and will be shipping soon

So has anyone gotten their C2E2 Stark Expo packs in? I ordered through my LCS, but it seems like they should have come out by now.

So has anyone gotten their C2E2 Stark Expo packs in? I ordered through my LCS, but it seems like they should have come out by now.

I got mine through my LCS last month. May 19th to be exact. I saw them at another comic shop too last week so comic shops should have gotten them by now.

I got mine through my LCS last month. May 19th to be exact. I saw them at another comic shop too last week so comic shops should have gotten them by now.

i'm in the UK, and have had mine for the best part of a month now as well

Well, I checked these first thing this morning and there were only 40 of each pack in their system and there's only 22-24 of each now. It doesn't look like they ordered many of these for their site, which is odd since one of the packs has the only non-damaged version of the star of the movie. Maybe they're trying to avoid the same fate as Origins wave 2.