UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Promo Flash Ring??

So apparently, along with the Black Lantern and old GL rings given out at SDCC, Geoff Johns was ALSO promoting Flash: Rebirth with a bunch of promotional Barry Allen Flash rings. Well, Barry is most definitely MY Flash and i'd love to put his ring next to my "Hal" ring, where it so rightfully belongs. Well, there are a few on eBay, but i can't find a "review" for the life of me.

Basically, does anybody have one?? I'd love to hear what you think of it, because i'm thinking about getting an eBay account just for this. Like to know if i actually SHOULD, though; while i WANT the Barry ring, i'd like to know if i NEED it. Get what i mean?? :blush:

i heard the quality aint as good as the bn promo rings, I wanted one too, since Barry's the man, but I'll have to pass on it, I for one think it aint worth it, if the quality isnt good.

Edited by SErge

I have one and I love it!

and I thin it is better then the BN rings...not as thick but also it fits better on my hand anyways....I wear it frequently to proudly display my geekness even if it is a big yellow, dentist ring as my wife says lol on a related note my set of BN rings came today and man do I love having them all! they look great all displayed together

Jeff of the Miniacs

Still have my plastic, flip-top Flash ring that came with the first DCD Flash/Kid Flash set. I need no other. Or rather I didn't used to... let my son play with it this summer and havn't seen it since. It's in the house... somewhere...

Here is a cheap auction I found once I read this.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=160378095483

Yea, i had seen an even cheaper one without the Green Ring, but i don't have the old "Recharge" ring either, so i may shoot for that one. Or both. :P

Thanks for the great words guys. Really helping my decision. DCD made one?? Huh...besides the promo i thought the only one was the "not meant to be worn" "Statue" version. Might have to take a look at that one. And it definitely looks "better" than the Blackest Right rings, with this one being a 100% sculpted ring and the Lantern Rings being a ring-shape with different "tops" clued on. Want it either way though. :)

Oh, and i only need one more Ring after finding a SDCC Green Hal (who looks great next to the Blackest Night figures, btw); RED!!!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Yea, i had seen an even cheaper one without the Green Ring, but i don't have the old "Recharge" ring either, so i may shoot for that one. Or both. :P

Thanks for the great words guys. Really helping my decision. DCD made one?? Huh...besides the promo i thought the only one was the "not meant to be worn" "Statue" version. Might have to take a look at that one. And it definitely looks "better" than the Blackest Right rings, with this one being a 100% sculpted ring and the Lantern Rings being a ring-shape with different "tops" clued on. Want it either way though. :)

Oh, and i only need one more Ring after finding a SDCC Green Hal (who looks great next to the Blackest Night figures, btw); RED!!!

the red ring is pretty awesome....I'll post a pic with them later on!

Jeff of the Miniacs

the red ring is pretty awesome....I'll post a pic with them later on!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Not to derail my own thread, but s it plastic or painted?? I know the green SDCC one was painted gren, and that thing is chipping like Hell.

Actually, i won't derail. Is the Flash Ring molded yellow??

Next weeks green and red rings seem to be just like the rest of the BN rings and molded plastic....I have knocked them around quite a bit and there is not a mark or chip on them

as for the flash ring it is molded yellow plastic

Jeff of the Miniacs

ya'know looking at that flash ring up closely ,thanks to minijeff's pic, makes me realize how cool it really is!, hence forth I take back everything I said about the flash ring, you should definitely buy it!

• 1 month later...

Well, that saves me making an eBay account and hunting a few down. Now i'll be able to have packaged and wearable, since i plannedo n picking up the title anyway. :) Do i really need more Hal Rings though?? <_<

Yes. :P I just wish they'd change the design. So, this poses the question: When The Legion gets there own title soon, DO WE GET LEGIONNAIRE RINGS TOO?!?!?!?!?! I want a COMPLETE Ring collection after all. :)

So, this poses the question: When The Legion gets there own title soon, DO WE GET LEGIONNAIRE RINGS TOO?!?!?!?!?! I want a COMPLETE Ring collection after all. :)

Well, there is some kind of new Legion book coming out sometime this summer, I think. Could be a good opportunity for DC to put one out there.

that new flash ring looks incredible, i had v.much been planning on getting my hands on the new series, so that a huge added bonus. is that GL ring exactly the same though?

oh, and i've got my beautiful set of BN rings in front of my now. I used a little silver paint to bring out the symbols on them... they're so pretty!