UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm

Cyclops, Rogue and Beast (thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou) done in the Jim Lee style... with Hellfire goons

There's only three slots left, and one of those is the variant...

I'd LOVE it if we had a 90's Jean Grey and Nightcrawler... but then one of the other three would need a variant... so... which seems more likely? Dark Beast or Rogue variant?

So wave 34 so far is:

Jim Lee Cyclops

Jim Lee Rogue

Beast

Hellfire Club guard

Jim Lee version of Storm is coming out soon with Black Panther and they just released Gambit, Wolverine and Psylocke. Nice, So far we have all of the 90's BLue Team.

I hope they do a Jim Lee Jean Grey and hope Nightcrawler is getting released again.

DSTMatt just posted this on Twitter:

So who thinks they can guess the remaining three Minimates? Get it spot on and win some zombies! http://bit.ly/2aeDpO

Oh, that's evil, DST. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

Zombies? So they still have extras of the old Marvel Zombies boxset? And how do you "enter" anyway?

Nightcrawler?

Jim Lee Jean Grey?

variant: green dress Marvel Girl?

i am HOPING for Lim Lee 90's Jean Grey. Mr Sinister. Varient Neal Adams Jean Grey (Green dress, yellow/gold pointy mask).

Although - if it's a Jim Lee series, maybe the villain will be Omega Red?

Edited by Nessex

I don't plan on guessing (since I already have zombies), but I'd guess from Matt's hint that there will be something spectacular about at least one of the remaining releases. To me, that says something like an amazing Mr. Sinister, Omega Red or even Prof. X in the hoverchair. To me, the guesses that are just regular characters are missing it.

I don't know TBT about the Wolverine mate cause with that set they just did with Gambit, Sabretooth, Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool and the Skrull. The designs were Jim Lee inspired considering they had the X belts on right?

Erm hello people!!! Xmen wave without Wolverine? I don't think so!

my guess would be:

90's Jean Grey

90's Wolverine ( brown costume)

Either Black queen or Goblin Queen as variant!

You would think so, but several waves before this one have dared to roll without any members of the Holy Trinity (Spidey/Wolvie/Iron Man).

Then again, we won't have seen a Wolvie mate by this point for four waves, and the brown costume is a pretty obvious remake with all of the updated Wolvie parts...

Edited by Lobsterman

Well the Hellfire guard isn't exactly what I was hoping for, I really think he should have had a slip on mask, the thing that always stood out to me about Hellfire goons was the mask seemed three dimensional, like someone wearing an art class blank mask over their own face, if that makes any sense. However, based on DSTMatt's comment, I believe this is either a very early prototype and the end result will be much better, or they'll arm him to the teeth like they did Deadpool. Either way, good to know there's more to him than meets the eye.

As for the final three, I'm thinking Jean Grey, Brown Wolverine, the variant escapes me though. If I could pick, I'd want a Dark Beast, but I'm not sure who they'll end up throwing in. Maybe Morph, haha.

Wolverine brown would be welcome... but then you'd likely have a Omega Red to go with... then would mean no 90's Jean, which would officially cause a fan uprising.

Unless it's Cyclops with Hellfire Guard with Jean Grey variant... but that'd just be cruel.

Since Rachel came with Senitels, I think the 90's Jean with Black Queen variant is probably the likely guess. Darn it.

And look forward to the days of 'no Squirrel Girl?' hysteria.

I want in on this. SO BAD.

I'm pretty much hoping for Jubilee and a new Nightcrawler. Those two would be welcome additions to my collection. :)

This wave looks really good so far. I'm more of a fan of the modern looks, but Rogue looks AMAZING! The Hellfire guard will look great with my White Queen.

Could we possibly be getting a Madalyn Pryor? I would love that.

I'm just loving Rogue whilst Beast is nearly 'there' although the ones we've previously had wouldn't take much beating. I am however also cringing in expectation of a Colossus..... as my expectations for this set are such that it will be the most misspelled set of characters in a Marvel Wave thus far. I actually struggle with Pheonix & Collossus myself but Rouge & the aforementioned Madalyn Prior & Senitels are just taking the piss <_<

I'm just loving Rogue whilst Beast is nearly 'there' although the ones we've previously had wouldn't take much beating. I am however also cringing in expectation of a Colossus..... as my expectations for this set are such that it will be the most misspelled set of characters in a Marvel Wave thus far. I actually struggle with Pheonix & Collossus myself but Rouge & the aforementioned Madalyn Prior & Senitels are just taking the piss <_<

Right that's it everyone lets make a habit of getting at least half a dozen words per post wrong and see if we cant send BHM over the edge ;)

I actually have a huge issue with phoenix I always want to put the OE as EO and have to go back and correct it.

T.

While the idea of guessing for prizes is cool on it's face... it better not be an excuse just to drag out this reveal till next weekend.

I’m pretty sure she was initially intended to be a woman in her late 40's. The white 'skunk' stripe was meant to be greying at her temples to indicate her age, but was misinterpreted by the artist drawing the books at the time.

What makes you think that? Ive never heard this theory before. I don't think Ive ever seen "older women" depicted in comics as having a stripe of gray heir either.

I’m pretty sure she was initially intended to be a woman in her late 40's. The white 'skunk' stripe was meant to be greying at her temples to indicate her age, but was misinterpreted by the artist drawing the books at the time.

What makes you think that? Ive never heard this theory before. I don't think Ive ever seen "older women" depicted in comics as having a stripe of gray heir either.

I think that Nessex is referring to the greyness of older characters like Reed Richards....check out his Minimate form & his hair *

*which is on his head unlike his heir who is Franklin. ;)

Something's slightly off about the Hellfire guard. But oh how he is welcome.

I'm guessing for the final three:

Wolverine- brown suit update

90's Jean

Variant green dress Jean.

I always thought that Rogue's grey stripe had something to do with the "stress" of absorbing Ms. Marvel's powers or something. But I don't have anything to back that up, and I haven't read any of the more recent back story stuff about Rogue. In fact, now that I think about, my childhood explanation makes about as much sense as unstable molecule pants.