UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

(Although really, if they're going to make another Thor variation, it has got to, just got to be THIS ONE!!!)

I will respectfully disagree.

As for battle damaged figures, we still haven't had a battle damaged comic Wolverine, have we? Crazy.

Yeah, I'd rather see a Beta Ray Bill also......

------

How about this for a Battle Damage Wolverine:

everybodydies.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i guess we can guess what the wave actually is now; going back and reading the Press Release on it, it mentions a "secret" Iron Man.I'm guessing that this Iron Man is the Extremis-based Suit we saw in the trailer...which seems to be the "main" armor. Of course, like Monger, it'll probably get 5 minutes of screen time. (Take that Venom!! you and your 5 seconds. :rolleyes:)

Then there's the "army" we saw in the trailer and eBay. No, i won't say the name out of fear of trouble brewing, but we know what it looks like, and some know it's name already. Quite frankly, i think it looks cool, and really hope that somewhere along the lines, someone says "they were built from the finest Titanium alloys in the world." ;)

And then there's the boxsets. BD Iron Man is almost a given, but who are the other 8?? Most likely:

Black Widow

BD Iron Man

Tony Variant

"Mk II" Whiplash (face it; he ain't wearin trash the whole movie. :P)

But that leaves four more...i hope it ISN'T:

Hammer

BD War Machine

BD "Other" Iron Man

Tony Variant

Because that is just overkill. Hell, there aren't that many characters in the damn movie!! Hopefully, and it is a stretch, but hopefully:

Comic Companion Set:

Iron Man armor Variant (he's got thousands. Not to hard to pick one)

Whip/Basklash

Iron Monger

Crimson Dynamo

I'd love to know what DST is thinking going for so many, after mishaps like Hostile Takeover and Wolvie Origins. Hell, you can imagine TRU wants exclusives too, so that's at least 4 more right there. I really hope, for DST's sake, that they don't completely fuck this up. :confused:

Was the Hostile Takeover box set really that bad, I got two of them myself. Although i sold one of them. I thought they were a pretty cool set especially with that terrorist guy they threw in, although i would have to say that having the set as an AFX exclusive, which was expensive, was weird. Not the best but also not the worst. IMHO.

(Although really, if they're going to make another Thor variation, it has got to, just got to be THIS ONE!!!)

I will respectfully disagree.

As for battle damaged figures, we still haven't had a battle damaged comic Wolverine, have we? Crazy.

Yeah, I'd rather see a Beta Ray Bill also......

Guess it's all in how you look at it. I consider Bill a separate character from Thor, not a variant. But then I don't see Rhodey's WarMac as an Iron Man variant either. I do want a Beta Ray Bill.

The frog not so much.

Back on topic, there was a very odd looking movie armor figure seen on eBay that was different from the "Mark IV" or the Triangle Unibeam suit seen in the trailer. They were calling it the "Mark V" on the package, and it had a red and silver color scheme. Not at all sure that shouldn't be taken with a salt grain, but... well... um... there it... there it is. (sorry, channeling Jeff Goldblum there for a minute.)

Maybe the red-and-silver Mark V is the armor with the triangle unibeam? What was the shape of the unibeam on the eBay figure? How many armors does Tony get in the sequel anyway?

Before I get confused by the number of actual Iron Man armors in the movies:

First movie

Mark I: the "built in a cave with a box of scraps" one

Mark II: the sleek all-silver one with the icing problem

Mark III: the first official red-and-gold one

Assuming that the Mark III gets completely demolished (in the final battle versus the Iron Monger) by the end of the first movie, this is how I imagine the progression of armors might go in the sequel:

Mark IV: presumably just the Mark III rebuilt from scratch with some minor improvements thrown in. This one still has the old circular unibeam, at which point (if the trailer is to be believed) Tony starts noticing the old tech taking a toll on his system.

Mark V: could begin its development somewhere in the middle of the story, then show up either immediately afterward or in the climax/ending. Unless there was a sixth movie armor I didn't know about, this has got to be the new-and-improved armor with the triangle unibeam Tony dons in that battle alongside War Machine. Depending on whether the rumors/speculation is true, this could be either the Extremis armor or the red-and-silver armor Mirymate was talking about (Silver Centurion?)

EDIT: Holy crap, I think I just got an idea of how the sequel's full narrative might go :ohmy:

Edited by NorthRaider

Maybe the red-and-silver Mark V is the armor with the triangle unibeam? What was the shape of the unibeam on the eBay figure? How many armors does Tony get in the sequel anyway?

It was very different: Toy Mark V Card Back

As you can see, no triangle, very odd silver plating. Back of the package picture calls this Mark V. I don't know. Looks non-cannon to me, but there it is.

Before I get confused by the number of actual Iron Man armors in the movies:

First movie

Mark I: the "built in a cave with a box of scraps" one

Mark II: the sleek all-silver one with the icing problem

Mark III: the first official red-and-gold one

Right.

In keeping with Tony's not going back philosophy, he probably would not repair the Mark III, and just built the Mark IV. Aside from the gold highlights we've seen in the trailer and the toy, I'll assume he reworked the power consumption issues.

