Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Matt confirmed it. To recap running theories:

(1) Jim Lee Jean is the chase variant.

(2) We're not getting Jim Lee Jean, and some other Black Queen-related character (Selene, updated White Queen, etc) is the chase variant.

(3) This is a Jean wave, with both JLJ, BQJ and some other character as the chase variant.

(4) There is no chase, and JLJ/BQJ will be evenly split variants.

(5) Some other totally random thing none of us have thought of.*

*probably this one

Edited by Lobsterman

Yes, Matt confirmed it. To recap running theories:

(1) Jim Lee Jean is the chase variant.

(2) We're not getting Jim Lee Jean, and some other Black Queen-related character (Selene, updated White Queen, etc) is the chase variant.

(3) This is a Jean wave, with both JLJ, BQJ and some other character as the chase variant.

(4) There is no chase, and JLJ/BQJ will be evenly split variants.

(5) Some other totally random thing none of us have thought of.*

*probably this one

I think I'll put my rage into a jar and place it my drawer, then when everything is revealed I may have to open it if Jim Lee Jean Grey isn't in this wave variant or not.

Maybe JL Cyclops is the variant. That would piss a few people off too.

They're pretty much in a corner here, in that whatever they announce to finish this series off is going to piss some people off. If they say JL Jean is the variant, then TTF burns down the DST offices. If they don't announce JL Jean at all, then TTF burns down the DST offices. If they say Wolverine is in the series, then those suffering from the over-saturated Wolverine market will burn down the DST offices. If they announce Jubilee, then I burn down the DST offices, because there was some remnants of Ady's hat, it just took them a few days to work their way through his digestive system.

They're pretty much in a corner here, in that whatever they announce to finish this series off is going to piss some people off. If they say JL Jean is the variant, then TTF burns down the DST offices. If they don't announce JL Jean at all, then TTF burns down the DST offices. If they say Wolverine is in the series, then those suffering from the over-saturated Wolverine market will burn down the DST offices. If they announce Jubilee, then I burn down the DST offices, because there was some remnants of Ady's hat, it just took them a few days to work their way through his digestive system.

I think we should all have some faith that even if the characters we want aren't in this wave, that they will make it into the TRU waves or in a new wave.

I think we're getting upset over nothing. :lol:

I think we should all have some faith that even if the characters we want aren't in this wave, that they will make it into the TRU waves or in a new wave.

I think we're getting upset over nothing. :lol:

I agree!

While I enjoy a good minimate debate, I'm sure DST has thought this through. There is a reason for the character slots they have chosen. If 90's Jean doesn't make the wave, then she will somewhere soon. They wouldn't release 90's Storm, 90's Rogue, 90's Psylocke, 90's Gambit, 90's Beast, & 90's Cyclops without ever doing a 90's Jean.

I'll be selling pitchforks and torches to whomever would like to storm the DST offices.

Gotta make money to buy this wave somehow :)

While I enjoy a good minimate debate, I'm sure DST has thought this through. There is a reason for the character slots they have chosen. If 90's Jean doesn't make the wave, then she will somewhere soon. They wouldn't release 90's Storm, 90's Rogue, 90's Psylocke, 90's Gambit, 90's Beast, & 90's Cyclops without ever doing a 90's Jean.

You're probably right, she'll be one per case in a TRU wave.

While I enjoy a good minimate debate, I'm sure DST has thought this through. There is a reason for the character slots they have chosen.

Except there's precedent for "odd" choices on DST's part. Like say making the appeared-in-the-suit-for-a-total-two-issues Stark War Machine as the main release figure, while the Rhodes War Machine everybody was more familiar with was one per case.

This is what we fear will be the case here with 90's Jean / Black Queen Jean. (which does sound like it should be Southern Rock song)

Add to that the odd bias against the Jim Lee Jean Grey costume that has been shown by all companies with a Marvel license, despite being one of her lngest worn, best known costumes. Toy Biz had the Marvel license the longest, even had a line of X-Men figures while Jean was appearing in a Saturday morning X-Men cartoon in that costume. Jean got several figure in that line, but only one in that resembeled the Jim Lee costume, and it was covered in "space armor". Marvel Legends, and it's X-Men side lines, came and went. No Jim Lee Jean. In fact, the only accurate accurate figure that costume has gotten is the recent no necked Marvel Universe figure.

So yeah, I'm nervous.

Except there's precedent for "odd" choices on DST's part. Like say making the appeared-in-the-suit-for-a-total-two-issues Stark War Machine as the main release figure, while the Rhodes War Machine everybody was more familiar with was one per case.

This is what we fear will be the case here with 90's Jean / Black Queen Jean. (which does sound like it should be Southern Rock song)

Add to that the odd bias against the Jim Lee Jean Grey costume that has been shown by all companies with a Marvel license, despite being one of her lngest worn, best known costumes. Toy Biz had the Marvel license the longest, even had a line of X-Men figures while Jean was appearing in a Saturday morning X-Men cartoon in that costume. Jean got several figure in that line, but only one in that resembeled the Jim Lee costume, and it was covered in "space armor". Marvel Legends, and it's X-Men side lines, came and went. No Jim Lee Jean. In fact, the only accurate accurate figure that costume has gotten is the recent no necked Marvel Universe figure.

So yeah, I'm nervous.

Well, for the Tony Stark/Jim Rhodes thing, I feel like DST was continuing to gain profit from the Iron Man movie, with people being more familiar with Tony Stark. However, nobody is more familiar with Black Queen over 90's Jean. Even if worst case scenario occurs, and 90's Jean is the variant... it might not be too late to request for DST to change it. It worked with the First Appearance Angel/X-Factor Angel. I'm just trying to ease your mind. :)

As for the Toybiz 90's Jean... this one was an unreleased 90's Jean that would have been perfect....

jean%20grey.jpg

It is a shame it was never produced :( Also, the Marvel Universe Jean does look terrible... how does a sculptor forget the neck?

Edited by Joe Hill

I'm worried too. That marvel universe jean looks funky. We need a regular Jean that fits in with the figures around it. And as far as what this wave represents, its clear by now that its not a straight Jim Lee wave. This wave is based off the animated show from the early 90's, thats how its able to have hellfire gaurds and jim lee costumes, since all of that stuff happened at the same time on the show and didnt have that 20 year gap. And because of this wave being based on the show, that is why I think we are getting mr sinister and Jean as the last two. With brown wolverine and jubilee at TRU, since jubilee was wolvies sidekick for a number of years.

They closed the guessing, so someone got it right. The right answer's on their Facebook page somewhere.

If Jean isn't a variant, then it stands to reason that's the only Jean we're getting in the wave. So if there's a Jim Lee Jean, it'll be a TRU companion exclusive. Which means: Dark Beast. OR... the as-yet unrevealed character will have a variant.

Unless as noted above, they're fudging the truth, or shipping waves differently starting with 34.

Just because guessing was closed doesn't mean someone got it right. Kind of pointless to offer a prize when they're giving you the answer. The guessing began with three figures remaining to be revealed. If they kept it open until the last one was announced, then the guessing would get easier and easier until someone could just turn around and post the line-up that AA was showing them.

I wonder what's taking them so long to announce today.

Yeah, but when he watches us squirm, his name's usually down there at the bottom of the screen mocking us.

Maybe there was a last minute change to the line-up. It's happened before. Could also be why the guessing game was closed. Just speculation, mind you.

More likely, they're waiting for me to go to lunch.