UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tons of detail indeed, and I don't think it's too much. The drones kind of lost the Minimate feel in the details. This guy, though, I think preserves pretty well the basic form.

I for one like this armor. I'm more excited to see it in the movie than the Mk VI.

The design is growing on me. And I like that they didn't just repaint the standard IM movie chest.

This is the blurb from the card back of the Mk V 3 3/4" inch figure, which offers more "explaination" behind what we've seen in the trailer:

The one drawback to the Iron Man armor is that it isn't very portable, so its only available when Tony Stark is home. That's why he invented the Suitcase Armor. Though not as powerful as other suits, its light and compact enough to take almost anywhere, concealed in a simple suitcase.

This makes sense storywise. They've established Tony can't put on or remove the standard Iron Man armor without a complicated mechanical rig. And he's outed himself as a Iron Man, making him a target to retaliation. So some version of a portable armor Stark can bring with him would be a must unless he's going to become a recluse. And we know that's not happening.

I stopped by TRU to check for wave 6, and my friend who works there found listings in their computer for Iron Man minimate S1 and S2. So maybe there will be another set later in the summer like they did with the Wolverine movie minimates.

he didnt happen to say when they might be coming out,did he?

they can't tell that from looking in the computer. the first series is showing on order at the warehouse, but not pending yet. But there sometimes isn't a lot of lead time between the 2. when I used to work there, some items will go to pending to the warehouse, to on the very next truck a few days later.

I stopped by TRU to check for wave 6, and my friend who works there found listings in their computer for Iron Man minimate S1 and S2. So maybe there will be another set later in the summer like they did with the Wolverine movie minimates.

they can't tell that from looking in the computer. the first series is showing on order at the warehouse, but not pending yet. But there sometimes isn't a lot of lead time between the 2. when I used to work there, some items will go to pending to the warehouse, to on the very next truck a few days later.

You wouldn't happen to have gotten the six digit code for these by any chance, would you?

You wouldn't happen to have gotten the six digit code for these by any chance, would you?

next time I stop by there I'll get the SKU number for both listings.

Despite not being a movie based minimate fan (Wolverine ones still sit on TRU shelves)...it's Iron Man and well...I'm a sucker for Iron Man armors. I already broke down and bought Marks I through VI and movie War Machine in the Iron Man 2 line Hasbro put out.

I'm so weak. T_T

Edited by MST3KFan

I went and found the new trailer last night.. the mini based on the Mark V is brilliant! It is a cool idea for a more portable Iron Man armor and the minimate does it justice.

I agree that certain movie licenses like X-Men/Wolverine don't translate quite as well to minimate form.. My favorite minimates have color and costume and (more recently) armor, masks, gloves, etc. Minis like Movie Silverfox have to be explained when on display.. Iron Man Moviemates do not. Spiderman movie mates were ok for the most part but had some clunkers that didn't sell.. overall Iron Man Movie Minimates are by far my favorite movie line. The miniature armors are so detailed and tiny that even non-minimate fans appreciate them. I get comments all the time on my Iron Man 1 movie mate blasting off of my desk at work.

I love the funky look of the Mark V.. it will probably be my new favorite for a month or so until more minimates are released.. ha ha ha

Vox

Anyone else notice that the Iron Man single pack boxes have been removed from afx's website?

Hard to believe they would stop taking pre-orders.

Well, they have stopped taking pre-orders in the past, but it seems it's only when they pre-sell all of what they ordered. I'm really thinking these might become hard to find at some point.

AFX is now showing wave 35 (and the Spidey Friends & Foes set, incidentally) as due in April. I'm beginning to wonder if these got switched to wave 34's end-of-April release date instead. That would kind of suck.

---

EDIT

---

BBTS changed their expected arrival date to April, too.

Luke, have you gotten any word from DST about a release date change, or are they keeping you in the dark?

Edited by Lobsterman

You remember how confused we were when 35 was initially anounced as being released ahead of 34? My guess is in all the rush to beat the Chinese New Year, 'the factory' got confused too. We all know that the chances something will get royally screwed up increases in direct proportion to how much you're rushing the job. It's not a knock on DST or anything, that's just life.

i didn't see this posted so i'm doing it. previewsworld.com has listed the new release date for the armybuilders for this wave:

SUPPLIER/TITLE

ITEM CODE

OLD DATE

NEW DATE

DIAMOND SELECT TOYS LLC

Marvel Minimates: Iron Man 2 Army Builder

JAN101420

03/03/10

03/24/10

so itt looks like we'll get these before the actual wave? that's booty, son

i didn't see this posted so i'm doing it. previewsworld.com has listed the new release date for the armybuilders for this wave:

SUPPLIER/TITLE

ITEM CODE

OLD DATE

NEW DATE

DIAMOND SELECT TOYS LLC

Marvel Minimates: Iron Man 2 Army Builder

JAN101420

03/03/10

03/24/10

so itt looks like we'll get these before the actual wave? that's booty, son

Praying that the army buliders come with the iron man 2 lcs wave to toy's r us canada.MUST ARMY BUILD EARLY!

Luke, have you gotten any word from DST about a release date change, or are they keeping you in the dark?

Unfortunately DST doesn't give retailers much more information than consumers, and most of the time they don't respond to retailer inquiries about release dates.