UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mortal Kombat Minimates?

oh yeah,i think they would rock and also do well in the market of selling.Each charactor is one of a kind and colorful witch would also help the sale and of course.And last it is Mortal Kombat

oh yeah,i think they would rock and also do well in the market of selling.Each charactor is one of a kind and colorful witch would also help the sale and of course.And last it is Mortal Kombat

One of a kind characters??

Street Fighter.

Colorful??

Street Fighter.

Video Game Franchise??

Street Fighter.

Insanely popular with a cult following??

Street Fighter.

Who failed at the MASS MARKET?? I'll give you a hint; it wasn't Marvel. ;)

Video Game fans just don't seem to be into action figures, surprisingly, unless it's Halo. My FYE and TRU have brought in tons of cases of video game figures. I'm pretty sure only one case sold. That'd be Halo. There just isn't a market for them anymore. Hell, the perfect to cash in on this would have been Mortal Kombat VS DC, and if DC had the license they would have cashed in on two licenses at the same time. OH well.

Oh, and there IS a Mortal Kombat Minimates thread somewhere in here already, bud. ;)

Mortal Combat is a licence that has been brought up several times in the Ask DST series over at ArtAsylum.com.

It would be an awesome series, but the guys have basically said that after the failure of the StreetFighter licence they don't think Mortal Combat would generate enough interest to warrant putting the mates into production.

im just saying i think they would do well. let me rephrase ,if they produced the right Characters in the mortal kombat line i think they would do well, witch i also think is one of the downfalls of the streetfighter line they should have started with more original charectors.I wont disagree street fighter is a colorful line im a street fighter fan myself and have the ones they put out.

They could introduce them in a DC Universe vs. Mortal Kombat line of Minimates. You should ask DST for that one. I personally think Chuck would like that one.

that would be a cool line, ill ask tonight why not

They could introduce them in a DC Universe vs. Mortal Kombat line of Minimates. You should ask DST for that one. I personally think Chuck would like that one.

NO!! That was sarcasm!! He was mocking all of the "DC surviving??" and "Street Fighter soon??" questions!! Don't ask it again; they have no control over DC Minimates.

NO!! That was sarcasm!! He was mocking all of the "DC surviving??" and "Street Fighter soon??" questions!! Don't ask it again; they have no control over DC Minimates.

i know, its o.k. so was I

• 1 month later...

I dont think the SF minimates are all that bad, and I do plan to get a set of them. :biggrin:

I think the character selection could of been better. From Street Fighter I can think of the following.

Ryu

Ken

Chun Li

M.Bison

Sagat

T-Hawk

Cammy

E-Honda

Zangief

Dhalsim

Blanka

Vega

Guile

Akuma

Balrog

Adon

Gen

Sakura

Fei Long

Dee Jay

Birdie

Remy

Ibuki

Dan

I think those should of been pushed first ahead of characters like Demitri and Morrigan??

Thats about 24 characters in original colour selection so thats about 6 sets of 4? I think Demitri and Morrigan was a good idea to add darkstalkers characters to the line, but just not that early on.

Going back on Topic to the Mortal Kombat minimates, it seems unlikely they will do them if the SF ones didnt sell too well, which is a shame, as i'd of loved to seen them released.

Edited by Urban Saboteur