UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

I'd also really love a Stark Expo dancing girl.

ohhh... yes, great army builder!

as for the cutting, stuff in the trailers, etc... same thing happened with Incredible Hulk, numerous cuts and edits resulting in stuff from the trailer not making the final cut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, which may or may not have been answered already, but this still confuses me. *MINOR SPOILERS (I think)*

In the movie they said the four drones were Air Force, Army, Marines, and Navy, but that's not what they're called as minimates. Since it was dark I couldn't get a real good look, but does anyone know which drone is which?

I have a question, which may or may not have been answered already, but this still confuses me. *MINOR SPOILERS (I think)*

In the movie they said the four drones were Air Force, Army, Marines, and Navy, but that's not what they're called as minimates. Since it was dark I couldn't get a real good look, but does anyone know which drone is which?

You can view them all at the Minimate Database at this link:

HAMMER Drones

The match up seems pretty obvious to me...

Edited by Binaryan

i would v.much assume...

Navy - Sea Assault

Air Force - Air Assault

Army - Ground Assault

Marines - Tactical Assault

though the last two may be the wrong way around

So yeah. Just got back from the movie, my eyes orgasm'd.

Also

I NEED A GODDAMN FINAL BATTLE WHIPLASH RIGHT NOW! And eventually somebody with a bonus certain item used to prop up the accelerator

Alright, just saw the movie, so here are my thoughts...

First regarding the Hammer Drone(s)...

(Minor Spoilers)

Am I the only one who thinks the basic Hammer drone is a lame ass minimate now? The thing was never even functional! Its entire role consists of standing still and getting its head torn off. Furthermore, why the HELL did it get a Battle Damaged variant!? Doesn't it actually have to do

battle to be battle damaged? Before the movie, I assumed it would be as used, if not more used than the military versions, kindof as Hammer's personal model. But no... we have a minimate of a glorified mannequin, and its battle damaged cousin.

Second, regarding Whiplash...

(Major Spoilers)

I would assume it's more or less a given that if we get him, we'll be getting a Mark II Whiplash as a one-off exclusive somewhere down the pipe line. I dunno why people are speculating on more lame characters they could do for a whole new wave. That well is pretty much tapped. (Did I HONESTLY see someone suggest the kid in the Iron Man helmet? lol)

More characters aren't really needed. We need not get a whole second series necissarily, they could easily just release that set, and the Military Rhodey set from the picture as exclusives in a second Toys R Us wave, along with some more re-releases (IE. Hammer Drones) the same way they did Gambit and Final Battle Deadpool in the second Wolverine wave.

Edited by Gillbob316

i would v.much assume...

Navy - Sea Assault

Air Force - Air Assault

Army - Ground Assault

close , the last 2 are right its

Navy - Air Assault

Air Force - Sea Assault

Army - Ground Assault

and a bad ass War Machine saluting

can someone tell me the amounts of each drone?

9 of each

Can someone put to bed whether the drones in the movie are significantly bigger that Iron Man?

Not like Iron Monger was but they were noticably bigger.

Am I the only one who thought that final battle Whiplash looked like the Iron Monger suit with a different helmet and whips included?

*Minor spoilers*

The exclusive 'mates released with this movie

don't make sense. The scene which relates to the Stark Expo set with Gauntlet Natalie was cut from the movie despite heavy promotion in all of the trailers. She's in that outfit for all of 2 seconds and they never show her wearing the gauntlet. Same with the battle damaged Hammer suit which just twisted itself into oblivion in the film but never actually saw battle.

Makes you wonder how far in advance these things are planned out.

For the Military Ones: There were exactly 8 of each I believe. There's a very slight chance I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure there were 8 of each. When they're first introduced, they each debut in 2 rows of 4, if I'm not mistaken.

For the Hammer Drones: I'm honestly not sure because they weren't that important. I think also 8, but I'm way less sure about it. (Minor spoilers)...

They didn't actually play into the movie much at all. They didn't function, and they never moved. They just stood there as Justin Hammer's non-working prototypes until Whiplash helped him make them function, and turned them into the four military models. Waste of a minimate if you ask me.

