UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

Oh, man, this wave just became a must-buy. I grew up with Jim Lee's X-Men, and as such those costumes are the ones I'm most familiar with. Take the newest Psylocke, Gambit, Wolverine, Archangel, Colossus, and my custom Bishop, and add Beast, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and the upcoming Storm, and you've got a perfect Jim Lee X-Men team!

Now bring on the X-Villains, DST! Omega Red, Mr. Sinister, Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Toad, new Mystique!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many Jeans?!?

SI Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

New X-Men Jean

X-Men #1 Jean

X-Factor #1 Jean

Black Queen Jean

90's Jim Lee Jean

*Ultimate Jean

*X3 Jean

*X3 Phoenix

What about White Phoenix Jean, Here Comes Tomorrow Jean, AOA Jean, Marvel Girl Jean, the AWFUL red and yellow post-Cyclopalypse Jean, X-Factor #63 Jean, Uncanny X-Men #262 Jean, X-Men #27 Jean, Red/Yellow X-Factor Jean, bald X-Men The End Jean, fiery angel Earth X Jean and of course... Fat Old Lady Earth X Jean.

And then there's Maddy...

* = For some reason my mind was hesitant to acknowledge Ultimate & X3 continuity... Hmmmm...

Edited by DSTMatt

All and all a good wave I suppose but Rogue is really the only must have for me. Ill end up with all of them but I wont go nuts hunting them down.

"Dazzler/Longshot 2-pack"

Has a nice ring to it, don't it?

I've quietly had that very thought, it's my secret shame.

There is no shame in that. Well maybe Longshot is a little shameful but Dazzler would rock. As long as it was "Disco" Dazzler no stupid blue outfit. I'm talking bell-bottoms and roller skates. Anybody read that issue of The Initiative where Johnny Guitar is thinking about how he went up against Dazzler years ago when she was still hot? I had a nice laugh at that.

Didn't think they'd follow through. Didn't think the marketing dept. would allow a X-Men wave without Wolverine and was fully braced for Wolverine Brown as the last reveal.

I can't remember the last time I've been this happy to be wrong.

Nice wave. I agree it's a "catch up" wave, but speaking as someone coming late to the party I am not complaining.

Let's see...

Improved Beast - check

Improved Rogue- check

Improved Cable- check

Improved Doc Ock- check

That leaves Juggernaut, Bishop, Nick Fury, Ronin, and Mystique on my "needs a re-release" list.

Edited by Mirymate

Clearly someone has been carefully researching all the different Jeanies out there. . ."Through the Ages" set, perhaps?

As for the brown Wolvie hate, though I know that I am in the minority, I'm personally pretty bummed out about our getting Jean in that awful looking outfit over him. We need an updated brown Wolverine. Of course, we did not need 20 some-odd Logan variants that we got with the movie-Mates and "Through the Ages" set, in my opinion.

I'm just gonna assume that they are holding brown Wolvie back for another forthcoming Secret Wars box set--

-updated brown Wolverine, 80s Rogue, mohawk Storm, She Hulk (or something similar).

Too many Jeans?!?

SI Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

New X-Men Jean

X-Men #1 Jean

X-Factor #1 Jean

Black Queen Jean

90's Jim Lee Jean

You left out the X3 Jean with variant X3 Phoenix, Matt. Or was that on purpose? ;)

Too many Jeans?!?

SI Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

New X-Men Jean

X-Men #1 Jean

X-Factor #1 Jean

Black Queen Jean

90's Jim Lee Jean

You left out the X3 Jean with variant X3 Phoenix, Matt. Or was that on purpose? ;)

Left out Ultimate Jean as well, so I suspect he's only talking about 616 continuity in that list.

Too many Jeans?!?

SI Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

New X-Men Jean

X-Men #1 Jean

X-Factor #1 Jean

Black Queen Jean

90's Jim Lee Jean

What about White Phoenix Jean, Here Comes Tomorrow Jean, AOA Jean, Marvel Girl Jean, the AWFUL red and yellow post-Cyclopalypse Jean, X-Factor #63 Jean, Uncanny X-Men #262 Jean, X-Men #27 Jean, Red/Yellow X-Factor Jean, bald X-Men The End Jean, fiery angel Earth X Jean and of course... Fat Old Lady Earth X Jean.

