UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the last mini was Mastermind. Was it not him responsible for turning/brainwashing Jean into think she was Black Queen.

Unlikely. They are saving him for the inevitable "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" box set with early green Pietro, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind, and Blob.

What if the last mini was Mastermind. Was it not him responsible for turning/brainwashing Jean into think she was Black Queen.

Unlikely. They are saving him for the inevitable "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" box set with early green Pietro, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind, and Blob.

They'd probably find a way to get Toad in there to finally finish off that poster from way back when. In a way it's almost bizarre to me considering how many variations we've had of Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, we don't have that many X-Men villains or Brotherhood members. The sheer number of Wolverines makes the fact we just recently got comic Sabretooth seem all the more bizarre. I'm holding out hope for Omega Red soon.

Anyway, Selene looks good, I'd honestly rather she be the main release and Black Queen Jean the variant, but that's just me. I don't think it will be brown suit Wolverine anymore, because the last three reveals have all been either new characters or practically new in the case of BQJ, closing the reveals with "Wolverine with a new hat" would really be going out with a whimper, not a bang. Not saying it won't happen, but I think they'll surprise us.

closing the reveals with "Wolverine with a new hat" would really be going out with a whimper, not a bang. Not saying it won't happen, but I think they'll surprise us.

I was kind of thinking that, too. It would have to be a pretty fracking amazing brown Wolverine to not be a bit of a buzzkill for this wave...

I can see the last reveal being Mr. Sinnister, to be packed with Cyclops, leave a main villain for the last reveal. I can't see JL Jean being an exclusive for a TRU wave though. With all the guess's this week on who the remaining characters could be, all those guess's could easily make another wave in the future, for example

Collossus (redo)/ Omega Red

JL Jean Grey/ Brown Wolverine

Jubilee/ Brood? (plus a variant)

Maybe JL Cyclops is the variant. That would piss a few people off too.

They're pretty much in a corner here, in that whatever they announce to finish this series off is going to piss some people off. If they say JL Jean is the variant, then TTF burns down the DST offices. If they don't announce JL Jean at all, then TTF burns down the DST offices. If they say Wolverine is in the series, then those suffering from the over-saturated Wolverine market will burn down the DST offices. If they announce Jubilee, then I burn down the DST offices, because there was some remnants of Ady's hat, it just took them a few days to work their way through his digestive system.

Very funny post, but honestly, everything DST has ever announced has pissed off someone here :P Being pissed off at DST announcements is like our national sport...

My only real knowledge of the Hellfire Club is "that place Emma Frost came from," so my fetishmates will be going straight up for trade I think... Our imaginary Jim Lee wave would've been sweet, but I agree we'll at least see Jean show up sooner or later.

Well, this wave had the potential to be one of those "OMG OMG This is sooo awesome OMG" waves, but the Black Queens fall a bit short. Having either one as a variant would have been icing on a cake, but now there's too much icing. Which isn't a bad thing. I'm happy to have both. It's just not mind blowingly awesome. But really, when the Hellfire guard was announced as the army builder, we all should have known that the cohesion and awesomeness as a wave we were looking for wouldn't be there. It's not a homerun wave, but it's not a strike-out either.

Edited by Turtle

I'm torn.

I have always liked Selene as a character and am happy to see her in minimate form.

On the down side is a Jim Lee Jean is looking unlikely. If nothing else, DST hasn't had a wave with 4 females in it since wave 10. It's not impossible, but it's unlikely.

So at this point, I'm hoping to get a Nightcrawler or an X-villain out of this.

I'm not disappointed in this wave, I'm just not a huge X-Men fan, so to me, its been more fun seeing everyone else's reaction to the announcements. There is a bit of a let down that so many of these characters are ones we've had before, even if in other costumes. That's why I was hoping for more villains, which makes the inclusion of Selene a plus for me, though I can understand the implications that JL Jean is being left out are saddening.

I do wish they'd quit putting new characters in the variant slot, though.

I like the wave as is, I might like it a lot more tomorrow depending who the final 'mate is. I'm glad they finally made this Cyclops, I feel it is the definitive outfit for him, same with Rogue although I liked the first one just fine. Beast will likely become my default Beast. However, I just wish sometimes they could make the default versions up front, which would allow us to get more new characters in future waves. They've been making Cyclops since the beginning and only now is the most well known look for him being released. Same with Beast, and while I think she looks good I don't feel like we needed anther Rogue, at least not as much as some others. I'm not saying this to bust DST's chops, I love what they put out and buy almost all new 'mates except for stuff like the X3 wave. I'll gladly pick these up, so it's not that I don't like what they're making, it's more a suggestion. Make the best ones up front, the Marvel Universe is too extensive to have 9 Cyclops, when he's not even at Wolverine levels of popularity. The JL one is awesome, but I can't help but think of all the other X-Characters we could have by now. Don't get me wrong, I love 'mates and will always buy them, this isn't a petulant "Do this or I'm leaving" post, but I feel like this wave would be a bigger deal if we weren't getting so many redo's of characters, especially considering the one a lot of people wanted (JL Jean Grey) isn't even in the wave.

We already have two box sets of Jean, Cyclops and Beast on the horizon, I have to wonder about the logic of filling half a wave with them around the same time. The Wolverine Comic Wave had two redo's, but it also had three MUCH REQUESTED characters in Gambit, Deadpool and Psylocke. Was there anyone out there aching for a Black Queen Jean?

