UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, as much as I love what's been revealed, I'm hoping the next few days are some characters that don't have a Minimate version so far. I'd love some X-Men redos, but some orignals would be nice to see.

Oh, you mean after Jeanie; right. Because if not, i may just listen to Drgnbrn and bring a torch to DST's building. ;)

Rogue looks BEYOND fantastic. Quite possibly the greatest improvement on a Minimate yet; i'm am so proud, and happy, of/with DST for this. Definitely makes up for Beast.

Of course, since you can't have Scott without Jeanie and we already will have 2 girls in the wave, looks likes Jubilation gets the axe. I'm still hoping for 36 to be an X-Villains ONLY wave, and then 37 and 38 being an Iron Man 2 wave followed by a comic Iron Man companion wave. Fingers crossed for all 3 of those. :blush:

EDIT: Oh, and looking back, i too agree for a Black Queen. I'd rather not overload the waves with Jeans and Marvel Girls, albeit my undying love for Jeanie and all her variations, but it'd be a nice variant. I'd just want an updated Hellfire Emma and the rest of the Club to go with them first. :/

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

This is what I'm hoping for

90's Cyclops/Avalanche

90's Beast/Pyro

90's Rogue/First Appearance Rogue (Variant)/Brood (Army Builder)

This is what I'm expecting

90's Cyclops/90's Beast

Brown Costume Wolverine Redo/90's Rogue

90's Jean Grey/Black Queen Jean Grey (Variant)/Hellfire Club Guard (Army Builder)

((Off topic: Can anyone tell me why Kang is so popular????? I've been reading people scream for Kang since I joined.))

Ahh...The good ol' days with no Kang or Deadpool hysteria... *remembers* :teehee:

Yeah, but I remember when it was 'no Thor?' hysteria.

And look forward to the days of 'no Squirrel Girl?' hysteria.

Wow. Just wow. That Rogue looks fantastic. Just... Amazing. Now I have very little reason to go and track down the old version of her. That makes me so happy to finally see a 90's X-Men wave!

It seems the trend lately is to give us at least 1 villain per wave. Although Wave 24 and Wave 33 went as high as 4 in a single wave. So it seems we can hope for at least 1 X-Villain. Any guesses?

My top two hopes are Mr. Sinister and Omega Red. To me, other then Magneto, they're the two most iconic villains from this period. I think those two would look fantastic as Minimates, and would sell well solely due to design.

As for the army builder, seeing as those don't look to be stopping soon, I don't think we can necessarily expect an X-Men related goon. The last X-Men wave with Deadpool featured a Skrull for goodness sakes. So while a Hellfire Club goon would be amazing, I don't think it's guaranteed we'll see him or a Brood.

So for the last three slots, here's what I'm hoping for:

90's Jean Grey

Omega Red/ Mr. Sinister

Hellfire Club Goon

You know what's gonna be the hard part? Waiting until next summer to actually get these beauties...

Edited by Kamsm8

((Off topic: Can anyone tell me why Kang is so popular????? I've been reading people scream for Kang since I joined.))

Ahh...The good ol' days with no Kang or Deadpool hysteria... *remembers* :teehee:

Yeah, but I remember when it was 'no Thor?' hysteria.

And look forward to the days of 'no Squirrel Girl?' hysteria.

I came in during the "No Gambit?" segment.

We actually have the 90s Wolverine with the Wolverine/Deadpool pack, and I really hope they don't make another one. They really didn't draw him much in the brown costume then, in spite of it being on the cover of X-Men #1.

Jubilee was demoted to Generation X when that book came out.

A lot of folks forget that Jim Lee drew Uncanny X-Men long before that famous adjective-less X-Men relaunch. The X-Men were scattered by the Siege Perilous then and there wasn't a good cohesive team. Gambit came around during this time. It wasn't until AFTER the relaunch that there were two X-Men teams (blue and gold) and then mullet Bishop came around after that.

Personally, I'm a big nut for Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era X-Men. I guess that is late 70s/early 80s.