And then there's Maddy...

Matt, there's no such thing as too many Jean's. You can never have enough Jeans. Never. The naysayers are just jealous. :P I will take them all. Even while "gone" currently she's still one of the top ladies of the Marvel Universe.

Do I smell a Here Comes Tomorrow Jean translucent powered up and variant powered down version in the future?

Oh and a white phoenix with gold metallic parts? All with phoenix bases of course. drool.

Jean love :biggrin:

JeanGreys_wallpaper-1.jpg

Edited by Chronotrigger

Why do all of those Jeans have jazz hands?

They're not jazz hands. They're phoenix pimp slap hands. lol

I was looking back and wondered what was bothering me about 90's Jean. It's a great minimate, but she looks a little top heavy because of where her belt is and how it extends across the entire figure. Wouldn't it look better if there was a belt piece that went over the t top of the t-crotch piece like the new x-men belt piece or cyclops belt piece instead? Anyone see what I mean?

13831_184942618224_76429063224_2964.jpg

Really dig this wave, it's just a damn shame we didn't get any good villains. :(

Selene was just a total waste of space, why couldn't they of thought of someone better? Oh well, the X-Men still look great, never been a fan of the character Jean whatsoever but it makes for a great minimate.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG JIM LEE JEANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DST, I LOVE YOU.

I'm so sorry i lost my patyience earlier, DST. You really scared me into not thinking we'd get her here, though. And if she wasn't here, the only other place would have been a TRU Exclusive...at 2 per case...So i cannot believe i just saw her. She looks so incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The detail is spot-on, both torso and face (love the face, btw), and her sculpted bits are extremely great. You've saved what i thought would be a wave that i'd hate, and i don't even have to buy extra Jeanies and ruin what should be a great Minimate. And boy, is she great.

DST, i never thought i'd say this after D'anna, but it's official. You've just given me my new favorite Minimate of all time, and i cannot thank you enough...I'm so giddy beyond belief right now. I really want to happy dance. :) She's pure perfection.

While some of you don't really like the wave, or some of the choices of the wave, I personally give big props to DST and AA for bold choices.

They could have easily put Wolvie into the wave. But they didn't. While I would have liked to have seen a new colossus, or a new nightcrawler, I personally love the wave.

Now I just have to wait for AA to send me my prize :)

Whilst I'm ecstatic about the X-men box sets coming from AFX ,I'm pretty non-plussed about this wave. It's got some great characters but they aren't as close to my heart as ,dare I say it , they are to all you young whippersnappers . Great news for those Jim Lee fans amongst you & I dare say they'll grow on me after I dig out some more old comics from my 'cave' from this era .....which #s particularly relate to the main characters (other than the #s shown in the thread) ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Admittedly I'm more of a Bronze-Age/616 fan, but this wave will make many happy and is over-due (see, I can be a good sport...at times!). Actually, despite my personal lack of interest (more stoked for FA), I expect this wave to be one of DST's all-time greatest-sellers due to the grand-scale familiarity with this particular era due to the animated series.

Still, while not the biggest of X-fans, I do echo the sentiment that we desperately need to see Toad, Avalanche, Pyro, Mr. Sinister, and an updated Juggernaut (well, more MU villains in general).

If you are disappointed by the lack of a brown Wolvie, here is your solution and the reason why DST likey held off on releasing him.

We have a Dark Avengers Daken and 2 different Gaijin Wolverine's to get claws from. So we have a full updated body already. Swap out your favorite Wolverine head (You probably have 20 or so) and you are all set.

I must say, I am quite happy about this wave. Like so many others, these are the X-men I grew up with, so It's cool that we are getting so many of them. I can't wait to give my X-men a much needed update! That said, we do need some X-baddies, but there time will come. by this point, I don't ever get angry if a mate I want is not in one wave, becauseI know will get them sooner or later!