UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

poking around online, i found this now, with a later date: http://www.scifigenre.com/itemList.aspx?si...ExpandToID=4583

do we have reason to fear?

Since we still have to get through waves 33 and 34 being released that date doesnt look that bad...plus it is still before the movie opens which has got to be a plus right

Jeff of the Miniacs

Right, but don't forget that wave 34 got pushed back to late April to accommodate the March release of wave 35. I wonder if they're flipping them, or if 34's being pushed further back to, say, May or early June. That's my bet...

I dont think they are flipping them since we have already seen the packaging pics for 33 and 34 along with tru waves on the blog, which so far has meant they are due to be hitting shops within a certain time frame after that depending on where you are located....generally after packaged shots go on the blog 3-6 weeks later they show up in stores so we havent seen packaged shots for the lcs wave 35 mates yet but have seen the TRU IM2 packaged shots...maybe these will be like the W:O mates last year and the TRU ones will hit before the movie opens and the lcs wave just after

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come armed with information... I spotted the 3 3/4" Iron Man 2 toys at a local K Mart, they included the Mark V and Mark VI. I read the card backs. Turtle, NorthRaider... the theories presented by you were both correct.

Which means we're do at least one more Iron Man minimate somewhere.

I saw the Mega Blocks armory set and it included a pic of a Megablock like silver and red iron man. Hmmmmm.

this has been pretty well discussed on Super hero hype boards for some months now

MOVIE SPOILER

the silver/red armor is a fold up "suit case" quick suit up type armor,thrown to the race suit clad Tony by Pepper, during whiplashes attack on Tony at the grand prix race,

Edited by Mattallica

What are the chances that these hit TRU tomorrow when the rest of the Iron Man stuff comes out?

You must have a very disiplined TRU. Our has had all the IM2 stuff out for two weeks.

I asked on Friday when they might hit and was told that they may be on the Tuesday night truck. The regular IM2 stuff, not the minimates.

From todays' 'Ask DST' misc. Q&A:

Bob White

Will the Iron Man Mark IV Borders exclusive be offered online or just in stores? I’m hoping not to have to go to eBay to be able to get one. Thanks

DSTChuck: To be honest I don’t know Borders’ intentions. Its their first MM exclusive with us so I hope they offer it everywhere but since they are buying by the assortment it might be hard for them to offer the MM on their website.

Now, I'm assuming Chuck meant Marvel Movie exclusive, since there's a Marvel Select Iron Man exclusive to Border's, but is there a chance there's a MK IV Minimate exclusive to them also?

Edited by groundhog7s

My local stores are all nazis on release dates so if it has a street date we never see it before then so I got my IM2 figures at Target this morning but my TRU didn't have anything new out on the shelves at all. New minimates today would have been much more enjoyable, oh well time to practice my least used virtue. . . . patience.

From todays' 'Ask DST' misc. Q&A:

Bob White

Will the Iron Man Mark IV Borders exclusive be offered online or just in stores? I’m hoping not to have to go to eBay to be able to get one. Thanks

DSTChuck: To be honest I don’t know Borders’ intentions. Its their first MM exclusive with us so I hope they offer it everywhere but since they are buying by the assortment it might be hard for them to offer the MM on their website.

Now, I'm assuming Chuck meant Marvel Movie exclusive, since there's a Marvel Select Iron Man exclusive to Border's, but is there a chance there's a MK IV Minimate exclusive to them also?

I'm sure if that was the case we would have heard about it by now.

For the benefit of the jury, the "clotheslining" in question:

Let’s start off with the obvious, you all do great work - you can already hear the “but” right? The but is that you’ve answered in a handful of Q/As now that Mini-mates is your grand, multi-verse/property spanning line and that’s great… for those who buy them. I have to be brutally honest though when I say that while Mini-mates are “cute”, “kitschy” and even moderately “interesting”, I have no desire to own any of them. Ever. Now, your mini-mates answer typically comes in response to questions about diving into the 3.75 pool and I want to make sure you understand that for every Mini-mates I will never buy, there are numerous 3.75 properties I WILL buy assuming the quality is there (take a page from Playmates’ recent Star Trek line… and burn that page). I would happily shell out a Hamilton (though 8 Georges would be ok too) each for the crew of the Serenity, for 3.75′ish scale Colonial Vipers and for well-done versions of the Enterprise’s many crews for starters. Now for the question part of the question: why not 3.75? Is it patent related? Does Hasbro have patents on most useable forms or articulation at that scale (maybe this explains Mattel’s unfortunate foray into the field)? Is it trademark related? Does going to that scale involve purchasing different rights to the various brands? The Mini-mates have got to be a success or you guys would have stopped making them long ago - that being said, if you got these properties out there at 3.75, I suspect they would go through the roof. Thanks again for all your great stuff.

DSTChuck: Sean, I think you kind of made my point for me…You like 3 3/4 inch and Minimates are not your thing, right? Well DST likes Minimates and 3 3/4 is not our thing. Maybe someday, but not right now. The argument I hear most for 3 3/4 is so you can have lots of licenses in one scale, well we have that with Minimates and while MM might not be for everyone, 3 3/4 is not for everyone. If you are correct that tons of fans will come out of the woodwork to buy these figures at that size then I guess we’ll have to wait for another company to take that chance and make those figures. I’ve never said DST would never work in that scale, but it’s just not something we’re looking to concentrate on right now.

Right now I'm still in the middle of wrapping my head around the Minimates vs. 3.75-scale debate. I know we've discussed how mates measured up to lines like Lego, Kubrick, etc. before, but this is an interesting topic to argue. While I don't quite agree with Chuck that the Minimate line is as prolific as the 3.75-scale license-wise what with it being restrained to one company and all, aesthetically speaking I am one of those people who really aren't into 3.75 that much and would prefer buying stuff like Minimates. I find they have a sort of compact charm to them that larger, more detailed scales don't quite capture.

In any case, go Chuck! :buttrock:

I do collect the 3 3/4 line a little - mostly just x-men characters, and i have to say that over-all i prefer the MiniMates.

Having come from the collecting the ToyBiz marvel legends, i've found the Hasbro Marvel Universe figures to be a little light on the details - so that bias might impact my preference for MiniMates.

The QC does seem to be a little bit better on MiniMates. I think there is often more detail considering the size difference too and you get two MiniMates for a little bit less than what 1 marvel universe figure costs here in Australia.