All I can say is I'm waiting for an Alpha Flight boxed set. 8D

By the way, anyone else think that Cyclops seems almost lacking in detail compared to Beast and Rogue, and especially compared to the new uber-detailed Thor and Loki?

but when you think about it,what can you add to him? hes just a normal guy and has normal guy muscle detail

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't get much better then Jim Lee X-Men minimates, especially when it's characters who were in the 90s animated series, so I was both amazed and delighted when these turned up.

Cyke looks great, and it's a huge relief to me that he's not gnashing his teeth again. However something looks a little off with this figure. I think it's the visor - seems a little too wide and makes his head look too big (as well as not being far enough down his face, but I think it's just not on properly in this picture). I'm not entirely sold on the gold colour, either. Ideally he'll come with a separate hairpiece and either glowing eyes or ruby-quartz glasses printed under that visor.

I hardly dared hope we'd be seeing Jim Lee Beast after the Secret Invasion one came out, and whilst this figure certainly has a few flaws, I'm very pleased to see it. The facial expression is by far the best I've seen for him - just the right mixture of solemnity and friendliness. The chest tampo does a great job of implying shaggy fur, and the feet are brilliant, even if the upwards pointing fur seems a little unusual. I'm very relieved that his hands are open - this Beast at least will be able to hold some laboratory equipment - but the forearms do look a little smooth just after the wrists, perhaps a little extra sculpting or tampoing to imply fur would help here.

The big problems (no pun intended) here, as others have said, are the chest block and the hairpiece. While I'd say Jim Lee Beast is probably a suitable candidate for a powerhouse chest, it really ought to be a much slimmer one, and I'd like to see the chest tampo printed underneath as well, so that we have an option to dress him in a labcoat. (Of course, if they want to produce a variant Beast with a labcoat-adorned powerhouse chest and glasses, that's fine with me too.) As well as being slimmer, a powerhouse chest *certainly* shouldn't add any height to Dr. McCoy - as I understand it, he's only meant to be 5'11" in this form. Let's save height-increasers for those who really need them. Whilst there's a lot to commend the hair sculpt (I love the little lock falling into his face), it's quite simply too big. Even the ears at the sides look too large - the whole thing seems to have been sculpted to slightly too large a scale. Resculpted to the same sort of size as wave 28's Wolverine, and maybe moving the sideburns in slightly, this could be magnificent. Here's hoping DST revise it.

And it just gets better. Rogue! At risk of sounding nitpicky, the colours look a little bit off here though - too much blue in the green, too much orange in the yellow, the hair looks a little dark, the eyes don't look quite as green as they should. I also don't remember her missing a part of the X-logo on her chest, and green straps on her boots would have been nice - but the sculpt seems pretty solid, and this is pretty damn good-looking figure of one of my favourite characters. I'm slightly surprised she didn't get glove-edges this time around, though maybe it'd have been too much with her jacket-sleeves as well. Wonder if she'll come with ungloved hands too...?

If we DO get Jim Lee Jean Grey, i'm hoping she comes with two hair-pieces. one out & one in a pony-tail like in the 90's cartoon!

I really hoping so too.

Bring on Jim Lee Hoverchair Xavier, Jubilee, Jean, Sinister, Omega Red and the Shi'ar!

(and Nightcrawler/Meggan, of course. ;) )

Im hoping for the line to go with some of these guys

nightcrawler,jubilee,jean grey,professor x, wolverine, bishop, and mr sinister.

I put down on the wish list thread to have a jim lee style xmen wave. I guess my wish came true. This is however a new thing to me. I just discovered they are making this wave so it makes it even more sweet.

I still think beasts hair should be from the weapon x wolverine minimate.

It looks way better IMHO. But all in all I cant wait for this wave. I haven't been this excited since they released pictures of wave 32 with extremis iron man and cable. Finally! My wish came true! :D

Yes!!!! All day yesterday and today, I kept saying they gotta make rogue! And now they have oh joyful day!! Yay and all that good stuff, i'm in love with this minimate! All i need is to see a jubilee and this whole wave is preorder!

