UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How about some Nintendo Mates?

Super Mario Bros wave

Mario and Bowser (I could see him done like Slimer or washington square ghost)

Luigi and Yoshi

Peach and Toad

Variant of Mario: Wario

Acessories:

fireball

green and red shells

goomba

Legend of Zelda wave:

Link and Zelda

Ganon and Sheik

Generic Zora and Generic Goron (army builders)

Variant: Dark Link

Acessories:

bow and arrow

clear bottle

master sword

Hyrule Shield

I think these would be awesome waves. Who's with me?

EDIT: doh just saw the thread below. can a mod move this?

Edited by Chronotrigger

• 2 years later...

ZP5lX.gif

But I would like to see it expand beyond Mario and Zelda. Even within the NES universe of properties alone you've got Metroid, Kid Icarus, Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!!, Donkey Kong, Pro Wrestling, 10 Yard Fight :D , etc.

But Mario and Zelda are the only ones us hard core want . ....But Kid icarus:Uprising minimates would be beast !

Honestly, I don't think Mario and Luigi would work well as Minimates unless they have the sculpted nose and ears. You kinda need those things for those guys, and in general, Minimates don't have noses at all. I figure you could better get away with that stuff with guys like the Punch Out!! boxers. Samus would need to have a sculpted head of course. I would much rather classic over nu character designs across the board, but I know that nostalgia gets trumped by what's new and hot to some extent.

Metroid is my big want. Nintendo doesn't like to licence their properties but if they knew about the popularity that the Minimate brand has now Nintendo mates could be made. In my opinion Nintendo mates would be good for both companies so if I were DST I'd try to get this licence.In contrast with knex toys DST and minimates have a big fan base which is growing bigger everyday. Add to the fact that there have been little to no Nintendo products (which means that every nintendo fan will buy them) and you have a sure hit. Sure the playstation line didn't do so well but it was Sony's fault. They should have opened with more well known characters like kratos and snake. Not many people know that character who had good games on the ps2 (jak). Hell, even the company who made those games (naughty dog) has forgotten about him.

I agree that the lack of interest in Playstation 'Mates was due to the character choices. I was only vaguely familiar with most of them, and the only really hot characters released (from the Drake series) were beyond boring. Boring =/= good Minimates IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

I dont know if mario would look good but... OoT 3D adult and Young link ! OoT 3d didnt come out to long ago . They still have a chance.And zelda MM mates !!! I would so buy 10 copys of each series !!!And they have Skyward sword to make zelda mates too.