UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beast is pretty cool to me. It gives me the Jim Lee feel, especially the face. Although that chest piece might not be the right choice, and I am also hoping for a tampoed muscle-detail chest under the powerhouse bulk.

((Off topic: Can anyone tell me why Kang is so popular????? I've been reading people scream for Kang since I joined.))

I don't think we really need a new Rogue or Wolverine.

I never realized until this moment that the Rogue we have already is the Jim Lee version sans jacket. But whatever she is, I don't like her much, since I don't think Rogue is supposed to be beautiful (as she has been portrayed from the late 80s through to today). Why does every reasonably well-known super heroine need to be turned into a supermodel? We need mid-80s, John Romita, Jr.-era, average-looking Rogue.

Edited by karamazov80

I will be very disappointed if there are no villains in this wave

(I expect to be very disappointed :( )

We've received at least 1 villain like 9 out of the last 10 waves. I'b surprised if there wasn't at least 1 villain in this wave too.

Beast's powerhouse chest could be a little shorter, but otherwise I'm satisfied with his design, new sculpting in all. And I prefer his facial expression to the SI Beasts's, much more fitting for his "smart guy" persona. Still would much rather prefer getting new characters in this wave though.

And while I liked the Wave 11 Rogue just fine, if you factor in

1. Her coming out in the "part reuse" waves i.e. her very simple design

2. Her smile being reused for the Barbara Gordon Batgirl Minimate

3. Her lack of the iconic Jim Lee-style brown jacket

4. Another character from her wave, Cable, getting a shiny new redo

then maybe she could use a redo in this wave as well. Personally though I'd rather get her hooded look to her Jim Lee one (never mind if it's not accurate to the era :P) or better yet, give us kerchief Bishop and save the Rogue redo for another wave.

Edited by NorthRaider

I believe that we already got the majority of the 90's X-Men. I mean, how much more different can we get Magneto or Colosus or Rogue or Wolverine. The others like Jean and Cyclops sure, but we already got it covered for the most part.

Been busy the last few days so a bit behind the times. I like both of the mates revealed and quietly cross my fingers for Jubilee and Omega Red.

Is it me or has nobody mentioned that we will prob get 1 or 2 TRU exclusives that tie into this wave seems to be the norm these days. I would guess at Mohawk Storm popping up there as it is TRU that had the proto artwork.

I think if it's an X-Men wave that it'd be cool to get a Banshee. In fact, a Banshee/Sunfire TRU pack would be even better.

If this happened, it would be my favorite TRU exclusive so far. Those two characters are towards the top of my most-wanted list.

Brood army builder, perhaps?

If it is the Brood, then it could come with brown costume Wolverine, with the variant being Brood-infected Wolverine (that did happen, right? I have a vague memory of that).

Personally, I think the army builder will be Hellfire Club Guard (and come with 90's Jean Grey, with variant Black Queen Jean Grey).

I think a Hellfire Club soldier would be great, but I don't recall seeing much of them in early 90s X-Men comics (several became Reavers, though, who were around at that time). I might be forgetting, though.