Jubilee and Banshee. please give us a 2 pack with Jubilee and Banshee.

do you think these'll come out at the same time as wave 33? 29 & 30 are both due on November 25th (holy crap that's right around the corner!) and 31 & 32 are both due on December 30th...

i was just looking at the pic of Hound Rachel (which i'm really excited about) and it got me thinking that, even though i'm excited for the new Storm, and the new Kitty, and now the new Cyclops, Beast and Rogue... none of them are NEW characters... they'll all just be replacing other mates (except for Rachel)... so i hope we get at least 1 or 2 new mates out of this wave. whether it be a villain or not, i'd hate to see an entire wave of updates. so, again, please hook it up with Jubilee and Banshee!!

These all look great so far, eve nthough Beast has a few things off about him. I feel like Jean Grey should be a give nfor this wave, but the last 2 have me wondering.

Also, after this wave I think that DST can take a break with the X-Men's main cast. This makes 3 new Cyclops and Beast 'mates recently (four Beast 'mates if you want to consider the Secret Invasion set recent). I hope that we see some of the members of the New Mutants or Generation X when DST next returns to the X-Men related characters. Or, you know, some villains.

I think if it's an X-Men wave that it'd be cool to get a Banshee. In fact, a Banshee/Sunfire TRU pack would be even better.

If this happened, it would be my favorite TRU exclusive so far. Those two characters are towards the top of my most-wanted list.

Seconded!

I think if it's an X-Men wave that it'd be cool to get a Banshee. In fact, a Banshee/Sunfire TRU pack would be even better.

If this happened, it would be my favorite TRU exclusive so far. Those two characters are towards the top of my most-wanted list.

Seconded!

Thirded, just because i want to play up that old ToyFare gag of Banshee empashizing his Irishness!!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh, and i just realized, i'll take anyone on this here cover to X-Men Forever:

2vsgqxh.jpg

We've got a few key people on their i'd like to have. Besides Jeanie. Really, i'm not talking about her!!

Okay...mainly Jeanie...:P

EDIT: Hmm...i just looked to see how many we actually have/are getting on there!!

Gambit

Psylocke

Hound Rachel

90s Storm

90s Scott

90s Beast

X-Caliber Kitty

Nightcrawler (who needs an Update...eventually. NOT NOW.)

90s Wolverine (yea...he's old. But he's still in the brown costume...)

We'd just need a few to finish it...mainly Prof X because to me that's his most iconic look. What can i say; i grew up with the 90s X-men!! :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

The variant could be Dark Beast, 80's Rogue (from the Secret Wars cover) or Savage Land Rogue maybe...

Jubilee was around then, but for some reason, she's not on that cover.

Wasn't Jubilee kicked off the main team and sent down to the New Mutants or something?

no jubilee was not offically in either blue or gold strike teams, same as forge and banshee

and she joined

generation X

(with M, mondo, chamber, husk, skin and a few others , emma frost and banshee)

i think she joined Generation X AFTER serving as a (reserve?) member for the Blue Team. In all the trading card collections at the time, she's pictured with the rest of the blue team as a member.

I think that it's a necessary part of her character that she is a knock out, she's an extremely beautiful woman that no one can touch. That's very isolating and fitting of someone with the name of Rogue. I hope the variant is X-treme Xmen Rogue.

Though I do understand the dramatic conflict in that, she turned into a supermodel long after she was initially created. It was a "retcon" type of deal, because she looked like a normal woman before the 1990s back when I first knew of her.

I’m pretty sure she was initially intended to be a woman in her late 40's. The white 'skunk' stripe was meant to be greying at her temples to indicate her age, but was misinterpreted by the artist drawing the books at the time.

so knowone thinks there gonna remake Collosus?

heres my wish list

90'S Cyclops/90'S Collosus

90'S Rogue/90'S Wolverine (tan and brown)

90'S Beast/Hover chair Professor X

Variant: 90'S Jean Grey

anyone agree?i mean just look at this!,we have most of these,and it only seems right!

Holy Shit!!!!I Think I Just Called An Entire Wave!!!

You called 3, that's for sure.

But 3,None The Less!

NO, No, No

You posted Your "wish list" after Cyke and Beast had been announced and then you listed everyone else

YOUR SCORE = 0 big fat goose egg!!!