UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Statues Talk

karamazov80

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sorry, left that out. Kotobukiya. They claim it is 1/6th, but I think they use the same scale Medicom does sometimes. I really like what they have been doing in the last few years with the ArtFX line.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone else is on the fence about the Koto Hulk statue, let me know. Luke can get them but they are cheaper if he gets two orders and I only need one!

Shane how does he scale with Bowen hulks?

Well, they are both supposed to be 1/6th scale. I have the older Koto Hulk and he looks to be maybe about a half inch taller than one of my Bowen Hulks but its hard to tell for sure because he (Koto Hulk) is not standing straight up.

OK, this pic doesn't help much because of the pose the Koto has, but I wanted to show it anyway.

7360b338-184c-4fb6-a861-d06c4e2d10f4_zps

These two are side by side. If I stand Koto Hulk up on the ball of his foot and compensate for the Bowen Hulk base, he is about .5 inch taller than Bowen Hulk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WARNING : This link is gratuitous & contains photographs that may be considered unsuitable for persons under the age of .....er...under a certain age .

Now that I've gotten everyone's attention .............. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Exclusive-CAT-WOMAN-Premium-F-Statue-Hot-Sexy-One-ofa-Kind-Nt-Sideshow-Batman/151045710296?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D15639%26meid%3D7817998485191776405%26pid%3D100034%26prg%3D7492%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D230930484159%26

Suddenly Spidey Max looks kinda 'yesterday' . blink.png

There is actually a sizable subgroup of statue collectors that seem into that sort of thing. This statue seems scratch built (Dino may know for sure :lol ), but many simply take a Sideshow statue, mod it into a "nude" version, then recast and sell it.

• 1 month later...

If statues weren't so prone to being damaged in transit, I think I would sell all mine on eBay and be done with them. The novelty has worn off, and here I sit having already paid NRDs for Superman and Batman *sigh*

I've actually had both for about a year. Someone here mentioned a comic shop they'd seen the Sentinel in so I tracked it down on-line, called them and they shipped it here. I did learn that you should never pay a shop over the phone and not nail down how much shipping will be. Their estimate was more than $10 off of what they ended up charging me. In the end, I still got a Sentinel for around %$6 or $70 if I remember right.

Looking back at my last post, I still can't believe I'm considering buying something related to the Hulk where I need to use a payment plan. If it were Squirrel girl, I wouldn't even question the cost, but Hulk is just a little different.

I am shocked and confused that a collector on the order of Groundhog just recently got the MaxiMate statues. Based on what you've posted I assume you've got one of the top 5 or 10 largest Minimate collections in existence.

Edited by karamazov80