UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried too. That marvel universe jean looks funky. We need a regular Jean that fits in with the figures around it. And as far as what this wave represents, its clear by now that its not a straight Jim Lee wave. This wave is based off the animated show from the early 90's, thats how its able to have hellfire gaurds and jim lee costumes, since all of that stuff happened at the same time on the show and didnt have that 20 year gap. And because of this wave being based on the show, that is why I think we are getting mr sinister and Jean as the last two. With brown wolverine and jubilee at TRU, since jubilee was wolvies sidekick for a number of years.

Did anybody but me watch every episode of that show?

Its a classic. Xmen kick major but! :P

Just because guessing was closed doesn't mean someone got it right.

Agreed. I would say there is a 60/40 chance that the remaining figure is Modok, which I don't believe anyone guessed.

I had not considered this, and I am now more excited

I'm worried too. That marvel universe jean looks funky. We need a regular Jean that fits in with the figures around it. And as far as what this wave represents, its clear by now that its not a straight Jim Lee wave. This wave is based off the animated show from the early 90's, thats how its able to have hellfire gaurds and jim lee costumes, since all of that stuff happened at the same time on the show and didnt have that 20 year gap. And because of this wave being based on the show, that is why I think we are getting mr sinister and Jean as the last two. With brown wolverine and jubilee at TRU, since jubilee was wolvies sidekick for a number of years.

Did anybody but me watch every episode of that show?

Its a classic. Xmen kick major but! :P

I watched the hell out of that show and I bought the series from a toy convention a couple of years ago.

I watched that show for a few weeks as well, before realizing that I hated it. This was out at the same time as Batman: the Animated Series, and whereas I was a hardcore fan of B:TAS, even as a 12-13 year old, I couldn't stand the crappy animation or voice acting of the X-Men cartoon. I had a copy of the "Pryde of the X-Men" pilot, and thus knew what a nicely animated X-Men story could look like, and the Fox series was not that. The "Pryde" pilot was so awesome that I even forgave Wolverine having an Australian accent.

Damn. Gotta be 2 Jeans in this wave, then.

True variant?

Edited by karamazov80

Huh. I usually define both "alternates" as variants -- one being the variant of the other and vice-versa. Learn something new every day. SO... who's left? Given the Jim Lee theme so far, it could be any of the heroes needing an update:

Brown Wolverine

JL Jean Grey (why not?)

Jubilee

Colossus

...or villains:

Sinister

Juggernaut

Sebastian Shaw

Omega Red

OR, if someone did guess it, the only guess containing BQ Jean and Selene:

90s Jean, Selene

So I'm still hopeful for a JL Jean.

Edited by elhonez

I can understand their reasoning for Selene - she's the "big bad" for the Necrosha event in the X-Men comics right now, and she's easy to do. Plus she's a villain, and we never get enough villains.

I don't think we're getting another Jean in this wave. My guess right now for the final Minimate is the brown-suited Wolverine. Poor 90's Jean Grey will have to come in some other wave, or some other set, someday.

I can understand their reasoning for Selene - she's the "big bad" for the Necrosha event in the X-Men comics right now, and she's easy to do. Plus she's a villain, and we never get enough villains.

I don't think we're getting another Jean in this wave. My guess right now for the final Minimate is the brown-suited Wolverine. Poor 90's Jean Grey will have to come in some other wave, or some other set, someday.

omg if we don't get a Jim Lee Jean in this of all waves Im going to be driven insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:lol:

I think Selene should be the main release and Jean BQ should be the variant. Selene has been in more issues as the Black Queen than Jean as the Black Queen.

Edited by Chronotrigger

Yeah, I have the same sinking feeling. I think it's likely we'll see her someday, a few more waves down the line.

Im hoping we at least get sinister.

If we get another wolverine I'm gonna :wallbash:

Edited by ThePastx7

Maybe a complementary box set will be released around this time, with Colossus, Jubilee, Jean Grey, and Prof. X or something. Or, we could even get a complementary wave, like the Spiderman 3 Movie-Mates. Or, maybe she'll come 1-per-case in the TRU wave. Or, we might get nothing!

Personally, I think the Jim Lee Jean Grey is one of those "90s ridiculous" designs, and I can't imagine wanting to display it in my collection, but to get others from that period without getting her would be strange.

Edited by karamazov80

If Brown Costume Wolverine Redo isn't the last mate in the wave, I could see a Brown Costume Wolverine Redo/90's Jean Grey exclusive set in the corresponding TRU wave. Neither would necessarily require new pieces and it would have Wolverine, so hopefully it wouldn't be one per case.

Edited by blizzerd

Never got into the Hellfire club stuff., however if Sebastian Shaw came with this set it would be pretty awsome, and the tru set could be with a JL Jean and Trevor Fitzroy.

Would have rather gotten Mr. Sinister/Sauron/Stryfe, but hey the complexity and vastsness of the 616 is why we love Marvel.

As an aside looking forward to the SDCC exclusives need comic versions of Iron Man Villians.

personally, i think i'll be leaving the jean/hellfire and variant... never even heard of her. v.excited about the rest of them, especially Cyclops... absolutely fantastic. shame about the no JL Jean, but i'm a big fan of the Secret Invasion Pheonix mate, so that'll do. Give me Jubilee or a villain, and I'll be chuffed... CHUFFED!