UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Stands and Dioramas!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This device does not actually travel through time"

How long have you wanted to get to post a disclaimer like this one, Luke? :P

Considering he controls the timestream, I'd say no time at all!

Edited by Cappy

:D that looks great I cant wait to order one of those for m a.i.m. agents (though would you be offended if I used it for a teleporter station?)

p.s. i love yor displays even though i havnt ordered any of them yet(i do plan to) and i wantd to know if you will ever restock your non-batteldamaged training room?

Thanks guys! :)

p.s. i love yor displays even though i havnt ordered any of them yet(i do plan to) and i wantd to know if you will ever restock your non-batteldamaged training room?

No, the problem with the original training rooms is that the molds kept breaking down as I made casts, and the clean smooth edges started degenerating into rough (battle damaged! :P ) edges. No matter which brand of silicon rubber and resin I use, I can only get a half dozen copies made before things start to break down. And new molds are expensive and time consuming to make.

So, like with this new time travel platform (a.k.a. teleporter / biggest loser scale ;) ), I am working on different methods of making dioramas.

Thanks for the comments guys! I actually made a flying stand, but I had a lot of trouble casting it, so I pushed it back to Series 2 in March. It will need some modifications still. Besides the casting troubles, I also didn't have the foot pegs high enough, so the mates would fall off easily. I will start reworking it after the holidays are over, and hopefully have some previews pics in late January. :)

Hey Luke, are you still working on the flight stand? I was wondering how it was coming along, I've wanted to buy multiple flight stands for years, without having to get multiple packs of unnecessary mates.

Hey Luke, are you still working on the flight stand? I was wondering how it was coming along, I've wanted to buy multiple flight stands for years, without having to get multiple packs of unnecessary mates.

Unfortunately I have been having the same molding/casting problems with the flight stand as with everything else. However, due to a large oversupply of Menace/Anti-Venom packs, I will be making that set into some new customs, and selling the gliders and flight stands separately in the store.

Unfortunately I have been having the same molding/casting problems with the flight stand as with everything else. However, due to a large oversupply of Menace/Anti-Venom packs, I will be making that set into some new customs, and selling the gliders and flight stands separately in the store.

*Raises Hand enthusiastically and puts in a request*

However, due to a large oversupply of Menace/Anti-Venom packs, I will be making that set into some new customs, and selling the gliders and flight stands separately in the store.

Count me in for a few of those!!

I know I'd want to buy some

Wow! That would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
I put December 9th as the initial ship date for the dioramas, but this will get moved back once I receive more orders than I have produced. It is first come, first served as I am able to produce these, although I will give special priority to any secret santa orders.

Once again, thanks for all your suggestions throughout this thread! :)

Luke I put in my order about a week ago for two sets of walls and the site stated the ship time would be around 4/14, is this timeframe still on?

I put December 9th as the initial ship date for the dioramas, but this will get moved back once I receive more orders than I have produced. It is first come, first served as I am able to produce these, although I will give special priority to any secret santa orders.

Once again, thanks for all your suggestions throughout this thread! :)

Luke I put in my order about a week ago for two sets of walls and the site stated the ship time would be around 4/14, is this timeframe still on?

Yours will be the first to ship in the current batch I am working on. It needs a few more days before it is finished. I try to stick to my schedule as best as I can, but having two toddlers makes that a little unpredictable. :)

I will be updating the date on the web site for any new orders when I push my next big update through on Tuesday (which will include the flight stands ;) ).

its cool man, i am in no rush just wondering is all.

Flight stands? sweet. Any chance of stylized stands? I think a curved one would make a great jumping, action pose while an ice slope could give the ice men some height.

(last request/idea) how about a robot factory display? something like slots for mates, a work bench and some monitors. it can be used for iron man, sentinels and also random bad guy lairs where the slots can be used for torture detention.

• 1 month later...

Presenting the Industrial Diorama!

diorama02.jpg

As the image says, this diorama comes with 5 different stickers that you can use for the background of your scene. The base itself has an industrial appearance (hence the name). Some of the pieces are glued together, but others can be swapped around.

Since these are made from existing pieces, instead of being hand molded and cast, they fit together perfectly every time. Check out some of the quick scenes I set up:

diorama03.jpg

diorama04.jpg

diorama05.jpg

This set will go up for order next week! :)

I will already testify to the awesomeness of this new diorama as I have one! It is awesome and I will be adding a couple more to my assortment of backdrops for my comic work once I can! Keep up the excellent work Luke!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I will already testify to the awesomeness of this new diorama as I have one! It is awesome and I will be adding a couple more to my assortment of backdrops for my comic work once I can! Keep up the excellent work Luke!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Are these going to be available for awhile Luke?

Are these going to be available for awhile Luke?

Yes, I expect to keep making and restocking these. The older dioramas (broken wall/window and training rooms) will be retired once I run out of my current stock.