UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

To get this thread back on minimates a bit (LOL YEA RIGHT!)

DST/AA/AFX/TRU/LTS/GOD! can we please have some IM2 minimate exclusives for this Click Me..But You May Need Some Tissues!

NO THANKS! I don't wan't them square & blocky. I like them just the way they are- round & curvy! :wub:

The Ironettes were easily the best part of the movie! Thanks, MF UK!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this was covered, but I figured I'd ask to be sure: Niether my BD Whiplash nor the main-line, normal one came with the energy whips. Were they cut from production, or did I just not get them?l

Yeah you got a screw up there. BD Whiplash didn't come with whips. But normal Whippy should have.

It's pretty ridiculous that the battle damaged version didn't come with at least one whip.

not really because his arc reactor is ripped off and thats what powers the whips(though some non energized drooping whips would have been cool)

Edited by robomate

That WOULD make an awesome Daft Punk costum!! I made a halloween costume last year with lights and all! You're lucky Nessex, I'd love to see them in concert.

PLEASE tell me there are pictures of this glorious sounding costume? Light and all!

post-638-1274119919_thumb.jpg post-638-1274119994_thumb.jpg

Bah ha ha. GOLD!

The only thing wrong is if you've already bought all you were going to buy with the army dump cases. This was the first set of troop builders that had a finite number I was sticking with (8) and now I'll have extras. It's a great move on DSTs part, but I'd have rather seen two other characters in those slots.

Its kind of disappointing that we only get two new minimates in this wave. Where is the

Armored Whiplash

? And they could have at least made the Mark V battle damaged, since he definitely gets some damage in the movie.

To be honest, i really DID think we'd see one or two different characters in those spots.

Maybe a

Drunken 'Speech-Making' Tony with microphone

?

Seriously though - how long are they gonna stretch the IM2 love out? A regular LCS wave, 2 TRU waves, a boarders 2-pack, a Previews 2-pack, an army builder dump-bin and we STILL don't have a

MKII/Final Battle Whiplash

?!?!?!

I hate to whinge, especially when we are seeing so much great stuff come out in Minimate form lately, but my enthusiasm for IM2 Mini's is wearing pretty thin. . .

Official TRU series 2 line-up.

Yes, they're making you buy more drones to get the other two figures. And it's nice to see Rhodey's suit is more blue than the previous add shown.

Re-releasing two if not more (Suncoast Cylon 5 )from the dump-case selection has been the norm with all the BSG dump cases & would have been the same if we'd had the last Terminator Wave.....just the one therefore.

I would have like to see two new characters as well, like the one everyone is asking for under the spoiler tags. I don't need the extra drones, but I'll gladly keep them for custom parts down the road.

Though I do hope that this is the last of the IM2 Minimates. I don't want to see <Spolier Tag Character> be released in a 4-pack with Minimates like battle-damaged Pepper and half-dressed Tony.

Luke has posted on facebook that the IM mates will be in on thursday.............thats gotta be a busy day for him?

quick show of hands who ordered from him

I did :D

Looking forward to getting them as well :)

To be honest, i really DID think we'd see one or two different characters in those spots.

Maybe a

?

Seriously though - how long are they gonna stretch the IM2 love out? A regular LCS wave, 2 TRU waves, a boarders 2-pack, a Previews 2-pack, an army builder dump-bin and we STILL don't have a

?!?!?!

I hate to whinge, especially when we are seeing so much great stuff come out in Minimate form lately, but my enthusiasm for IM2 Mini's is wearing pretty thin. . .

I pretty much second what you said. Heck, why not do four new figures, each paired with one of the army builders. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to have all four in equal numbers.

Given that two of these packs are not only recycled characters, but the exact same sets as in TRU wave 1, it makes me wonder if:

1) these sold so phenomenally well at TRU that they asked for another run, or

2) DST overproduced, and needs to dump some overstock.

I'd hate to see them kill the goose that is still laying golden eggs...

Do we really need to keep using the spoiler tags regarding

Final Battle Whiplash

? They're showing

him

in the commercials now.

Given that two of these packs are not only recycled characters, but the exact same sets as in TRU wave 1, it makes me wonder if:

1) these sold so phenomenally well at TRU that they asked for another run, or

2) DST overproduced, and needs to dump some overstock.

I'd hate to see them kill the goose that is still laying golden eggs...

They did the same thing for the Wolverine 'mates, and I don't think they sold that well.

They did the same thing for the Wolverine 'mates, and I don't think they sold that well.

I'm happy to report there is only one Wolverine movie 'mates pack still available in any TRU around me. It only took them a year to sell out!

Maybe a

?

?!?!?!

We don't have a non-battle damaged Mark VI Iron Man, either. :/

Don't. This thread has been a nightmare from beginning to end. I'd agree there wasn't much choice of how to run it successfully but yep... a nightmare.

Oh, it's fine. I did feel like a dunce, but knowing that a Mark VI Iron Man is on the way makes me feel a whole lot better. :P