• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks better than I anticipated.

So now officially, this wave should be:

Jim Lee Cyclops/Jim Lee Jean Grey

Jim Lee Beast/Jim Lee Rogue

Black Queen Jean Grey/Hellfire Goon (hopefully with extra pieces to make him a Reaver)

*variant* Black Queen Selene/Hellfire Goon

Edited by karamazov80

Huh, no JL Jean. Odd.

I stand corrected. :D

All in all, this shall be an interesting wave. Though as far as all-X-Men waves go, it's still full mostly of redos with the exception of Selene and the army builder so it doesn't quite trump the awesomeness of Waves 28 and 31/32 (if only due to their breadth of new characters in Minimate form).

Wait for it... wait for it...

I feel the same way. A lot of people wanted this era, and these are the versions of the characters I'm most familiar with (from the cartoon. I didn't get involved in the comics until a few years ago). But at the same time, we've got a small army of Cyclops already, Rogue isn't much different than the one we've already got (though I'm glad they fixed the hair), and Beast is just a more bulked up version of the Secret Invasion set.

Overall, I'm happy, but I admit that the more recent assorted waves of figures from all over the Marvel Universe have spoiled me a bit.

I think this one serves more as a "catch up" wave for new comers, while giving those of us who were here all along some new clothes.

Edit: Pic

post-24-1258037329_thumb.jpg

Edited by drgnrbrn316

What Northraider says is true, but it is good to mix in waves of rehashed characters between the waves with more original characters, I think. For the purposes of pacing, of satiating a more "general" audience who will be more inclined to buy more well known characters, for giving us newer and better versions of older figures, and for the purpose of satisfying hardcore collectors who are just missing their favorite variant. People have been moaning for that absurdly strapped and pocketed Cyclops and ridiculous looking Jean Grey since time immemorial, and Rogue desperately needed a more recognizable Minimate, frankly. So, this is a good wave that will satisfy a lot of people.

When all is said and done, wave 28 will stand out as one of the all-time great Marvel waves, I think.

well, it was fun and what a fun wave! 90s jean looks good! and agreeing with others, SI jean is THE jean for me. but still sweet, 90s xmen. Now heres hoping a tru pack with jubilee/ xavier. ;)

Was not expecting her, she looks good. I'm happy for all the people who really wanted one. I hope now after this series and the two boxsets DST gives Cyclops, Beast and Jean a much deserved rest.

*cues the announcement that TRU series 6 will feature variations of Beast, Jean, and Cyclops*

I like how she looks, and I like the overall wave. I appreciate how in the last year we've gotten a huge amount of new characters and announcements for more new characters. So I'm sure they will do right by us and hook us up with some xmen and avengers villains. I'm just getting ancy waiting for when the heavy hitting villains from someone other than spiderman are going to get some mates.

Haha, nice. I wonder what JL figure they'll sneak into wave 6, they seem to add a complimentary figure to recent waves in some of the TRU series, but almost everybody's done now, except Jubilee and Long Hair Bishop. Both of which I could honestly do without, I like bald Bishop, and Jubilee just worked my nerves although I'm sure I'm in the minority on that. I still like my Morph idea, with double sided face so you can make him brainwashed Morph.

I like how she looks, and I like the overall wave. I appreciate how in the last year we've gotten a huge amount of new characters and announcements for more new characters. So I'm sure they will do right by us and hook us up with some xmen and avengers villains. I'm just getting ancy waiting for when the heavy hitting villains from someone other than spiderman are going to get some mates.

Agreed, at bare minimum we need: Kang, Klaw, The Mandarin, The Lizard, Baron Zemo, Mr. Sinister, Stryfe, The Void, Dormammu, and Songbird.

My basis for those particular people was they are either the Arch-Enemy of someone who has been 'mated, or the last member of a villain team such as Songbird, or someone who has been such an important player in the MU they deserve a spot. If anyone feels I'm forgetting someone let me know, I probably am.

Haha, nice. I wonder what JL figure they'll sneak into wave 6, they seem to add a complimentary figure to recent waves in some of the TRU series, but almost everybody's done now, except Jubilee and Long Hair Bishop. Both of which I could honestly do without, I like bald Bishop, and Jubilee just worked my nerves although I'm sure I'm in the minority on that. I still like my Morph idea, with double sided face so you can make him brainwashed Morph.

Actually, by the time this wave comes out we will probably be on TRU Wave 8. And I would love to see both a Jubilee and a mullet Bishop. :)

DST hasn't had a wave with 4 females in it since wave 10.

Well, the upcoming Wave 33, actually. Between these two waves, the miniverse hasn't seen this many women since BSG!

"Dazzler/Longshot 2-pack"

Has a nice ring to it, don't it?

I've quietly had that very thought, it's my secret shame.

After further inspection, the Selene mate is kind of bugging me. Not the character, mind you, but the execution. She's got a funky muffintop thing going on -- a fatal flaw of trying to do a bare midriff minimate. The Jean one works because her corset goes all the way down, but Selene here, trying to be all sexy with her little strappy things, looks a little... chunky.

Is that bugging anyone else?

Dude, she's a block figure and proud of it!

And all you Black Queen nay-sayers: give it up you know you'll be buying into it. Maybe not for the characters, but there's some great custom fodder there. I'm really liking the cape they're wearing.

And all you Black Queen nay-sayers: give it up you know you'll be buying into it. Maybe not for the characters, but there's some great custom fodder there. I'm really liking the cape they're wearing.

Oh, absolutely. Not naysaying her and I'll certainly buy her. I just have to chuckle when Minimates have love handles. :)

And, yeah, between Moon Knight and these lovely ladies, Dr. Strange is going to have some serious cape envy...