UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... Wouldn't it been easier to release the Black Widow with the Senate Tony and skip the line padding re-releases? And what about the Mark VI? Or the much rumored armored Whiplash? Sorry just seems like padding to me.

according to the title card at toyfair, these will be hitting stores on march 10th now, not the third

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mod...800&start=0

Actually, the '10 refers to the year (2010), not the day of the month. Just look at the other cards on display.

Sorry if this has been discussed already!

Alright, this is probably an incredibly stupid idea and is just pure speculation, but I got down to thinking. Could it be possible the "Hammer Drone" is actually Justin Hammer? I mean, the Drone kind of looks like it's wearing glasses, and on top of that it's the only "Drone" that has a humanoid appearance. Not to mention in the trailer we saw, none of the robots IM/WM are fighting look anything like the "Hammer Drone".

It probably will just end up being something of a prototype, but I'm just hopeful we'll see a villain with better armor than Whiplash. By the looks of things with that pile of junk on he wouldn't last long against Iron Man, let alone him and War Machine, so I'm thinking we'll see another villain after him.

I don't know, McDurg. I think I'd be a little ticked if Hammer actually armors up for a final confrontation with Stark. No, not because he's never done it in the 616, but because the writers/director have gone out of their way to avoid a straight up armored guy v. armored guy final fight. I mean, it's why Vanko is Whiplash this time around instead of the Crimson Dynamo. And if we were going to have an outright armored antagonist, I'd rather it have been a cool looking Dynamo.

All of which doesn't mean your guess is wrong. I'd just be disappointed.

I don't know, McDurg. I think I'd be a little ticked if Hammer actually armors up for a final confrontation with Stark. No, not because he's never done it in the 616, but because the writers/director have gone out of their way to avoid a straight up armored guy v. armored guy final fight. I mean, it's why Vanko is Whiplash this time around instead of the Crimson Dynamo. And if we were going to have an outright armored antagonist, I'd rather it have been a cool looking Dynamo.

All of which doesn't mean your guess is wrong. I'd just be disappointed.

I feel similarly. It would be so lazy and predictable. However, film producers have rarely gone broke relying on the lazy and predictable!

We showed Iron Man II director Jon Favreau, who also plays the role of Happy Hogan in the movie, the new Diamond Select Toys Marvel Minimate figure based on his character and asked him what he thought about it on Twitter. His response, "It's a dream come true!"

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12817

EPIC!!!

Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. Some of you are making this out to be as bad as Barakapool. What, there can't be a sleeker armor? If it's any consolation, Stark is constantly changing/upgrading armors, so I doubt you'll see this armor beyond the end of IM2.

End? It'll be replaced in before the last act by the Mark VI. I haven't seen enough to judge one way or the other. It's hard to tell anything from this Mega Blok thing, and the only other thing we've seen are purloined prototype toy pics and a fuzzy back of package picture.

See, all this does for me now is bring up the whole "which armor is REALLY showing up in wave 35?" can of worms all over again. I keep forgetting which Iron Man is which whenever I check the wave proto pics...

There's the Mark III from the first movie, the rumored Extremis-looking one (which is apparently Mark VI), and now the Silver Centurion-looking one (which now appears to be Mark V). So that makes hypothetically three red armors from the sequel we just have to worry about memorizing.

But WAIT! The regular wave only has TWO Iron Man slots, with the old Mark III already being one of them. Which means that the "leftover" armor will be a TRU exclusive.

... uh oh.

EDIT: ... and I just realized I must've skipped Mark IV somewhere. Egads.