EDIT:

This is the scene they debut in, which makes them real easy to count.. Kinda hard to tell from the pic, but like I said, I'm fairly sure each model debuts in two rows of four, totaling 8 of each. The tan ones get cutoff, but you can kinda see them all in the green ones.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/uploa.../030710_im4.jpg

Edited by Gillbob316

Second, regarding Whiplash...

(Major Spoilers)

(Did I HONESTLY see someone suggest the kid in the Iron Man helmet? lol)

you did... I hope no one thought I was being serious!

I'm FAIRLY certain its been confirmed through staff, etc. we're getting another TrU wave. It is v.likely that'd include that Rhodey/Mk.6 as well as

Mk.2 Whiplash

. Even if the drone 2-pack is part of the wave, thats still one more spare slot right?

Is there anyone left here who hasn't seen the movie yet? That way maybe this discussion would get less confusing.

Who's this character, Major Spoilers ? I keep seeing him mentioned but don't recall seeing any pictures?

Oh jeez, don't make me make an avatar of that :lol:

Can someone put to bed whether the drones in the movie are significantly bigger that Iron Man?

Not like Iron Monger was but they were noticably bigger.

Am I the only one who thought that final battle Whiplash looked like the Iron Monger suit with a different helmet and whips included?

He actually was the Hammer Suit prototype with whips. Which may be why the Hammer Suit never made it in as they didn't want to have Whiplash just be "another guy in the suit" and possibly have him upstaged.

Who's this character, Major Spoilers ? I keep seeing him mentioned but don't recall seeing any pictures?

he is the reason some people feel IM2 is a little overcrowded character-wise. He's a disgraced former military leader who never wears more than a soiled nappy... who cartwheels about, telling Tony what's about to happen.

Mk.2 Major Spoilers also wears mittens

Same with the battle damaged Hammer suit which just twisted itself into oblivion in the film but never actually saw battle.

Man, I screamed like a little girl at that part. Worse than the little girl next to me. That seriously gave me nightmares. Really. Either that or it was bad popcorn...

i would v.much assume...

Navy - Sea Assault

Air Force - Air Assault

Army - Ground Assault

Navy - Air Assault

Air Force - Sea Assault

Army - Ground Assault

9 of each

...Nope for both. He was right the first time.

Why the heck would Navy be Air and Air Force be Sea when the Air minimate has thrusters and the like and the Sea has torpedos and fins??? Not to menion the Air is a sky grey and the Sea is ocean-floor black.

And there's 8 of each, 32 in all. That i got from reading the book though; therey specifically state 8.

Oh!! and to everyone with the whole Stark Expo set, they were scenes definitely *supposed* to be in there. There are pictures online of Tony hunched over a table of

his Dad's Expo model

, and the trailer showed 'Tasha with the gauntlet after Tony says "hit it!!" at his

B-day party.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

i would v.much assume...

Navy - Sea Assault

Air Force - Air Assault

Army - Ground Assault

Navy - Air Assault

Air Force - Sea Assault

Army - Ground Assault

9 of each

...Nope for both. He was right the first time.

Why the heck would Navy be Air and Air Force be Sea when the Air minimate has thrusters and the like and the Sea has torpedos and fins??? Not to menion the Air is a sky grey and the Sea is ocean-floor black.

And there's 8 of each, 32 in all. That i got from reading the book though; therey specifically state 8.

Oh!! and to everyone with the whole Stark Expo set, they were scenes definitely *supposed* to be in there. There are pictures online of Tony hunched over a table of

his Dad's Expo model

, and the trailer showed 'Tasha with the gauntlet after Tony says "hit it!!" at his

B-day party.

i'm so glad you said that... thought i'd lost it completely

surely it'll have to include

Final Battle Whiplash

... but who else?

I hope this isn't a spoiler, but what about Crimson Dynamo from the IM2 game? I know he's a stretch as these are technically IM2 Movie Minimates, not IM2 Game Minimates, but from the pictures I've seen of him, the armour looks awesome and would work great as a minimate (they did Iron Monger with no problem).

ironman2_crimsondynamo.jpg