Now something will happen over the course of the movie, I'll assume it'll be Whiplash initially making mincemeat out of the Mark IV in round one, that will cause Tony to rework things yet again. We've seen the tri-beam suit in the advertising, and at the end of the trailer. Considering what the round unibeam represents in these movie, I have to assume changing it is going mean something significant. We also have that funky action figure, which looks like it's got some kind of electrical properties. Insulation maybe? I don't know. Do I think it'll be in the movie? No idea. But it's possible we could see three different armors for Tony this movie.

Now something will happen over the course of the movie, I'll assume it'll be Whiplash initially making mincemeat out of the Mark IV in round one, that will cause Tony to rework things yet again. We've seen the tri-beam suit in the advertising, and at the end of the trailer. Considering what the round unibeam represents in these movie, I have to assume changing it is going mean something significant.

My theory is kinda related to the one you had before about

the arc reactor technology possibly really being stolen from Vanko after all

in the movie. I believe that a string of events (most likely both Tony's deteriorating health and his guilt/accountability over

Vanko's stolen tech

) will force Iron Man to abandon the arc reactor tech entirely and come up with a completely new way to fix his heart, which may lead to the Extremis armor or something similar.

We also have that funky action figure, which looks like it's got some kind of electrical properties. Insulation maybe? I don't know. Do I think it'll be in the movie? No idea. But it's possible we could see three different armors for Tony this movie.

As for the "insulated" armor you mentioned, my guess is it it's either the Mark VI or perhaps an alt-mode for the Mark V (like the "Modular" armor in the comics)

It was very different: Toy Mark V Card Back

Any chance we can get a pic on here and NOT have to join that forum?

Seconded!

Okay, Okay. I hear you. ;)

How about an eBay auction for the Mark V here. This auction is for the Mark III, and has the card back

I don't think WM is MK IV, so I wonder what the heck MK IV looks like.

I don't get the jump from MK II to VI, from the cardback pic, MK III and MK VI look pretty much the same.

well im pretty sure the MK IV is pretty similar to the MK III but with small more aireo dynamic changes.

Now thats a nice looking minimate :) Anyone notice the casing stuff on the side of his arms?

All right, let's go over this again.

A list of possible Iron Man 2 armors we know vaguely about:

1. this early pic (rightmost armor) - looks like a slightly more streamlined Mark III

2. the weird-looking silver-plated one from Miry's cardback pic, unofficially "Mark V" (I'm guessing this'll serve as more of a transitional/experimental armor like the Mark II did in the first movie)

3. the newer red/gold armor with the triangle chest beam (possibly the one from the trailer where he fights next to War Machine)

I think the confusion here is over:

a. whether Tony still uses the original Mark III from the first movie or whether he replaced/rebuilt it entirely

b. which model the rumored armor with the triangle chest beam is

c. what the eff is the deal with that Mark V

d. how many Iron Man armors really appear in the sequel (Miry mentioned three armors. The Mark V makes one, and the triangle-beamed one makes two. But is three as completely new armor or is it just the old Mark III?)

And again, for the sake of clarity let's not muck things up more and declare War Machine an Iron Man armor!

Edited by NorthRaider

baghead, we had to pull info on the blacked out mates down before at DST's request. Not wanting to get anyone in trouble.

NR,

We know there's a Mark IV, with a round chest beam and more gold in the design. In NR's picture you can see all four. There you can see the MK I, recovered from Stane's lab, the MK II, the shot-up MK III, and then the shiny new MK IV with the gold stripes on the round unibeam chest-plate. So we can safely say there's a MK IV.

After that things get dicey.

The eBay figures come with no accessories, no interior packing in the clamshell. Every other figure in that line comes with at least some kind of weapon and something called "armor cards". You can find pics here. That means this is clearly a packaging mock-up from much earlier in the process. So that may mean that the label calling it the Mark V may be wrong. Or it may be, as NR suggested, that the MK V will be an interim testing armor for a revised power system... that apparently runs through his crotch. (which considering this version of Stark would make a degree of sense, but I digress)

We also believe that there's an armor with a triangle chest-beam. We've seen glimpses of it in the final battle in the trailer. And like the MK III in the first movie, this armor is being used in all the toy packaging art. Now are we sure it exists? Not really. That armor in the final fight could be the MK IV. And since comics armor is being included in this toy line, we could be looking at the armor Tony will be wearing in the comics.

I'm sure things will be clearer as we get closer to the release of all this stuff.

Edited by Mirymate

Well, i don't know if this applies to the movie or not, but I know that the Hot Toys company, from Hong Kong, released a press release and is making 1/6th scale figures for the Iron Man II movie. They mentioned that they were making Bruce Banner, Nick Fury, Iron Man MK 4,5,6 and War Machine. Any thoughts?

Edited by rx78jj

They mentioned that they were making Bruce Banner, Nick Fury, Iron Man MK 4,5,6 and War Machine. Any thoughts?

Banner? BANNER!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well this is easily the most exciting development I've heard in a little while regarding Iron Man 2.

Have they retracted the statement yet? If not, what actor does Banner look like? After all, Norton and Marvel aparantly had a falling out... Good God, they've kept THIS under wraps really damn well!

Edited by Trekker 42