UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any Illinoiser is trying to get the exclusives from the St. Charles Borders store, that's the one my mom works at, so as long as I get one exclusive for myself, I can get any others you want at a discount.

And, if you prevent me from getting my own pack because you want to scalp it, I'll hunt you down. ;)

Hope your mom picked it up because I was there tonight and all they had was one left. PS Illinois was a pain in the ass I Had to hit foour no where near each other to get them...but the borders people were all super helpful.

If any Illinoiser is trying to get the exclusives from the St. Charles Borders store, that's the one my mom works at, so as long as I get one exclusive for myself, I can get any others you want at a discount.

And, if you prevent me from getting my own pack because you want to scalp it, I'll hunt you down. ;)

Hope your mom picked it up because I was there tonight and all they had was one left. PS Illinois was a pain in the ass I Had to hit foour no where near each other to get them...but the borders people were all super helpful.

Were any of them the Schaumburg one, because that's the one I plan on checking, if I ever get around to it.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I stopped by the local Borders yesterday and the exclusives were located near the Manga/Anime stuff. That and the Marvel Select figures were right near each other. They had a couple of the exclusive packs, 1 Iron Man/War Machine, 1 Pepper/Drone, 1 Happy Hogan (who looked eerily similar to Agent Zero. . .one of the most useless exclusives of all time due to him being a generic looking civvie in a suit)/Drone, and 1 regular Mark IV/Whiplash. They were $8 each. The Marvel Select Mark IV was supposedly also a Borders Exclusive.

BD Whiplash has an impressive "grill" of gold teeth.

I got my TRU shipment last night, overall I'm very happy with these sets. I also got "Bow-Legged" Rhodey, but it seems like the bowed legs help him stand a little better. I wonder if this was an intentional design change? Maybe to better accomodate the armor? That may explain why the problem seems limited to Iron Man/War Machine mates?

I just wish the tampo for Black Widow's chest piece detail (get your mind outta the gutter) was a little easier to see.

On the hunt for the Borders mates! All of my local Borders show them as "in-transit", so hopefully this week or next.

Edited by youbastards

A big thanks to whoever posted the item number for minimates at Borders!

Local store got them in today and with the number and some helpful employees they were able to find them buried in the backroom.

The case had 3 exclusive sets, 1 Hogan/Drone, 1 Pepper/Drone and 1 Mark V/War Machine.

Picked up one exclusive, Hogan and Pepper sets and was on my way.

A big thanks to whoever posted the item number for minimates at Borders!

Local store got them in today and with the number and some helpful employees they were able to find them buried in the backroom.

The case had 3 exclusive sets, 1 Hogan/Drone, 1 Pepper/Drone and 1 Mark V/War Machine.

Picked up one exclusive, Hogan and Pepper sets and was on my way.

Well I think that was me :-) you are welcome brother, that's what we do here... Like help each other... Btw.. Congrats on the new haul!

got home from borders and the clerk gave this number... 3081956 for the minimates... so i guess if you want to call them and ask them about it... just give this number...

this should work i am heading to an other borders today so i will give it a try.

The one I went to at lunch today had 4 exclusives, 1 Hogan/Drone, and 1 Mark V/War Machine. I would have liked to have gotten Pepper instead of the Mark V/War Machine, but at least they had the exclusive.

Were any of them the Schaumburg one, because that's the one I plan on checking, if I ever get around to it.

The exclusive was they only one they had left try the naperville one they had the best seletion

hey quick question if anyone here is going to c2e2 can u pick me up the exclusive packs the natalie and tony two pack and the battle tactics box set that would be greatly appretiated thanks a bunch ohh and pm me if u can thanks again

just in case anyone hadn't noticed or what-not... the C2E2 2-pack is available through Luke's Toy Store

hey quick question if anyone here is going to c2e2 can u pick me up the exclusive packs the natalie and tony two pack and the battle tactics box set that would be greatly appretiated thanks a bunch ohh and pm me if u can thanks again

just in case anyone hadn't noticed or what-not... the C2E2 2-pack is available through Luke's Toy Store

And the 4-pack will be available on AFX's site (not to mention probably everywhere else) eventually.

I lucked out and both my borders and one my buddy went to as a back up for me in ny had the exclusives. Since he go it and then told me I now have an extra one. If someone is going to C2E2 & still needs one of these I will trade you the set & some $ for the 4-pack & 2 pack.

hey here are some pictures of some of the mates that have not been seen and some that have

for your enjoyment:

P1030313.jpg

old movie ironman new movie ironman

P1030314.jpg

comic book warmachine new WM

P1030315.jpg

regular IM borders exclusive

P1030316.jpg

borders whiplash regular whiplash

P1030318.jpg

single pack drone wave drone

P1030317.jpg

old pepper new pepper

Can't say I like the face on the new Pepper. It looks really big when compared to the old one and I feel it brings it down in quality.

Do like the look of the new armours though, and the Army Builders are awesome (got my first batch last week :D).

Went to the Borders in Tigard OR they had one labelled "Borders Exclusive" the battle damaged Whiplpash then two with Potts and drone not labelled Exclusive. Does that mean they will be available in another wave? So confused as i am not a packaging variant just want one of each figure, oh the humanity!

Went to the Borders in Tigard OR they had one labelled "Borders Exclusive" the battle damaged Whiplpash then two with Potts and drone not labelled Exclusive. Does that mean they will be available in another wave? So confused as i am not a packaging variant just want one of each figure, oh the humanity!

Borders has 1 exclusive with battle damaged whiplash and Iron Man with sunglasses on. the rest that borders have been getting are the same that will be in the normal wave.

I went to my borders on my way home from work today and looked around for a minute and didn't find anything so I asked a dude at the CS desk and he said that the Salt Lake City area store called yesterday looking for them and he seemed to remember his manager saying that they were getting some so he called his manager and she walked up to me with one of the exclusive packs. So I asked where they were on the floor and she took me over to a random column in the middle of nowhere with shelves on it and they had one other pack on the bottom shelf. I was happy to get the exclusive set and yet a little disappointed that they didn't have all the rest of the wave like others have been reporting. Oh well, glad to have the set now. I bought the other set they had as well for a friend.

The guy at my Borders went hunting in the back and came out with six sets: four of the exclusive pack, one regular Mark IV/Whiplash, and one Pepper/Drone. I grabbed one of the exclusives and the Pepper/Drone set and moved on to Toys R Us, where I found nothing. I'm hoping to be able to hit another Borders or two sometime soon, 'cause it would be great to get the variant set without paying the big markup that comic shops always slap on those. So far I'm digging these, though the Mark IV chest is a bit bulky and keeps him from putting his arms all the way down.

And for anyone else who was breathlessly waiting for an answer on this, the first thing I did with my Mark IV was put his helmet on the old Mark III. It looks absolutely perfect and fixes the one huge flaw with what is otherwise a great Minimate. And Sunglasses Tony wasn't going to be wearing that helmet anyway, so everybody's happy.