Was there anyone out there aching for a Black Queen Jean?

You mean besides Logan and Scott? And Xavier at one point?

Beast will likely become my default Beast. However, I just wish sometimes they could make the default versions up front, which would allow us to get more new characters in future waves. They've been making Cyclops since the beginning and only now is the most well known look for him being released. Same with Beast

I get what you're saying, but if we'd gotten this Beast and Cyclops 25 waves ago, people would likely want updated versions now to reflect the current level of detail, as they do with all the early mates we got in their iconic looks (and as we're starting to actually get, with Spider-man villains and Wolverine etc)...

As disappointed as some people are, I'm amazed at how we're reacting to a line that is 34 waves into production. With 7 figures a wave and all the exclusives over the years, we're well over 300 Marvel Minimates and there seems to be no end in sight. To me, one or two choices that don't make me happy or the fact that there's some characters we're missing pale in comparison to the fact that we have hundreds of these things.

True, but I also feel like a JL boxset would have been the best way to get a lot of redo's out at once, I think there'd be more of a market for two Jim Lee sets than the first appearance and X-Factor ones we have coming out. I guess my problem isn't with the redo necessarily, but that we're getting a surprising number of Cyclops, Jeans and Beasts this year, but I feel like the Jim Lee designs are the ones people really want. I could be wrong, but people seemed awfully keen when JL Storm popped up, and I just think they're kind of saturating the market with multiples of these three characters who aren't at the popularity level of Wolverine, Spider-Man, ect. People don't necessarily want the millions of Spideys either, but they'll roll with it to get Vulture, Shocker, new people.

As disappointed as some people are, I'm amazed at how we're reacting to a line that is 34 waves into production. With 7 figures a wave and all the exclusives over the years, we're well over 300 Marvel Minimates and there seems to be no end in sight. To me, one or two choices that don't make me happy or the fact that there's some characters we're missing pale in comparison to the fact that we have hundreds of these things.

Agreed. Even if we do get brown Wolvie, this is still a pretty great wave.

And just think of all the time we'll have to dream about it between now and when it ships sometime around next September... ;)

I'm all for the updated mates that have been coming out and the new level of detail. Looking back at the avengers wave with Thor, even those could have used the detail that we are getting now. I was looking at Loki on my shelf and he didnt fit in as well with all my great new mates.

As for the selection so far, it isnt always about having one mate in a wave that will ensure it sells like wolverine or spidey, its about having several. Minimates are awesome to us and Ive been buying them for years. But to others who havent been buying, going into a store and looking at a wave with one or two big names and a bunch of obscurities, I would imagine that they would be less inclined to buy a lot of mates.

We are biased to a degree since we will take any mate they give us. I don't know anything about Malice and very little about what anti venom has done, but Im going to put them on my shelf. Cyclops, Rogue, and Beast are big names and appeared in the movies. People will notice them and get drawn into the line. Black Queen and Selene are not recognizable to everyday persons. I think for the most part, DST makes smart decisions on lineups, even the war machine debacle. We didnt like it, but I bet it got more kids and parents to pick up Iron man related mates.

Classic memorable versions of some great Xmen for kids, obscure characters for us nuts that like crazy characters on our shelves, and a classic army builder for those of us that have too much money. This wave has something for everyone. I just cant wait to see what the Accompanying TRU wave looks like.

Me. Nessex. Twisted and numerous others. For appearing only a couple issues she has quite a following. She was made as a bust by DST, a statue by Bowen, SS statue, and a Toys R Us Exclusive Marvel Legend. There is definite demand out there for her in this costume or else all the various companies wouldn't continue to pump out product with her.

Dear DST,

Alot of people aren't, but I'm perfectly happy with this wave. They all look great, and I can't wait to get them all.

You guys know what you're doing, and I have faith in that.

Everything you release (Minimate-wise), I want.

Not having every(any) SDCC exclusive at Chicago Comic Con wasn't your fault.

I even got over the "injustice" of Gamora and an unnecessary Tony Stark War Machine, because we eventually got the Gambit & Deadpool that I'd wanted in their places.

The only thing that can (and is) piss(ing) me off, is this Toys'R'Us bullsh*t.

I love your company. I love your products. And after chatting with Matt at the aforementioned CCC, I love your staff.

But this TRU situation is complete garbage, and it needs to stop.

And, no, I will never "drop it".

Not even if I walked into a store tonight and found a case of Angel/Warpaths (not holding my breath to ever even find one).

Me. Nessex. Twisted and numerous others. For appearing only a couple issues she has quite a following. She was made as a bust by DST, a statue by Bowen, SS statue, and a Toys R Us Exclusive Marvel Legend. There is definite demand out there for her in this costume or else all the various companies wouldn't continue to pump out product with her.

I'm not bashing the choice or the character, I don't even really care about JL Jean, I'm happy with the Phoenix we got in the Secret Invasion set, but I saw people talking about JL Jean before this wave was even revealed, and now that it appears she won't be included, people are disappointed. I'm simply saying she seemed like a better choice, popular with collectors and more recognizable to casual people. I like BQ Jean, although I like Selene more to be honest. I'm glad we're getting BQ Jean so we can get Selene, I just think there was more support for JL Jean.