UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Statues Talk

karamazov80

Well, today I got my Terminator PF. And after 2 days of leaving notices. . .they just dropped it off apparently. Not the biggest deal because I live in a neighborhood where I feel safe with them doing this, but it isn't what I expect or sign up for really, so I would prefer it if they didn't do it. Whatchagonna do, though?

Here he is. A beauty of a statue, though he might be going back for an exchange due to some paint scraping off inside his neck cavity:

DSC_0247-2.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Yeah, between the price, my lack of space, and the fact that my wife would hate it, I will have to pass. But it really is a nice piece. I have a friend who lives about an hour away from me who buys a lot of Sideshow statues. I am hoping he picks this one up so I can see it in person. :)

That is pretty awesome. But at that price, I would be going after the Alien Maquette (which my wife would also hate me for) or the forthcoming Hulk Maquette.

A sad update on that Terminator PF--as much as I love it, I am afraid that he has some unforeseen QC issues. The paint sticks to the jacket, and seems primed to peel some of that paint off in the long run. And this actually led to the first time I've had a major complaint about Sideshow's customer service. The problem didn't manifest until after 30 days--so, outside the typical period allowable for Sideshow returns. But the problem was completely on Sideshow, so I just assumed they would allow for returns. Well, they don't. Or at least, not without me footing the bill for return shipping and, as I understand it, my not be refunded my initial shipping amount paid. Prior to this, they actually gave me the advice of using baby powder to keep the paint from sticking to the jacket. :mellow:

Really kind of pissed me off, considering that this bad boy cost a lot of $$$, is heavy and expensive to ship, and is having problems that I did nothing to cause (most other owners on SSF who checked had the same problems with their statues).

That sucks, Sam. Other than you knowing about the problem, how obvious is it when you look at the statue? Is there any way to remove the jacket and clear coat the paint? That might be a better solution in the long run?

Yeah, that Alien 'Big Chap' Maquette has been tempting me since it was released. If that thing is in stock in a few months, I may have to pull the trigger.

It isn't all that obvious looking at the statue yet (wear to the paint on my statue was quite minimal so far), but if the issue got worse as time went on, then it would be more noticeable from certain angles. Given that it has to be touching the jacket, that means that you wouldn't usually see those spots. Of course, you have to take the head and hands off in order to package it up, and who knows what further damage could then be caused. Some form of coating might help, but it might also interact with that jacket. I'm just trying to get my money back at this point, and pray that the HT 1/4 scale version doesn't have problems of its own. Unfortunately, no Trevor Grove sculpt on that one :(

Edited by karamazov80

I'll admit it, when it comes to Star Wars, I'm a sucker for Boba Fett.

Sneak Peek of the Boba Fett "Mythos" statue coming from Sideshow. I may pick this up, specifically because it is not the same pose/display that is used over and over again. This "Mythos" line appears to be an artist take on a classic character, in a context seperate from the films. Check out the Darth Maul "Mythos" statue that is available for pre-order.

SWMythos_BobaFett_WIP4.jpg

The Ring Wraith PF is cool, but I have really tried to stay away from PFs (or at least choose wisely). Its not cost that worries me, its materials. I am terrified that the pants of my Hulk PF are going to fade or dry out or any number of bad things that happens to fabric. I have the Hulk PF and the Phase II/III Clone PF. Both of which have very little fabric on them. I'd like the Stormtrooper PF, but just haven't gotten him yet.

The PFs with a lot of fabric like Spiderman and Wolverine, those guys would worry me to death. Fabric fades very easy. Even in artificial light. It also dries out, shrinks and stains. I can't take that chance.

The Mythos line looks great, but I'll stick to the characters the way I know them.

I really dig that Boba Fett statue.

I like it too. It definitely drives the imagination, but space is a premium. I'll stick with my Kotos and 1/6th versions.

I just saw that. Right when I think I'm out, they pull me back in! That's been my most wanted Marvel PF for a long, long time. Automatic buy for me. Crossing fingers that there won't be issues.

Classic Hawkeye Premium Format will be revealed at SDCC!

Marvel_HawkeyePF_PP_01.jpg

I know someone who's pants are very tight right now.

At that price with no job, and my painting skills being tripe? No thank you. There was a Black Cat one that popped up twice last year (I actually know who had it) and I bid like crazy on, but I can't see spending $300 on a resin statue, can you?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's Jaina, right? Kotobiya Bishoujo statue? Didn't even know that was coming out. I was trying oh so very hard to stay out of the Bishoujo line. Thanks for making that impossible, YB. :P

Yes, KA. There were many female pilots. This is just Rogue Squadron alone. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_Squadron Jaina deserved to be a commander. Jacen? Not so much. He was all Darth-y and political at that point.